Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Is this the Liverpool thread or Fantasy Football :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If I have 2 free transfers and don't use any will I still have 2 next week? Just burn the one transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If I have 2 free transfers and don't use any will I still have 2 next week? Just burn the one transfer?

Yes you will still have two transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

4pm Friday deadline for GW8 (next week).

That will have a fair few casualties!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Shedite27 wrote: »
    4pm Friday deadline for GW8 (next week).

That will have a fair few casualties!

That will definitely catch a few!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭Cartman78

These four day gameweeks are great craic said no one ever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I miss the 3pm games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cartman78 wrote: »
    These four day gameweeks are great craic said no one ever
    Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I miss the 3pm games

Tbh I like it. I get to watch more football and I get to see more players if they pass the eye test.

If anything it's easier(Assuming you get to see the games)

Tbh I like it. I get to watch more football and I get to see more players if they pass the eye test.

If anything it's easier(Assuming you get to see the games)

I do think it is a little easier right but deffo less fun. Like even without watching all. The games I pay attention to them singularly so it is making things clearer for me.

I always try to catch my attacking players. So if I can I will be trying for ones in more attacking teams if possible. So that'll be no woods or Wilsons for me this year hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I do think it is a little easier right but deffo less fun. Like even without watching all. The games I pay attention to them singularly so it is making things clearer for me.

I always try to catch my attacking players. So if I can I will be trying for ones in more attacking teams if possible. So that'll be no woods or Wilsons for me this year hopefully

It’s gonna be very hard to see it going back to normal times.

To be honest the Saturday & Sunday night games are golden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    It’s gonna be very hard to see it going back to normal times.

To be honest the Saturday & Sunday night games are golden.

Not sure if it's set but for GW9 there are 6 games listed as Saturday 3pm kick off - no idea if that is subject to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's set but for GW9 there are 6 games listed as Saturday 3pm kick off - no idea if that is subject to change?

They're not set and it makes it really hard to play the sky game this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »

All the 3pm games get rejigged 10 days out. They just moved GW8 games yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hopefully a few people don’t realise the deadline was this evening :)

Although the reality is most people will likely automatically have likes of Salah or Kane down as Captain anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

xG prevented is an attempt to judge goals conceded versus xG on target conceded.

xG on target tries to expand on the usual xG stat by including how well the shot was taken as opposed to just where it came from.

There are only 4 keepers in positive territory for this so far this season.

1.8 Martinez
    0.8 Mendy
    0.3 Darlow
    0.3 Ederson

Martinez has played a big role in Villa's defence. Will he keep this up?

The worst 5 according to the stat.

-4.5 Ryan
    -3.0 Adrian
    -2.9 Pickford
    -2.7 McCarthy
    -2.6 Patricio

Adrian and Pickford speak for themselves.

Has Ryan been considered out of form? If so better performances might improve Brighton's defensive stats.

Also surprised to see McCarthy and Patricio there. Have their defenses been covering them up a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

dsmythy wrote: »
    xG prevented is an attempt to judge goals conceded versus xG on target conceded.

xG on target tries to expand on the usual xG stat by including how well the shot was taken as opposed to just where it came from.

There are only 4 keepers in positive territory for this so far this season.

1.8 Martinez
    0.8 Mendy
    0.3 Darlow
    0.3 Ederson

Martinez has played a big role in Villa's defence. Will he keep this up?

The worst 5 according to the stat.

-4.5 Ryan
    -3.0 Adrian
    -2.9 Pickford
    -2.7 McCarthy
    -2.6 Patricio

Adrian and Pickford speak for themselves.

Has Ryan been considered out of form? If so better performances might improve Brighton's defensive stats.

Also surprised to see McCarthy and Patricio there. Have their defenses been covering them up a bit?

Concede 12 of 18 shots I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Hopefully a few people don’t realise the deadline was this evening :)

Although the reality is most people will likely automatically have likes of Salah or Kane down as Captain anyway.

I knew the deadline but still missed it, more due to losing track of time carving pumpkins for Halloween with my nieces :(

Was grand that I had Son set as captain, but I had 2FTs so I've effectively lost one. And it would have been really handy as I've a few players I'd like to have got in. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Does anyone know why Saiss (Wolves) didn't play yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Big Borg wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Saiss (Wolves) didn't play yesterday?

Kilman preferred in defence. New guy took the wing back role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Anyone who had the Brighton goalkeeper coverage was somewhat screwed yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have most of the big hitters......Salah,Grealish,Zaha,Son,Kane,DCL.

Am half thinking of going for Zaha (away to a leaky Leeds defence) or Son (Away to West Brom) as my Captain pick to try and get a differential boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Don't think Son will be a differential, I'd assume he'll be the most captained this week

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don't think Son will be a differential, I'd assume he'll be the most captained this week

Think Kane might win that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Think you'd have to go Werner or someone on Chelsea if you wanted to get a differential cap this week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have most of the big hitters......Salah,Grealish,Zaha,Son,Kane,DCL.

Am half thinking of going for Zaha (away to a leaky Leeds defence) or Son (Away to West Brom) as my Captain pick to try and get a differential boost.

I hope you're in the last man standing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What do we reckon the over/under will be on how many ‘stop the count jokes’ will be made when someone is having a good week?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

The template midfield (that I have) seems to consist of Salah, son, hamez and Grealish/Zaha.

I want (And assume most will) Kdb or sterling in two gws for their excellent run of fixtures. For me Salah is untouchable so who do you upgrade to Kdb/sterling?

Son and keep Kane up top? Or downgrade Kane and upgrade hamez or grealish?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    The template midfield (that I have) seems to consist of Salah, son, hamez and Grealish/Zaha.

I want (And assume most will) Kdb or sterling in two gws for their excellent run of fixtures. For me Salah is untouchable so who do you upgrade to Kdb/sterling?

It would have to be Son. You’d have to think Kane will outscore Son over the course of the season so will naturally see more goals trending towards him soon

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Darksoul

joeyboy11 wrote: »

Depends on your team forwards you have up front, do you have 2 premium strikers or 3 good strikers.

Me personally I would do a straight swap Son for KDB - that way you have 2 penalty takers for Spurs and City, providing you have money in the bank.

I think downgrading James Rodriguez might be a safe option to downgrade out of the midfield you have because I own him and it's frustrating enough not knowing if he will play or not and a bit glassy but he does return good points.

Let's see how he gets on if he plays Man utd first though,and don't forget international matches and possible covid cases etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Darksoul wrote: »
    Depends on your team forwards you have up front, do you have 2 premium strikers or 3 good strikers.

Me personally I would do a straight swap Son for KDB - that way you have 2 penalty takers for Spurs and City, providing you have money in the bank.

I think downgrading James Rodriguez might be a safe option to downgrade out of the midfield you have because I own him and it's frustrating enough not knowing if he will play or not and a bit glassy but he does return good points.

Let's see how he gets on if he plays Man utd first though,and don't forget international matches and possible covid cases etc...

Yea I think you’re right, my initial instinct was to upgrade son to Kdb and anything else is probably overthinking it.
    I’m happy to hold Kane, dcl and Bamford up top for a while.

Good points re hamez. It will be very interesting to see if and how he plays against united this weekend.

Re the international break I’m banking this week so that I’ll have two free transfers after going into gw 9.

Advertisement