Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

What if Newcastle decide it would be expedient to put their U23s and U21s or whoever into isolation too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Markx wrote: »
    What if Newcastle decide it would be expedient to put their U23s and U21s or whoever into isolation too.....

Just to play devil's advocate here.

Do Newcastle senior team & u23s train in the same complex? Or have a strong cross over between staff?

If they are on opposite sides of the city and Newcastle senior team goes into quarantine because 5 players test positive and there is no cross over between the 2 training bases, is there a logical reason as to why the u23s have to also close down? Other than just to call off the senior game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

Fitz* wrote: »
    Just to play devil's advocate here.

Do Newcastle senior team & u23s train in the same complex? Or have a strong cross over between staff?

If they are on opposite sides of the city and Newcastle senior team goes into quarantine because 5 players test positive and there is no cross over between the 2 training bases, is there a logical reason as to why the u23s have to also close down? Other than just to call off the senior game.

Yeah that's my point :) I'm guessing Newcastle can force the issue fairly easily here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I've Grealish, Konsa and Wilson. This will not be good for my team.

Really don't want to transfer any of them out really either.

I've Grealish, Konsa and Wilson. This will not be good for my team.

Really don't want to transfer any of them out really either.

I don't want to free hit but I'd be doing well to field 8 if it is cancelled. I'd need to take a hit to sell Martinez and still would only have 9 playing (maybe 10)

Will have to wait and see

A possible reschedule date could still be within the same GW.

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1333779418515468288

Also, Villa already have the GW1 game still to reschedule, so may want to avoid having it later in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    A possible reschedule date could still be within the same GW.

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1333779418515468288

Also, Villa already have the GW1 game still to reschedule, so may want to avoid having it later in the season.

Does that not tempt faith - like would the PL being playing doctor then, who knows if those sick would have recovered. Be best to push the game out to another date.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1333813977269358593?s=20

No word on rescheduling yet it seems.

Pain in the arse.

• Advertisement

Feic. Just when my season was starting to get going

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Three villa players, disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Lads is it just me or did they not update the subs for the last game week?

Everyone I've checked is waiting on subs like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mine updated

Earliest they are allowed train is Friday if players are negative. Could still be played Tuesday or Wednesday but will have to wait

I've checked but most seem fine. Post your team and we can take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Fortunately only have grealish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55151090

Newcastle v Villa off

Ben Crellin reckons it could be mid-week next week but more likely later in the season

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Does that not tempt faith - like would the PL being playing doctor then, who knows if those sick would have recovered. Be best to push the game out to another date.

Probably is the best option tbh.

Had a quick look and the midweek before the FA Cup ties is free. I can see Villa having to play a DGW that week possibly, because of their 2 outstanding games now.

Both clubs not being in Europe does help the though in terms of trying to find a free slot.

the 3 games in a week for these clubs will open up some conversations around the 3/5 sub rule but that is for a different debate.

• Advertisement

I've checked but most seem fine. Post your team and we can take a look.

I had 3 at back Lamptey didn't play. Mitchell first sub didn't play Bissouma second sub 2 points.

Ah **** I see the issue to many midfielders!?

I had 3 at back Lamptey didn't play. Mitchell first sub didn't play Bissouma second sub 2 points.

You need 3 starting defenders. As you only had 2, Bissouma can't come in

siblers wrote: »
    You need 3 starting defenders. As you only had 2, Bissouma can't play

I really need to get rid of Mitchell and Dunne ffs ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It opens up other questions for FF- when it the deadline for this weekend - can they push it to Saturday - extra price rises come into consideration and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It opens up other questions for FF- when it the deadline for this weekend - can they push it to Saturday - extra price rises come into consideration and all that.

It will be Saturday now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Martinez (and Steer), Grealish, and Lewis in my team..

On the other hand, 2FTs and a strong team with a recently played WC, so not the worst timing. May move on Martinez to Mendy as was unsure on him anyway, and then play Coufal at home to United in place of Grealish. Though that could leave me short on funds if I want to get Salah back.

Brewster as a final bench option in case Cancelo doesn't start.

Doesn't hurt me as much as I guess it might others, but certainly has me regretting not going with 2 playing goalkeepers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Earliest they are allowed train is Friday if players are negative. Could still be played Tuesday or Wednesday but will have to wait

If they can train Friday then should be postponed to Tuesday tops, still within GW.

I got grealish Martinez and Wilson. I need these to play and get me points please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭macraignil

CSF wrote: »
    It will be Saturday now

Showing now on FPL site that Saturday at 11.00 is the deadline to pick team. Disappointed that the game is suspended seeing as the material I read suggested a team would need to play unless they were unable field 14 players which I reckoned was unlikely.

Used my free transfer to bring in a player close to a price rise that now has no game this week. Can make 11 if I play Ryan, Coufal and Brewster but would prefer if the suspended game is rescheduled to still be in this game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Bollocks. I just signed Wilson

Bollocks, just realised I did too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

3 players out for me: Konsa, Watkins, Grealish.
    Only one dud sub so happy to play the bench.

I imagine there'll be lads with 3 Villa and a bench of Mitchell, Kilman and Brewster.

Think I'll keep, Villa could have 2 DGW's coming up

Advertisement