Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

If that turned out to be true I could end up with 3 WHU defenders.

Coufal (already have)
    Johnson (potential bench fodder)

And a very OOP Diop, my team would look insane but I;d be happy :D

Wise move would be 2 of them but not the fun move.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

When are Villa likely to play their 2 extra fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    When are Villa likely to play their 2 extra fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

On the watch list for me over next few GW are Raphinha, Ings. May need grealish back in.
    Have to shift Forster as second keeper for ings as I have KWP. But I might look at changing kwp for Konsa to get ings. Obviously Son and Kane too depending how they are breaking down deeper teams. Much more interest in son than kane.

Current overall rank is 4.1m.

Bottom of the league in the FSA Championship H2H League.

200 points behind the top 10k.

157 points behind top 100k.

117 points behind the top 500k.

93 points behind the top 1m.

Pretty much bottom of every league I’m in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Not like you. Hopefully you turn things around!

Only way to play from there is to play without any fear and oppose pretty much every communal captain you're not completely convinced by.

CSF wrote: »
    Only way to play from there is to play without any fear and oppose pretty much every communal captain you're not completely convinced by.

Aye. Like last week when I was on KDB all week and then went Jesus last minute.

This season will be all about the lessons I learn from here on in.

• Advertisement

Aye. Like last week when I was on KDB all week and then went Jesus last minute.

This season will be all about the lessons I learn from here on in.

I would argue that KDB last week was probably a captain you should have been much more convinced by than Jesus, but yeah, you’re not wrong either in terms of the associated risks.

It’s more likely you get burnt that way, but you’ve probably no interest in a 200k finish anyway which is probably what you’d be heading towards if you do a good job of achieving a successful template team with successful template captains.

I would argue that KDB last week was probably a captain you should have been much more convinced by than Jesus, but yeah, you’re not wrong either in terms of the associated risks.

It’s more likely you get burnt that way, but you’ve probably no interest in a 200k finish anyway which is probably what you’d be heading towards if you do a good job of achieving a successful template team with successful template captains.

You think 200k ? That seems pretty hard going to me.

I was thinking getting in to the top 1m would be an achievement considering how it’s going currently.

But yeah it’s new territory for me as I’m usually aiming for top 10k and would be disappointed with ‘only’ top 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You think 200k ? That seems pretty hard going to me.

I was thinking getting in to the top 1m would be an achievement considering how it’s going currently.

But yeah it’s new territory for me as I’m usually aiming for top 10k and would be disappointed with ‘only’ top 100k.

I was around 6m OR after GW5 or GW6. Got to inside the top 1m at close of play on the Saturday of GW11. The Sunday and Monday went all wrong in GW11 and GW12 was a complete write off.

I don't even want to look at my ranking but I'm probably back to below 2m OR and around 80 points to make up in my league after grinding it down to around 50. Trying to make up that much ground seems impossible. Only thing I'm holding onto is that I have my chips (outside of my wildcard) and DGW planning could help make ground back but if GW13 is a disaster which it could easily be, I don't think I'll bother playing on. Just not worth it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

what's everyone's points total looking like i'm way down on 696 this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m outside the top million so not happy

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I’m outside the top million so not happy
    Long way to go. I'm 695k so obviously not somewhere I'd be happy to finish either, but 50k rises most weeks would do absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

what's everyone's points total looking like i'm way down on 696 this year

764 100K

My mate is 800 and that's 13.7K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

755 and 150k.

Was 20k 2 weeks ago but have had back to back nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

764 100K

My mate is 800 and that's 13.7K

If you put your FF ID in here: https://www.livefpl.net/rank

It tells you how far off you the different ranks you are. There is a whole rake of other useful information on the website - even comparing your player ownership to those in the same rank category etc

This interesting enough part: https://www.livefpl.net/rank_tiers

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

How are people playing the Christmas period? Cautious or taking risks?

I’m 130k and have been there abouts every week. Feel like my team is too much of a template and have few differentials. With two tough gameweeks my gut is to play safe and just trust Kane/Son/Salah as captains.

Or is the festive period the time to take punts and shoot up the rankings?

• Advertisement

Trey13 wrote: »
    How are people playing the Christmas period? Cautious or taking risks?

I’m 130k and have been there abouts every week. Feel like my team is too much of a template and have few differentials. With two tough gameweeks my gut is to play safe and just trust Kane/Son/Salah as captains.

Or is the festive period the time to take punts and shoot up the rankings?
    I've gone with a midfield of KDB/Salah/Son/Bruno/Grealish for the Christmas period. All of whom are the main men at their clubs and while not completely nailed, they're the least likely to be rotated points getters in their teams.

Will I continue to invest so money in the midfield when January comes? I don't know. Lets see who is in form then.

Done up a video for this game week's best captaincy picks on YouTube. My god it is difficult finding time to do these things during a midweek gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Done up a video for this game week's best captaincy picks on YouTube. My god it is difficult finding time to do these things during a midweek gameweek.

Nice link bro

Nice link bro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

My favourite part of the video is that you dont need to even watch the video to know the answer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

11 weeks down, I've yet to get a GK clean sheet - 8 of the 11 were clean sheets lost by 1 goal.
    GW 1-2: McCarthy
    GW 3-9: Guaita
    GE 10-11: Mendy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    11 weeks down, I've yet to get a GK clean sheet - 8 of the 11 were clean sheets lost by 1 goal.

I would much appreciate if you didn't have Mendy in goals this week

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That is pretty tough going. Makes me all the more determined to stay with Emi forever because all of those choices look like they would have been sound logic at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I've gone with a midfield of KDB/Salah/Son/Bruno/Grealish for the Christmas period. All of whom are the main men at their clubs and while not completely nailed, they're the least likely to be rotated points getters in their teams.

Will I continue to invest so money in the midfield when January comes? I don't know. Lets see who is in form then.

I’ve gone
    Bruno KDB Salah Grealish
    Kane

For the Xmas spell didn’t work too well last week but hopefully over the Xmas period I’ll see gains

• Advertisement

I’ve gone
    Bruno KDB Salah Grealish
    Kane

For the Xmas spell didn’t work too well last week but hopefully over the Xmas period I’ll see gains

Very similar idea then. Yours is probably even safer from rotation than mine at Spurs but I needed that extra cash for a few other things.

Advertisement