Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

ScummyMan wrote: »
    For those on wildcard, would you go without Liverpool defense?

They look a lot less secure with Adrian at the back, and the downgrade makes my team look a lot better.

But the fear :P

No!

Also, anyone planning to risk Pulisic on WC.

I can do Harvey Barnes, Maupay and Soucek (sub in a 3-4-3) or Pulisic, Trossard, Brewster (sub in a 3-5-2)?

EDIT: Actually Soucek could become Bissouma and I can just change Barnes to Pulisic

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Morzadec wrote: »

Digne as one of the hardest fixtures of the season, I don't think you have to start him just cos he's 6.0. Always has some chance of an attacking return and there have been some 0-0s between the sides recently so a cleany isn't a total impossibility.

While Digne may have one of his hardest fixture of the season, are you not paying 6m for his attacking abilities more so than his defensive ones, therefore if your benching him against a Liverpool team who conceded 7 against Villa and have a shaky keeper, you might as well sell him imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    While Digne may have one of his hardest fixture of the season, are you not paying 6m for his attacking abilities more so than his defensive ones, therefore if your benching him against a Liverpool team who conceded 7 against Villa and have a shaky keeper, you might as well sell him imo.

6m for attacking ability as well as defensive ability. Likelihood is Everton won't keep a clean sheet so that puts him on 2. So an assist brings him to 6 pretty much.

So will Digne get an assist ahead of those other options with a higher chance of a Clean Sheet and an assist?

Everton will be lucky to get 2 goals so I think benching Digne is a viable option. Don't think starting him just for his price is a must

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yeah but he might not have the scope to make that transfer this week. I don't think Digne represents value right now, but it's also far from a fire that needs putting out.

I think you have to assess each decision on what you think will score you points, just because you have 6.0 invested doesn't mean you have to start him - the decision should purely be based on who you think will score more points.

He might have put Digne in his team from the start because he was expecting him to take set pieces - that's not really happening now afaik, think James is on the corners at least.

So there could be a sense of sunk cost fallacy in starting Digne just because of his cost.

Not that he's a bad shout, I think there's not much between those last 3 options he has, and you could make a case for Digne, but his value shouldn't come into it.

6m for attacking ability as well as defensive ability. Likelihood is Everton won't keep a clean sheet so that puts him on 2. So an assist brings him to 6 pretty much.

So will Digne get an assist ahead of those other options with a higher chance of a Clean Sheet and an assist?

Everton will be lucky to get 2 goals so I think benching Digne is a viable option. Don't think starting him just for his price is a must

So if you think Everton will be lucky to get 2 goals - implies you think they'll at least score and hence no CS for Liverpool - would you consider someone benching pool defender as acceptable given that they have been defensively poor so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Will Brewster start for Sheffield?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Will Brewster start for Sheffield?

In my opinion, he has to. They have nobody else.

So if you think Everton will be lucky to get 2 goals - implies you think they'll at least score and hence no CS for Liverpool - would you consider someone benching pool defender as acceptable given that they have been defensively poor so far?

You're changing the argument. If the other defenders had what I would deem a higher chance of points than a Liverpool defender I would start them.

You're changing the argument. If the other defenders had what I would deem a higher chance of points than a Liverpool defender I would start them.

My original argument for starting him was purely on price, a counter argument was then made that you should ignore price when choosing players and it should be on their expected return based on form and fixtures.

I asked the question about pool defenders as most people are paying premium 6m+ for them due to their attacking abilities coupled with defensive, similarly to Digne, and they can return in any match.

Regardless of form, imo there are players that the majority of FF players would never bench purely because of their price, especially this season with some crazy results.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Once ypu have the player in your side then you should ignore price and go with the player you think has the highest expected points. If you're doing it often then the mistake is buying them you don't want to compound that by benching the player with the expected points too.

• Advertisement

Not feeling great as a TAA and Robertson owner now.

No Alisson and if that VVD injury keeps him out for any period you’d be happy enough with no LFC defence.

Not feeling great as a TAA and Robertson owner now.

No Alisson and if that VVD injury keeps him out for any period you’d be happy enough with no LFC defence.

VVD missing is a bigger loss than Alisson imo, and was only saying recently that Liverpool don't have a huge squad in terms of defenders - next in line would be Fabino if Gomez/Matip are injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I'd be happy to hold Robbo for now. He's showing attacking threat and with SHU at home next, who have 1 goal from 3 games. Reassess after that.

Edit: looks like he might be injured. Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

From Twitter... Luke Shaw has played every minute in the league this year, and has 0 FPL points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Shedite27 wrote: »
    From Twitter... Luke Shaw has played every minute in the league this year, and has 0 FPL points

He has

In his 4 game weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'd be happy to hold Robbo for now. He's showing attacking threat and with SHU at home next, who have 1 goal from 3 games. Reassess after that.

I am going rogue. Keeping TAA for SHU, but downgrading him completely to Targett after that (3M difference), so I can upgrade one of my cheap midfielders significantly.

Have already brought in Dias for this week as my FT, but the way the season has panned out so far, premium defenders aren't worth the expense. Switching to cheap guaranteed starters instead (aside from Dias).

Contemplating on taking a -4 hit at the end of next gameweek by going Targett and Son in for TAA and Bissouma/Podence. Thoughts? Already 100 points behind the leaders in my league with the wildcard played (dreadful I know). Defence would be KWP/Dias/Targett/C.Taylor/Mitchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I am going rogue. Keeping TAA for SHU, but downgrading him completely to Targett after that (3M difference), so I can upgrade one of my cheap midfielders significantly.

Have already brought in Dias for this week as my FT, but the way the season has panned out so far, premium defenders aren't worth the expense. Switching to cheap guaranteed starters instead (aside from Dias).

Contemplating on taking a -4 hit at the end of next gameweek by going Targett and Son in for TAA and Bissouma/Podence. Thoughts? Already 100 points behind the leaders in my league with the wildcard played (dreadful I know). Defence would be KWP/Dias/Targett/C.Taylor/Mitchell.

Considering the exact same move, with possibly the funds going towards turning Maupay into Aguero (have some funds in the bank).

I had expected to keep TAA and Robbo for the season but VVD being out changes everything (as well as only 1 in 5 cleanies). No fluke that Robbo is outscoring TAA attacking-wise having watched the first few games, both tactically and form-wise he seems a better option, especially at a cheaper price.

Taregtt is one I had my eye on at the start of the season - Villa look like one of the few teams capable of a cleany and Targett actually has some attacking potential. Hasn't manifested this season, but his xA the last 2 seasons has been 0.13 and 0.16 which isn't too bad. Not sure if Konsa is worth the 0.1 extra - when you look at last season Targett outscores him for BPS and attacking returns. Then goes without saying but Mings and Cash are overpriced, so Targett looks the pick of the bunch if you don't have Emi.

Getting Son in at this point can in no way be questioned, the guy's on fire and is still very cheaply priced when you consider that he's hitting Salah/Sterling levels. So the move you are contemplating seems very much like a good one to make

I think Konsa is actually well worth the extra 0.1m, but I may be alone in that. He got 3bps in the opening game.

And in the BP system he has 99 vs Targett's 75.
    I can see that trend continuing. Targett may get 3/4 assists over the season. But equally I could see Konsa grab another 3/4 goals from set pieces.

Just giving a different view.

Is there any website that you can plug in your team's ID and see the price % gauge for each player?

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/ is great but just pain typing in each player you own to see what % they are at - especially when normally only concerned about or or two players and not the team as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think Konsa is actually well worth the extra 0.1m, but I may be alone in that. He got 3bps in the opening game.

And in the BP system he has 99 vs Targett's 75.
    I can see that trend continuing. Targett may get 3/4 assists over the season. But equally I could see Konsa grab another 3/4 goals from set pieces.

Just giving a different view.
    Konsa seems to be our number one target for set pieces. Which is so surprising given how physically imposing Mings is.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Konsa seems to be our number one target for set pieces. Which is so surprising given how physically imposing Mings is.

Watched all Villa's games this season and he looks very threatening. Annoyed now I went with PVA over him on WC. Might just reverse that move and go double Villa defence.

He has

In his 4 game weeks

In the last 2 weeks he's averaging the same as TAA so definitely value there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Watched all Villa's games this season and he looks very threatening. Annoyed now I went with PVA over him on WC. Might just reverse that move and go double Villa defence.
    Considering putting him in with Martinez also. The other thing with him is that he is so good. Very little chance of him being dropped either. Chap is destined to play for England.

Really looking forward to Johnstones 20 pointer today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Im thinking Aguero as a differential in the coming weeks. Will wait to see how Jimi plays tonight before pulling the trigger. Where do you guys think I can upgrade on what I have atm?

Martinez
    Robbo Saiss Chilwell Lamptey
    Salah (c) Zaha Son Havertz
    Jimi DCL

Nyland Podence Brewster Mitchell

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Shanee. wrote: »
    Im thinking Aguero as a differential in the coming weeks. Will wait to see how Jimi plays tonight before pulling the trigger. Where do you guys think I can upgrade on what I have atm?

Martinez
    Jimi DCL

Do you have any cash in the bank? I would be looking to upgrade podence to grealish/hamez and go 3 5 2 or else jimi to Kane. Aguero is an fpl monster and could score a hatrick any game but too many variables for me in terms of starts, individual and team form and general fitness. Kane is a cert for points right now so that’s where I would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Robbo injured? Do you think he’s in danger of missing next game? I don’t see him flagged on the fpl site.

Shanee. wrote: »

Martinez
    Jimi DCL

I too am thinking of going Aguero as a bit of a punt, although I could got for Werner instead. However as you don't have Kane i would be looking to get him in.
    joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Robbo injured? Do you think he’s in danger of missing next game? I don’t see him flagged on the fpl site.

That comment was mid game when he kicked Allen and pretended that he was the one fouled.

Yeah sorry, Ace explained there that it was mid-game. Probably should have kept my comment to the matchday thread. Apologies for that. It just happened as I was considering whether to keep him or not in General Chat.

Still going to hold him this GW and see how they do without VVD. Robbo has got attack returns in 3/5 games, so even with so few CS this season he might be worth hanging on to despite premium price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Do you have any cash in the bank? I would be looking to upgrade podence to grealish/hamez and go 3 5 2 or else jimi to Kane. Aguero is an fpl monster and could score a hatrick any game but too many variables for me in terms of starts, individual and team form and general fitness. Kane is a cert for points right now so that’s where I would go.

3.2 ITB so can upgrade to Kane just not sure about doubling up on Spurs assets. But hes bang in form so that could be the route i take

Advertisement