Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there be another lockdown?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

Call it what ever you want it transmits primarily by close contact, the category of contact is irrelevant.

They can't manage where everyone works and where everyone lives. If that was to be taken on, how long do you think it'll take to obtain that information and sort it out?

Of course it's relevant. We aren't talking about where "everyone works" and where "everyone lives."

We are dealing with two very specific situations... meat factories, which the government had plenty of warning about, and direct provision centres - which are actually under the control of the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Checkpoints, address checks, and absolutely hop off them with fines if they do.

A mate in Sydney was telling me that in the state of Victoria the police and military have been door knocking on people who tested positive and are supposed to be self isolating. Around a quarter weren't in. So because of that now it is a $5,000 on the spot fine if you leave the house and up to $20,000 if it goes to court. Also fines of $1,600 if you havent got a mask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Jaysus, the curtain-twitchers are really loving this.

Lol they sure are I observe people flouting the rules, but I tend to mind my own business.

We're all grown adults and have responsibility and will have to deal with the consequences of idiotic behaviour if we lack awareness.

I wouldn't shop my neighbour's or friends, I look after my side of the street.

nthclare wrote: »
    Lol they sure are I observe people flouting the rules, but I tend to mind my own business.

We're all grown adults and have responsibility and will have to deal with the consequences of idiotic behaviour if we lack awareness.

I wouldn't shop my neighbour's or friends, I look after my side of the street.

Christ that’s depressing. Snitches get stitches eh?

Christ that’s depressing. Snitches get stitches eh?

I don't understand your response, can you elaborate please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

It's fine, the virus has changed and doesn't spread the way it used to back in March. All is well and there is nothing to be concerned about.

I don't understand your response, can you elaborate please ?

Old time mafia bull**** like:

“I wouldn't shop my neighbour's or friends, I look after my side of the street.”

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

GooglePlus wrote: »
    It's fine, the virus has changed and doesn't spread the way it used to back in March. All is well and there is nothing to be concerned about.

Link, please? :rolleyes:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Link, please? :rolleyes:

I can't find a link because I made it up. The virus still spreads the way it used to and we are moving as freely as we did back in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I can't find a link because I made it up. The virus still spreads the way it used to and we are moving as freely as we did back in March.

Maybe my ironyometer needs cleaning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Maybe my ironyometer needs cleaning!

70% alcohol or higher.

Old time mafia bull**** like:

“I wouldn't shop my neighbour's or friends, I look after my side of the street.”

Not really,it's quite simple I just wouldn't shop my friends or neighbours.

I'm aware of the suggested guidelines for covid and abide by them.

If people want to flout it, it's not up to me to go squeeling or touting my fellow men and women.

There's no consequences for being a curtain twitcher or tout, but at the end of the you're a tell tale.
    No ifs or buts about it.

I don’t think I’ve heard someone say about squealing or touting since I was in secondary school. Some people never grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Better people than us can decide the latter, but we used employer letters before during the nationwide lockdown so they could be used to commuting again.

So essential workers get their letters and commute to work no problem.

Essential workers like in a meat factory for instance....

Why are the loudest people the ones who put the least thought into things?

The workers in meat factories generally walk from their commune type living facilities that are part of their wages. They tend not to be commuting across counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Newbie20 wrote: »
    That’s why I said suggested. I know it’s hypothetical but it was never mentioned hypothetically earlier in the pandemic.

"Wouldn't be suggested if it was Dublin, Laois and Offaly" - sounds very definitive to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Newbie20 wrote: »
    That lockdown was for the entire country, this suggestion is that it would just apply to 3 counties, that’s completely different.Yes I said the high numbers aren’t being reported in Dublin now, that’s my whole point. When the numbers reported were very high in Dublin there was no suggestion of just locking down Dublin. I have nothing against Dublin, I work there and used to live there, but the government wouldn’t have the balls to lock it down on its own. For a long time Dublin accounted for over 50% of the overall cases but it only accounts for 28% of the population. But it’s a lot easier for them to suggest we might put Offaly into lockdown.
    Anyway I’m presuming these won’t happen unless cases were to increase drastically.

Many of the people who bash Dublin are ones who work and/ or live there. That doesn't prove much.

On topic, there was always talk of localised lockdowns after this one was eased. It was accepted that we would not be going into national lockdown again. The economy just wouldn't withstand that and there would probably be zero compliance. It was right to lock the entire country down when it was.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Even if no further lockdown I'm sure there will be another "Relaxation of Restrictions" thread.....

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

The workers in meat factories generally walk from their commune type living facilities that are part of their wages. They tend not to be commuting across counties.

They weren't walking from the provision centre in Newbridge to the factories in Naas and Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Beasty wrote: »
    Even if no further lockdown I'm sure there will be another "Relaxation of Restrictions" thread.....

You might not get banned from that one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

SNNUS wrote: »
    Two community transmissions and the Karen's are soiling themselves pleading to be locked up and encouraging people to confront people who are not wearing masks although they have no idea that the person may not be able to wear one for medical reasons.

Many people such as yourself seem confused on the issue of the ubiquitous 'Karen'. Your own attitude is, for example, very 'Karen' like.

So, just wear the effing mask if you're one of the 99.6% that doesn't have the mysterious 'medical reason' not to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

From what i have experienced, eastern europeans i have seen in supermarkets around Naas, Newbridge are not adhereing to FM's or SD.

I suspect local restrictions including that of shutting pubs serving food, barbers and the likes in the 3 counties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Why is a meat factory essential? We export 80% of our meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Why is a meat factory essential? We export 80% of our meat.

They aren’t classed as an essential service as far as I know and if the people who run the industry can’t get a handle on this the government will have to act.

bluelamp wrote: »
    In last nights figures there were two cases of community transmission. TWO.

ONE DEATH in the past week (the others reported weren't even this month.

Why in the name of god would we have a regional or national lockdown, when we have had one death in the past week.

The outbreaks this week and last are very much the governments idiocy, that no amount of improvement in public behaviour would have fixed. (Meat factories and communal living situations like direct provision... and the government were fully aware lots of residents were working in meat factories, and did nothing).

So for one death, and two cases of community transmission.... we have 10,000 Helen Lovejoys screaming for somebody to please think of the children.

Some people are so easily led... these increases are 100% the governments fault - not the publics. But diverting attention by hinting at regional lockdown etc is doing its job nicely.

I mean...I don't want any lockdowns either but I would imagine you are familiar with the fact that this disease spreads from person to person very easily, and that it's better to introduce measures to reduce spread before you have large numbers of cases? In the absence of restrictions, what do you do? Wait for community transmission to become more prevalent and then do something? It's a question of timing.

There will be criticism for "unnecessary" measures taken in advance of wider community transmission where community transmission doesn't manifest/increase and there'll be criticism for not intervening effectively sooner if community transmission does take hold.

I don't see anyone "screaming" for a lockdown regional or otherwise but you have to consider options and decide where the line is so that you can intervene when it's crossed. Doing nothing is not an acceptable choice.

You point to low deaths and low rate of community transmission, which was where we were when this all began to take hold. If we knew back in Jan/Feb what we now know and action had been taken back then including "lockdowns" there would have been complaints at the time sure, but with the benefit of hindsight that would have been the right thing to do. You can't assess the decision to introduce restrictions/lockdowns based on where we are today. You have to consider where this might lead over the next weeks/months.

Many people such as yourself seem confused on the issue of the ubiquitous 'Karen'. Your own attitude is, for example, very 'Karen' like.

So, just wear the effing mask if you're one of the 99.6% that doesn't have the mysterious 'medical reason' not to.

I wear a mask but I don't harrass anyone that does not, confronting strangers is not a good idea as it might be more than a verbal reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Not really,it's quite simple I just wouldn't shop my friends or neighbours.

I'm aware of the suggested guidelines for covid and abide by them.

If people want to flout it, it's not up to me to go squeeling or touting my fellow men and women.

There's no consequences for being a curtain twitcher or tout, but at the end of the you're a tell tale.
    No ifs or buts about it.

Do you do the same if you see a rape or a mugging?

FFS ����

• Advertisement

Don't be an idiot, I'd watch out for my neighbour's and a dog with a mallet up his arse knows you're trying to twist the plot.

If I seen someone at what you're describing the perpetrator would probably get a shovel on the head or worse...

Go on sure tell me that's wrong too, lets go around in circles.

Like I said don't be an idiot

Advertisement