Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dahat wrote: »
    Just spotted KM79 in the I'm a Celebrity 2020 thread.

Folk are never the same after they leave the forum.

Haha, at least he’s putting his saved time from FPL to eh better use. He is missed around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Any Martinez owners just rolling with no keeper this week??

He will have two DGW upcoming

I am. I already did Watkins to che Adams.
    I only have 4.3 for a replacement so would need to do two transfers to upgrade a 4.0 fodder keeper.
    If you have funds it’s probably worth a minus 4 as if the transfer in plays and gets 2 appearance points it’s effectively only a minus 2

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out Bamford v walker Peters v lamptey v Taylor for starting spots tomorrow. 3 from 4 will play for me. They'll all end up playing if Kane misses out anyway.

I think you have to play Bamford. He misses chances and playing a tight Chelsea defence but can easily brace any game and get a double digit score.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I think you have to play Bamford. He misses chances and playing a tight Chelsea defence but can easily brace any game and get a double digit score.
    Plus he's a Chelsea old boy. Might be of a mind to stick one past his old club.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I am. I already did Watkins to che Adams.
    I only have 4.3 for a replacement so would need to do two transfers to upgrade a 4.0 fodder keeper.
    If you have funds it’s probably worth a minus 4 as if the transfer in plays and gets 2 appearance points it’s effectively only a minus 2

Yeah I haven't made a transfer at all.

Just not enthused by McCarthy, or Ryan as expect both to score. Villa have a great run and two DGWs at some stage. Might just go with 10 players (at most).

Id switch if I could get Martinez back but with no money ITB it's pretty much impossible (which actually appears to be a problem with all my players rising in price)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Players prices seem to be rising much more than usual this year or is it just the players i am targeting?
    Then if you buy them early you only get the price you paid. Very hard to get players in this season (I think anyway)

Had planned to go from Vicente to McCarthy and ziyech to Bruno. End up being .2 rise so can't do this now! Also, can't seem to catch any chelsea attacker this season either, I've tried Havertz, Pulisic, Werner and now Ziyech with them all blanking so far for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Players prices seem to be rising much more than usual this year or is it just the players i am targeting?
    Then if you buy them early you only get the price you paid. Very hard to get players in this season (I think anyway)

Had planned to go from Vicente to McCarthy and ziyech to Bruno. End up being .2 rise so can't do this now! Also, can't seem to catch any chelsea attacker this season either, I've tried Havertz, Pulisic, Werner and now Ziyech with them all blanking so far for me :)

I currently have Ziyech and Werner and I'm not too happy with them to be honest, especially not in the longer term as I think there will be huge rotation with Chelsea over the Christmas period. For the 4 most attacking positions on the team they have Ziyech, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Werner, Abraham and Giroud all expecting some decent playing time a lot of which were bought for big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Carlo says Nkounkou " will have time in the next game"

Whatever that means in regards starting or bench
    Doesn't even make the bench again - odd one

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Doesn't even make the bench again - odd one

Yeah.

I started him on the back of that but thankful he’s not in the squad as would likely have come on for some minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Really no idea what he's at regarding Nkoun then.

I thought after his last statement surrounding players he would be one to trust in interviews for team news but guess not

• Advertisement

Captaincy stats are very even this week, if your captain hauls it gains you points on 85-90% of teams, if it fails and someone else hauls it’s only 10-15% gaining ground on you. Of course is multiple captains hauls it changes that

Fernandes 14%
    KDB 13%
    DCL 11%
    Vardy 11%
    Salah 10%
    Kane 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What is the criteria for BPs? Sometimes it's obvious, other times not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

JPA wrote: »
    What is the criteria for BPs? Sometimes it's obvious, other times not so much.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭jaykay74

joeyboy11 wrote:

Nice argument. Helped me go for Bamford. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Average points currently showing up as 25, lots of people having a stinker of a week. Glad I captained KdB, 28 point haul on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Average points currently showing up as 25, lots of people having a stinker of a week. Glad I captained KdB, 28 point haul on his own.

Average is currently 41

Any fixture gurus on here that think villa might have a triple gw sometime? I’m just speculating as they are 2 gws behind in a tightly scheduled season.

If so I’d stick the triple captain on Grealish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Any fixture gurus on here that think villa might have a triple gw sometime? I’m just speculating as they are 2 gws behind in a tightly scheduled season.

If so I’d stick the triple captain on Grealish.

I'm no guru but I had a look at Villa's fixtures recently and I think they have a free midweek around the time of the FA Cup fixture. I think they might try put in their GW1 fixture there myself, as the European teams can play then too. The Villa-Newcastle game may go ahead during a European midweek would be my guess.

EDIT: That FA Cup game has been set for Friday night now, so that may rule out my thinking of the GW1 game. Unless the game is played on a Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Here's something im curious about if you are going into a game week on -4 when is that taken from your points before or after the game week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Here's something im curious about if you are going into a game week on -4 when is that taken from your points before or after the game week?

I think its after the first days points have been added.

• Advertisement

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I think its after the first days points have been added.

So does it get taken from your score that week or your overall points total?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

That week I think, although technically both I guess. I'm basing this off h2h leagues where I've seen scores of -4 after the first days scores have been tallied.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Overall points total.
    I scored 64 this week but had a -4 which was taken from total, not gameweek score.

Cheers lads! Been trying to figure it out watching fellas around me in my work league wondering why no one was dropping points each week ha.

Hey lads, Shanotheslayer and I have started posting videos on Youtube about captaincy selections. Here is this week's video. Probably no surprise as to who the bookies think is the best pick this week.

Also if anyone watches, would appreciate some honest feedback and suggestions. I'm not a video editor at all so won't take offence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Hey lads, Shanotheslayer and I have started posting videos on Youtube about captaincy selections. Here is this week's video. Probably no surprise as to who the bookies think is the best pick this week.

Also if anyone watches, would appreciate some honest feedback and suggestions. I'm not a video editor at all so won't take offence

I really like it. I think long overdue there are some Irish FF vloggers/streams.

Felt casual, good listen without any "you must get KDB" carry on that some other FPL youtubers tend to say. Just like they said "you must get Vardy" and then chap got 5 points v Fulham, Vardy was not mentioned in subsequent stream :rolleyes:

I suppose showing last 4 or 6 gws goals/assists would be beneficial along with the expected points, I am unsure as to expected goals or points according to bookies thing as bizarrely Auba is on the list. Bloody Maguire will probably get as many or even more points than Auba this gw. But overall very good discussion. I did like the Werner differential pick.

Thanks mate, one of the things I like most about doing it, is that its just a chat between Shano and me about who we're planning to pick. Essentially just two friends ****e talking.

I think adding the last few GW worth of goals and assists would definitely be beneficial and help people make their minds up, cheers for that.

I'd not be going near Auba this week, or ever really. Thats the issue with the bookies choosing the list for us, we'll end up getting the brunt of their decisions haha

Haven’t had my eye on Sheffield United (or much else) this season.

What’s the story with Stevens ? Has he been dropped ? If yes why ? Or was he just injured ?

Haven’t had my eye on Sheffield United (or much else) this season.

What’s the story with Stevens ? Has he been dropped ? If yes why ? Or was he just injured ?

Hasn't played for Ireland either so injured I'd imagine

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Hasn't played for Ireland either so injured I'd imagine

Further research shows he’s close to being back so that rules out my potential move for Lowe.

Although Stevens may play in the back 3 and that would keep Lowe safe. Too many variables though.

Ampadu may be the call in that defence but again he’s struggled with fitness since his move.

Advertisement