Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shanee. wrote: »
    3.2 ITB so can upgrade to Kane just not sure about doubling up on Spurs assets. But hes bang in form so that could be the route i take

Kane and Son have 118 points between them this season - and we've only had 5 GW's. No need to worry about doubling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Kilman starting for wolves again 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Ros1234

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Is there any website that you can plug in your team's ID and see the price % gauge for each player?

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/ is great but just pain typing in each player you own to see what % they are at - especially when normally only concerned about or or two players and not the team as a whole.

Fantasyfootballfix.com is very good, you can load your team by either your team ID or email n password, they do a 5 fixture look ahead too all free.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Is there any website that you can plug in your team's ID and see the price % gauge for each player?

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/ is great but just pain typing in each player you own to see what % they are at - especially when normally only concerned about or or two players and not the team as a whole.

There was one I used, it also had an app, I think it was called fix. (Yeah, it’s the one in the above post)

I found their rise/fall predictions be very very poor. I suppose it gives you a quick visual on who to look at but you’ll be heading straight over to FPL statistics to conform if it’s true or not.

I deleted it in no time because it was a horrible app.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Yeah sorry, Ace explained there that it was mid-game. Probably should have kept my comment to the matchday thread. Apologies for that. It just happened as I was considering whether to keep him or not in General Chat.

Still going to hold him this GW and see how they do without VVD. Robbo has got attack returns in 3/5 games, so even with so few CS this season he might be worth hanging on to despite premium price.

No worries I’m just glad he’s ok. I fancy some returns against Sheffield. If he keeps up this form I think he’ll be fine to hold. Before the season I was all about the Liverpool defence double up as I thought they had potential for up to 20 clean sheets but now I think that could be as low as 10-12 range.
    But 10+ clean sheets and 10+ attacking returns with bonus he’s value for money.
    Although is van dyke the left sided centre half? If so maybe a lot of robbos freedom to roam forward was due to that and could be reduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There was one I used, it also had an app, I think it was called fix. (Yeah, it’s the one in the above post)

I found their rise/fall predictions be very very poor. I suppose it gives you a quick visual on who to look at but you’ll be heading straight over to FPL statistics to conform if it’s true or not.

I deleted it in no time because it was a horrible app.
    I like it for the live in-week scores, but yeah their predictions are way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

My current team

Martinez

Robertson
    Chillwell
    Saiss

Salah
    Son
    Rodriquez
    Potence

Kane
    Calvin Leyin
    Werner

Bench is fodder

How can this be improved upon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Podence to Barkley if you have the .3

Don’t like what I seen from Liverpool in Europe. At all.

Will be selling TAA and Robertson straight after the Sheffield United game I think.

I’d rather have 2 x 4.5m defenders and use the 5.5m saved elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Will be selling TAA and Robertson straight after the Sheffield United game I think.

I wouldn’t read too much into it tbh.

Away to the 2nd seed in their group, playing without both starting CBs, their captain and their most creative midfielder. All they were interested in was the result.

Take out FF implications, and it was a solid away European performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Robertson looked very attacking again though, I've no intention of selling him any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AS someone who watched none of the game, a 1-0 with the goal coming from an OG would likely have been 9 and 8 points for our double pool clean sheet.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    AS someone who watched none of the game, a 1-0 with the goal coming from an OG would likely have been 9 and 8 points for our double pool clean sheet.

Having watched the game I’m very very concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

We are going to see a balancing off now I think. Way too many players throwing up numbers they are not going to maintain & some underperforming for now.

Similarly I can see Werner starting to kickstart.

Trent will come into his own soon with more games

Sheff U, West Ham & Leicester all at home in next 4. You have to be holding for those games

No problem for their next match but I’d be afraid of Antonio and then Vardy.

Edit - and City obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

No need to be

Last night team won't be seen again any time soon

Alisson is suppose back next week , Matip ,Hendo , Thaigo , Keita all suppose to be available to start the weekend ,

Plus with Matip back Fabhino can also move in to midfield ,

No need to be

Last night team won't be seen again any time soon

Alisson is suppose back next week , Matip ,Hendo , Thaigo , Keita all suppose to be available to start the weekend ,

Plus with Matip back Fabhino can also move in to midfield ,

Fair play on the confidence but I don’t share it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Robbi is a definite hold for me - even if cleanies are scarce he's getting wo far forward, been like this since lockdown, he must have attacking returns in about 60% of matches in that period. Even if he was a midfielder he'd prob be worth keeping with these returns.

TAA is another matter. Def an argument that dounle pool defence is excessive with VVD out. Even if he's your only one he's just not getting quite as far forward as Robbo and generally not playing that well.

He's of course a hold home to SHU. Will have to see how other offensive players are performing and if a high priced asset i don't own looks like a must have, but taking 3.5 out of defence and pumping it into midfield or attack will likely be my move soon enough unless TAA makes that an impossible decision for me.

I've currently no City players and surely it's only a matter of time before they really start scoring goals again - TAA will likely fund this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

That's a fck for me on so many levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Ancelotti says James Rodriguez trained today and could be fit for Southampton.

From Paul Joyce on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Shanee. wrote: »
    Ancelotti says James Rodriguez trained today and could be fit for Southampton.

From Paul Joyce on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1319618098320867328

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

now that's just messing with fantasy football teams throughout the world !!

Seriously though ... the mind games !!

Thankfully I didn't transfer out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I'm keeping Hamez in my starting lineup. Even if he doesn't start and just comes on for 20 minutes or so, there's a better chance of him getting more points with an assist/goal than Bissouma or KWP imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Play one of Ayling, Justin or Mitchell.........on Ayling at the moment just becuase he plays tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭hawaii501

One question always annoyed me with pirce changes. How come you don't get the 'market value' for the player?

For example I had vardy last season when he rose up to 9.8 or so from 9.2. Kept him for so long as I couldn't risk letting him go and not affording to buy him back as I was only offered to sell for 9.3? Obviously he went on a 10 game no goal streak all because of the price I kept him :)

Even now my team is 'worth' 102.3 but can't sell for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

hawaii501 wrote: »
    One question always annoyed me with pirce changes. How come you don't get the 'market value' for the player?

For example I had vardy last season when he rose up to 9.8 or so from 9.2. Kept him for so long as I couldn't risk letting him go and not affording to buy him back as I was only offered to sell for 9.3? Obviously he went on a 10 game no goal streak all because of the price I kept him :)

Even now my team is 'worth' 102.3 but can't sell for this.

To prevent the game becoming a team value game I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Rodriquez and Werner or

Fernandes and bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭hawaii501

dsmythy wrote: »
    To prevent the game becoming a team value game I'd imagine.

Yeah probably, I never thought of it like that.
    It just cost me winning the money league last season because of my stubbornness of getting 'value' :)

• Advertisement

Just noticed my outfield players come from 4 teams -

3 x Liverpool
    3 x Wolves
    3 x Brighton
    2 x Spurs

Wonder is that why I’m doing shíte.

Advertisement