Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

CSF wrote: »
    I've gone with a midfield of KDB/Salah/Son/Bruno/Grealish for the Christmas period. All of whom are the main men at their clubs and while not completely nailed, they're the least likely to be rotated points getters in their teams.

Will I continue to invest so money in the midfield when January comes? I don't know. Lets see who is in form then.

Who's your forwards? I have a fairly cheap defence and still nowhere near able to fit those 5 in midfield :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Who's your forwards? I have a fairly cheap defence and still nowhere near able to fit those 5 in midfield :O

Wilson & Decordova-Ried are mine on top of budget Keepers and Def excluding James

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bamford, Adams and Brewster

Dearg81 wrote: »
    My favourite part of the video is that you dont need to even watch the video to know the answer ;)

Shano thinks Bruno is the shout this week. #1 for KDB is for me the pick of the week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's kind of frustrating having all these players for Chelsea, City, Liverpool etc...and cheering them on when I'm a Spurs fan and actually want them all to lose and never score :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

GW19 is officially one massive DGW now. Just the 15 games!

GW18 only has 5 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fitz* wrote: »
    GW19 is officially one massive DGW now. Just the 15 games!

GW18 only has 5 games.

Come on in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Couldn't have had a worse possible start to the GW. Had James, Dias, and KDB (c) for a grand total of 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Couldn't have had a worse possible start to the GW. Had James, Dias, and KDB (c) for a grand total of 5 points.

DeBruyne (c) got 8 himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Chesty08 wrote: »
    DeBruyne (c) got 8 himself
    Damn, never checked bonus. Nice :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bilic gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    11 weeks down, I've yet to get a GK clean sheet - 8 of the 11 were clean sheets lost by 1 goal.
    GW 1-2: McCarthy
    GW 3-9: Guaita
    GE 10-11: Mendy

Make that 12 weeks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Bilic gone.

Decision must have been taken before yesterday. Sacking him after getting a point away to the 2nd favourites for the league looks silly.

Large Samuel incoming. Time to load up on WBA defenders and Charlie Austin:pac:

Benimar wrote: »
    Decision must have been taken before yesterday. Sacking him after getting a point away to the 2nd favourites for the league looks silly.

Yeah seems it was and if the players knew, they certainly didn't agree judging by their performance.

Benimar wrote: »
    Large Samuel incoming. Time to load up on WBA defenders and Charlie Austin:pac:

Large Samuel confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hoping that Big Sam can bring about a cheaper defender that he fancies in his team. He will likely see how he sets up different to Bilic.

I’m not an expert on West Brom defenders but maybe someone like Bartley or Peltier could become options at prices cheaper than the 4.5 where there are many options already.

Would like a replacement for my Mitchell cheapie without really spending too much on upgrading either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55352368
    The Premier League has said it hopes to start permanent concussion substitution trials from January.

It follows football's lawmakers, the International Football Association Board (Ifab), approving trials in 2021.

The new rule means permanent substitutions can be made if a player suffers a head injury, even if all replacements have already been used.

To avoid potential abuse of the rule, opposition teams will also be able to make a change at the same time.

Does the rule mean that if a player suffers concussion, that the "injured" team can make 4 substitutions, or only a 4th if all 3 subs made?

And then does the same apply to the other team, if the "injured" team can make 4, that they can also?

What would happen if 2 players gets concussion and who rules if it is? For instance Luiz was ruled not to be concussed as per Arthea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The only time this season I've been ranked inside the top 1 million is between the Saturday and Sunday in game week 11. Currently at 1.8m, this season is tough going.

Think I'd rather be lower down and gradually increasing rather than high up and losing rank. It is so demoralising going down slightly every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Think I'd rather be lower down and gradually increasing rather than high up and losing rank. It is so demoralising going down slightly every week

Speaking as someone who is lower down ... The problem is there is no gradually increasing, it's like sitting on a boat in choppy waters... Slightly up, back down, up and back down at the end of it... You are still sitting on a boat in choppy waters ....and that's just a normal gameweek.

I was like 2.1m OR by this stage last year. I enjoy the fact you can be more aggressive at that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I was like 2.1m OR by this stage last year. I enjoy the fact you can be more aggressive at that level.

My aggressiveness has backfired quite a bit so far :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I have taken more -4 than any other season so far . It hasn’t helped my overall ranking

The Christmas season usually is a chance to catch some rivals out, and also with BGW / DGW planning, and climb the ranks.

Personally, I think the biggest decision of my season was selling Son the morning before he scored 4 goals. I got the points for the 4 goals but he has not returned to my team since. Partly stubbornness, partly stupidity. I just wasn't prepared to do a -4 to rebuy a player I sold a week earlier and didn't forsee his insane run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Fitz* wrote: »
    The Christmas season usually is a chance to catch some rivals out, and also with BGW / DGW planning, and climb the ranks.

Personally, I think the biggest decision of my season was selling Son the morning before he scored 4 goals. I got the points for the 4 goals but he has not returned to my team since. Partly stubbornness, partly stupidity. I just wasn't prepared to do a -4 to rebuy a player I sold a week earlier and didn't forsee his insane run.

The thing is, getting son back now doesn't really help. It will only help you consolidate position.

I'm willing to gamble. This form will not last forever and that's when we will all capitalise.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    The thing is, getting son back now doesn't really help. It will only help you consolidate position.

I'm willing to gamble. This form will not last forever and that's when we will all capitalise.

Yeah that's pretty much my thinking too. I have Kane so anytime Son gets points, I'm getting some too. I just have to hope that the likes of Salah, and other premium picks score the same as Son, or more. And try outlast Son's run.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I dunno, saying Son's form was last forever - for last few seasons he's been one of Spurs best players. You compare Son with KdB now - and there is no reason why anyone would have KdB other than we expect him to come good.

We expect Salah to continue his form for the Season and to be fair he's only blanked in two games - and has the ability to score against anyone - ala Son atm.

I had Son and Kane from start of season and said i would stick with them for 10 games as that's when fixtures change, I took Son out for GW4, when Jose said he was injured only for him to get 18 points :(. Quickly fixed that and got him back for a hit, but then sold him and Kane to accommodate the city lads as they had Fulham and West Brom in 2 of next 3 games - Son got 27 points in those 3 games, and Kane got 23 points. I don't feel the Kane points as much as he plays so deep, but Son points are pain.

I think now until he breaks a leg or something that he'll be in my team for the season after i took a -4 to get him back in.

If you down in the millions club, his effective ownership this GW could be as high as 80% therefore he's a must and just try to make up ground with other players. Kdb's effective ownership was 40% in the same bracket.

I'm not sure I agree with this.

If your ship is taking on water, the first thing to do is patch the leak, then you can worry about catching the boats in front of you.

Son is the highest scoring player in the game and if he keeps performing, your ship will sink without trace.

Get Son and try catch up with your other players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Advertisement