Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will they [The Government] tell us the truth about Covid?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Overheal wrote: »
    I don’t know what conspiracy forum you’re referring to but your 4 steps theory doesn’t apply here.

Ha, the irony of this. You are the facilitator, overseer and enforcer of the '4-step-system' of board's conspiracy forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Don2012 wrote: »
    I haven't went quiet, good obedient people who are not using the brains they've been given choose to put their total trust in a government who have proven to corrupt and dishonest but that's fine. Just keep listening to the box in the corner and not the thing in your head.
    4 words then random waffle. You ignored the replies to the video and moved on.

What's your opinion on her views and does it not make you question the video at all that she's clearly bat**** crazy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

I’ve read the quote it seems misleading. I was asking if you knew what family or we’re just repeating what you read from that brief.

Well the quote is from the document so how can it be misleading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

A good friend of mine died of Covid. A strong healthy friend of mine. But I suppose they were in on it too. **** you OP and your kind. It's the likes of you with your bull**** and lies that's got everyone into a anxiety riddled mess. Why don't you take your bull**** and lies and **** off you absolute prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭eggy81

The fact of it is, if we wore masks in shops etc all the time, rates of all communicable illnesses would drop.

People keep banging on about it all being for covid and "the flu will come back around in the winter".

Well, why don't we just keep wearing the masks so........

Plus, the " governments are tracking us all with facial recognition" conspiracies seem to have died off and now they're all saying the governments want us to wear masks for some other control.

I assume wearing masks all the time and never picking up any foreign bacteria and never being ill. In the longer term does that make us weaker or stronger?

• Advertisement

A good friend of mine died of Covid. A strong healthy friend of mine. But I suppose they were in on it too. **** you OP and your kind. It's the likes of you with your bull**** and lies that's got everyone into a anxiety riddled mess. Why don't you take your bull**** and lies and **** off you absolute prick.

Sorry for your loss. It is known that Covid is marked on deaths regardless of the cause. Name calling is uncalled for, difference of opinion in Ireland isn't allowed unless it agrees with the narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

eggy81 wrote: »
    I assume wearing masks all the time and never picking up any foreign bacteria and never being ill. In the longer term does that make us weaker or stronger?

What does the evidence from Asia where this is commonplace suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭eggy81

KiKi III wrote: »
    What does the evidence from Asia where this is commonplace suggest?

I've no idea. I was asking the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I always have to laugh at the response conspiracy theories get on boards. Such outrage. The response tends to follow this pattern:

1) Question the OPs mental state
    2) Dismiss everything as right wing so therefore not true
    3) Post an opposing link from clear left-wing news site and claim it as being the holy gospel
    4) Accuse the OP of being an anti-vaxxer or spreading misinformation that threatens the safety of the public or even causes people to carry out mass shootings

The conspiracy forum is plagued with these types, it always makes me laugh. I'm not saying the theories have any truth to them but the anger in response isn't justified for simply not having strong enough counter-arguments.

Post nonsense on any forum and it will be outed as such. This particular forum just happens to be a lightning rod for disinfo and quack theories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

you're right, people should just be left alone to post whatever lies they want without being questioned about them at all.

More from the Kangaroo Court. In fairness posters do get overly scrutinised and the tone of criticism can be unacceptable.

kangaroo-court-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,672 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is it? Or is it " common knowledge " among people that want to believe that?

How many extra people are dead over the normal numbers? (Allowing for fewer other deaths like road deaths because people are not driving as much, but they should be easy to allow for)

nearly 50k in the US according to a new study:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cdc-data-shows-207000-excess-deaths-during-coronavirus-pandemic-far-eclipsing-160000-confirmed-death-count/

TLDR, there are 207k deaths in the US above the year over year expectation.

Ha, the irony of this. You are the facilitator, overseer and enforcer of the '4-step-system' of board's conspiracy forum.

If you can point to any other thread here, say, in the last 5 years that follows this 4-step plan, I will make you a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

First 2 replies: "They're laughing at you" and "some people are totally bonkers". Both off topic and attacking the poster yet nothing is said. Seen it so many times over the years. People come to talk about CT's, get insulted and ridiculed, snap and fire back, get mass reported, get banned. Always has been the way here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

In answer to your question op, I formerly imagined it was a global conspiracy instigated from the Pension Funds on Wall street. I am actually doubting that now myself. Although it is not beyond plausibility.

However at the time it was unclear how serious the virus was. All we knew was that it was detrimental to geriatrics. It still is.

But I am beginning to doubt myself now.

I also don't think it is government instigated, any conspiracy existing has been orchestrated by a set which are hoping to profit via the adverse connotations of the pandemic. The pharma companies are too obvious, they make a fortune anyway. Actually with everyone scrambling for a vaccine it looks likes being a complete clusterphuck when solutions eventually arrive.

Like most things that happen on planet earth, they are usually just random, pure and simple. I don't think anyone knows what is going on, welcome to chaos.

Well the quote is from the document so how can it be misleading?

Because Coronavirus, Influenza and Rhinovirus are not the same thing as one another.

Joshua J wrote: »
    First 2 replies: "They're laughing at you" and "some people are totally bonkers". Both off topic and attacking the poster yet nothing is said. Seen it so many times over the years. People come to talk about CT's, get insulted and ridiculed, snap and fire back, get mass reported, get banned. Always has been the way here.

First 2 replies are not under the CT charter. First 6 really.

First 2 replies are not under the CT charter. First 6 really.

Pretty sure attack the post not the poster is site wide, no?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

If you can point to any other thread here, say, in the last 5 years that follows this 4-step plan, I will make you a mod.

Are you being serious? Will you honestly make me a mod if I can point you to one?

Masks weaken the immune system. Come wintertime many will be unable to fight off viruses because they wore a mask all summer long. All part of the plan, many will get the yearly winter Flu/cold, will run and get tested and BINGO!! All positive for this farce of a virus. *Coronavirus is from the same family of viruses as the one that causes the common cold and flu.* They are laughing at us.

Can you provide details of this plan?

1. What is the plan exactly?
    2. What is it's aim?
    3. Who is in on it?

So there have been 1772 deaths attributed to Covid in Ireland. With a population of 5,000,000 that makes 0.035%.

• Advertisement

Even if you look at average deaths over the first 6 months of the year rather than the figuers they are well up on last year

Where is your source for that??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,386 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

GreeBo wrote: »
    Who are "they" and how is this the only thing they have managed to coordinate across the globe?

"Globe" that's what they want you to think. But it's not your fault it's just that your brain is overly susceptible to lies because of all the chemtrails in the water and fluoride in the sky

Is it? Or is it " common knowledge " among people that want to believe that?

How many extra people are dead over the normal numbers? (Allowing for fewer other deaths like road deaths because people are not driving as much, but they should be easy to allow for)

People die everyday!! Look at the many people die every year from the flu, not a word about that. Odd that since this all started the flu/cold, diseases and illnesses have disappeared odd that.

Joshua J wrote: »
    So there have been 1772 deaths attributed to Covid in Ireland. With a population of 5,000,000 that makes 0.035%.

Out of around 26,500 confirmed cases. Which is an approx 6.7% fatality rate (when using confirmed cases)

People die everyday!! Look at the many people die every year from the flu, not a word about that. Odd that since this all started the flu/cold, diseases and illnesses have disappeared odd that.

The pandemic began at the tail end of flu season :confused:

Seasonal flu has a lower fatality rate than Covid19. Also we have vaccines and treatments for flu, when Covid19 broke out we didn't have either (and are still working on a vaccine)

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Post nonsense on any forum and it will be outed as such. This particular forum just happens to be a lightning rod for disinfo and quack theories.

So people with difference of opinion are just discarded, insulted and attacked for voicing an opinion that doesn't fit with the narrative?? Now I get it, good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Everyone knows it was the Jewish Lizard people from the darkside of the moon. They made the virus in their lab, mainly to target those who know the truth about their various conspiracies. It is their way to hide the truth.

Think this hits all the nutbag ideas floating around. 2020, and we still have people who'd rather listen to utter mumbo jumbo that makes them feel somehow 'clued into the deeper reality', than the mundane explanations.

Still think Alan Moore summed it up perfectly...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Where is your source for that??

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0506/1136898-explainer-excess-mortality-and-how-its-calculated/

This is research reported on by RTE by the University of Linrick and of Maynooth you can ask them for sources if you want to look into it forward. There are also many other countries reporting the same.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Seasonal flu has a lower fatality rate than Covid19. Also we have vaccines and treatments for flu, when Covid19 broke out we didn't have either (and are still working on a vaccine)

Who told you that? The flu kills more yearly than this. "We have vaccines and treatments for flu" well the immune system is built to help is fight off viruses and infection, remember that? Odd that RTE or politicans never tell us how to build the immune system up to help keep people strong and healthy, it's almost like they want us sick so big pharma can bring on the vaccine. Just stay indoors and wait until they tell you it's safe to get your vaccine good man!

Advertisement