Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I signed up to that and gave it a try but it is very clunky and it didnt even recognise Zaha or Wilfred Zaha. It started sending me daily emails last night to tell me there is no new injury news so I closed it down just there, have enough spam as it is without that.

Is there anything better out there for tracking injuries of your players, ideally something that is linked to your team week to week on FPL. Would prefer not to be having to Google the Leicester Mercury or whatever local newspaper everytime a player is out.

Best way is to watch or read the manager talks on a fri/sat morning, and learn to read between the lines of what the manager is saying, sometimes it’s about learning which managers have tendencies to tell porkies.

Hint, the bald ones tend to be the frauds

Random thought.... if palace played Newcastle last week (with one confirmed case removed from squad - zaha) .... yet several days later, much of the Newcastle squad test positive.

My theory is that someone else or multiple people in palace are asymptomatic or ignoring symptoms - which could mean that we could have further cases identified in the palace squad this weekend, they have been very solid in keeping information in-house, of course, it’s also possible zaha has returned he was the only person positive at palace.

It’s also possible that some players returning from international duty brought it into the Newcastle squad and it spread through the squad and zaha’s positive is not related to Newcastle squad infection.

This weekend will possibly see many more infections due to returning after international duty, clubs are containing information of positive results quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Random thought.... if palace played Newcastle last week (with one confirmed case removed from squad - zaha) .... yet several days later, much of the Newcastle squad test positive.

My theory is that someone else or multiple people in palace are asymptomatic or ignoring symptoms - which could mean that we could have further cases identified in the palace squad this weekend, they have been very solid in keeping information in-house, of course, it’s also possible zaha has returned he was the only person positive at palace.

It’s also possible that some players returning from international duty brought it into the Newcastle squad and it spread through the squad and zaha’s positive is not related to Newcastle squad infection.

This weekend will possibly see many more infections due to returning after international duty, clubs are containing information of positive results quite well.

Newcastle had 5 cases going into to that match so there was possibly more players/staff with Covid but could have had false negatives.

Another musing, is the testing by the premierleague every week.....I find it strange that the number tested changes, if there are the same clubs playing week in, week out surely the number of people tested (players and staff) would be similar every week....or are they only testing randomly?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1670563

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's supposedly highly unlikely to pass the virus while playing a football match due to it being outdoors and players arent in close contact long enough for it to transmit. The newcastle outbreak is more than likely down to them not being as careful as they should in some off the pitch settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Matinez
    Kilman
    Robertson
    Lewis
    Grealish
    Kane
    Jimenez

Think I'll go with the olde 2-3-1 formation.

#everythingisfine

Matinez
    Kilman
    Robertson
    Lewis
    Grealish
    Kane
    Jimenez

#everythingisfine

You going to free hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Matinez
    Kilman
    Robertson
    Lewis
    Grealish
    Kane
    Jimenez

#everythingisfine

You in the LMS? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Didn’t Newcastle have a few positives cases a few weeks back around league cup time?

They also had some before the Palace game.

Looks like they haven’t really got rid of it.

Wouldn’t say it’s anything to do with Palace

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Didn’t Newcastle have a few positives cases a few weeks back around league cup time?

They also had some before the Palace game.

Looks like they haven’t really got rid of it.

Wouldn’t say it’s anything to do with Palace

yeah, siblers mentioned above they had 5 cases prior to the Palace game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Carlo says Nkounkou " will have time in the next game"

Whatever that means in regards starting or bench

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Aren't all players tested 2 or 3 times a week?

JPA wrote: »
    Aren't all players tested 2 or 3 times a week?

can't say how often they are tested but there are numbers for the amount of tests done on players and staff - not sure if it includes multiple testing of the same person or not.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1814863

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Start 3 from

James (Lee H) KWP (Bha A) Justin (Shu A) Lamptey (Sou H)

Rest is

Johnstone
    Def def def
    Jota Bruno KDB Ziyech
    Adams Kane Ricky

Start 3 from

James (Lee H) KWP (Bha A) Justin (Shu A) Lamptey (Sou H)

Rest is

Johnstone
    Def def def
    Jota Bruno KDB Ziyech
    Adams Kane Ricky

Bench Justin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chances of Cancelo starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Whats typically the best strategy for a double gameweek, to use your free hit chip or your triple captain. Half thinking of triple captaining KdB for this GW v Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What would be the better option one man short or -4 bringing in a defender around the 4.7 mark?

Atm im thinking of going with ten men because I don't see too many cheap defenders getting over 4 points this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any Martinez owners just rolling with no keeper this week??

He will have two DGW upcoming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No but I've kept him and brought in Johnstone for this week. After this week they don't actually rotate too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Was thinking about moving Steer on for a theoritical '-2'
    Try combat against future Covid cancellations.

By having 2 playing keepers.

My thought at the start of the season was having 2 keepers form the 1 club was a bad idea as if 1 got Covid, both could get ruled out.
    But never thought about the team they'd be playing being the cause of me having no GK.

Been looking at premium keeper options: Mendy or Ederson.

Ederson already has 1 DGW upcoming, and a serious run of games.

Which leads me to realise I'd then never play Martinez, and that 0.6 could be better spent elsewhere.

Easy to get in Super Matty Targett for the doubles at 4.5 currently.

No, I’ve shipped him for Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just spotted KM79 in the I'm a Celebrity 2020 thread.

Folk are never the same after they leave the forum.

dahat wrote: »
    Just spotted KM79 in the I'm a Celebrity 2020 thread.

Folk are never the same after they leave the forum.

It's always slightly weird seeing posters in other forums/threads.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Trying to figure out Bamford v walker Peters v lamptey v Taylor for starting spots tomorrow. 3 from 4 will play for me. They'll all end up playing if Kane misses out anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-fotL3XtVo&feature=youtu.be

The first 8Mins is an Intro/Fixtures.
    8-19mins is the talk of 1-5
    19 onwards is our discussion of differentials.

For those that don't wish to view, as always I'll post :)

#1 KDB
    #2 Sterling
    #3 Salah
    #4 Werner
    #5 Mahrez

Appreciate any feedback, we felt we defintely went over on the time, probably discussing the fixtures we can tidy up about 4-5 mins.

I’ll start off by saying that when I look for feedback, for things I’ve done, I always ask for negative feedback only. That just makes sense to me.

I think you have 3 sections. The fixtures. The captains. The differentials.

These need to be introduced clearly. I was listening to your comments on the fixtures for a few minutes before I realised what was going on.

So ‘this weeks fixtures starting with blah v blah’
    Next ‘now we have the top 5 captain picks in reverse order’

With giving a top 5 I think the differentials should be 1 each. It could be a weekly thing as to who’s differential pick has done best.

I know it’s hard but I think it’s best to cut back on the sarcasm. It will fly over heads. Just call stuff for what it is.

I hate YouTube because I can’t leave the app to knock about and do other stuff on my phone. So I can’t even look at my team when I’m listening to it.

Think that’s all.

On the whole it is good.

Edit - you mentioned boards too. Thought we were keeping this a safe place from internet people ?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    No, I’ve shipped him for Ryan

Id would move to McCarthy, but oddly just unenthusiastic about it.

Don't want to be moving back so might just take the 10 players

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out Bamford v walker Peters v lamptey v Taylor for a starting spot tomorrow. 3 from 4 will play for me. They'll all end up playing if Kane misses out anyway.

Look at you with your subsitutes......

Tough call, Lamptey I think, just as I think Southampton are more likely to CS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Look at you with your subsitutes......

Well, its max one sub all going well :)

Advertisement