Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So you’re asking me - if the train leaves the station at 12.15 ........

Edit - what have I told you about being contrary ?

I actually don't get what you mean - how am i being contrary? and i don't know if know if your been serious or not.

Like CSF, after the Dier many posters said i was talking crap that it was never a penalty etc, and here we are you've posted an update on the rules, and they state that the Dier incident would still be a penalty. So are we still talking crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think the Dier penalty was correct since his hand was up making his body bigger to block the ball going towards the goal. It still was an unnatural position for his arm even if he wasn't looking at the ball so I think they are right to point out it was the correct decision. The Ward penalty was different since his hands were by his sides. Can't remember the other penalty decisions but wont be selling any penalty takers if I can avoid it this season.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I actually don't get what you mean - how am i being contrary? and i don't know if know if your been serious or not.

Like CSF, after the Dier many posters said i was talking crap that it was never a penalty etc, and here we are you've posted an update on the rules, and they state that the Dier incident would still be a penalty. So are we still talking crap?

Ha. I’m rarely serious.

My take on your post to me was that you were asking me to do simple maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

Ha. I’m rarely serious.

Those 'train leaves the station' questions were rock hard......right?.....right?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

It's like Klopp vs Keane all over again :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's like Klopp vs Keane all over again :P

‘Did you read the entire post Klopparama? I was actually praising you. You need to read the full post’

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Only 6 of the 20 penalties have been for handball, and the Dier one would still be a penalty, so how many of the 6 would not be given under the new interpretation?

The ones that I understand would not be penalties:
    Ward V Everton
    Lindelof V Palace
    Doherty V Southampton

The ones that should still be penalties
    Koch V Liverpool
    Dier V Newcastle
    Maupay V United

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The ones that I understand would not be penalties:
    Ward V Everton
    Lindelof V Palace
    Doherty V Southampton

The ones that should still be penalties
    Koch V Liverpool
    Dier V Newcastle
    Maupay V United

The Kock one being very harsh - in that the shot hit his knee and then went onto him arm - wasn't even a direct hit to the arm.

So 3 penalties out of 20 shouldn't have happened. With the amount of media attention you'd think it was 75%+ of penalties that there was a issue with.

But that would just leave them with the football to talk about.

They don’t like doing that.

I can’t remember a time when they wanted to talk about the game and not the **** around it. They just keep finding something new. It was referees there for the longest time ever.

I think in the mid 90’s they used to talk about and analyse the game. Maybe that was the last time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don’t like seeing KDB playing tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Don’t like seeing KDB playing tonight

Taken off after 60ish mins, once game was well and truly over as a competition.

Why are managers not taking care of players ? Is it the pressure from above or selfishness ?

Guardiola recently said - “It is not just Manchester City”. “It is all the clubs and countries. I said many times, nobody cares for the players.”

And also - “ We had three players come back from the national team injured. We cannot control this.

“They let them play two games in three or four days without preparation, but (players) are not machines.”

So why did he start KDB, Sterling and so many other first team players in an absolute nothing competition ?

If rest really is needed then I’m surprised the players are willing to play in such games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ha. I’m rarely serious.

That was his first mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Why are managers not taking care of players ? Is it the pressure from above or selfishness ?

Guardiola recently said - “It is not just Manchester City”. “It is all the clubs and countries. I said many times, nobody cares for the players.”

And also - “ We had three players come back from the national team injured. We cannot control this.

“They let them play two games in three or four days without preparation, but (players) are not machines.”

So why did he start KDB, Sterling and so many other first team players in an absolute nothing competition ?

If rest really is needed then I’m surprised the players are willing to play in such games.

The excuse United had for losing to Palace was that they’d no preseason. Similar was said about City after Leicester. Maybe this is just trying to get them up to speed

Green&Red wrote: »
    The excuse United had for losing to Palace was that they’d no preseason. Similar was said about City after Leicester. Maybe this is just trying to get them up to speed

Ah right. Who said that about City ?

Someone who didn’t see them play the previous week against Wolves ? Poppycock.

So Guardiola will be delighted with the upcoming internationals. A good opportunity for the players to get some minutes into their legs.

They’ll all come back match-fit and sharp as.

One thing I noticed in the City v Leicester game.

City were 1-2 down and Mahrez had the ball just outside the box. It was a good move to get there and instead of sliding a pass to the central and unmarked Foden, who would have surely had a simple finish, he went for the Hollywood finish.

My first thought was he’ll get dropped for that. I know he played the rest of the game and Foden got subbed but that may have been part of his punishment.

Mahrez has had back-to-back 90 minutes. Foden played 60 and was then rested tonight.

I think it looks good for Foden to start against Leeds. A game you’d expect the City front 3 to clean up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If City v Leeds doesn't end up with a stupid score line like 7-3 I'll be very disappointed

Ah right. Who said that about City ?

So Guardiola will be delighted with the upcoming internationals. A good opportunity for the players to get some minutes into their legs.

They’ll all come back match-fit and sharp as.

Doubt he will as teams prepare for the week ahead and don't get that chance when players are playing internationals up to Wednesday maybe not returning till. Thursday Friday some times.

So it disrupts the whole routine.

You shouldn't worry I'm sure the highly paid fitness people at the clubs probably know what they are at

Doubt he will as teams prepare for the week ahead and don't get that chance when players are playing internationals up to Wednesday maybe not returning till. Thursday Friday some times.

So it disrupts the whole routine.

You shouldn't worry I'm sure the highly paid fitness people at the clubs probably know what they are at

I’m not worried. I ultimately couldn’t care less.

Just can’t be listening to the hypocrisy.

All managers and ‘football’ people are the same. Always crying. Always looking to divert attention when they’re struggling but happy to lap up the praise when they’re doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Poppycock?

Just had vision of you sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon wearing a tweed jacket and sipping sherry while reading the match day thread. "bah, damn this infernal PEP-roulette! He has besmirched my starting team once again, my subs bench is bereft of any suitable replacements"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Poppycock?

Just had vision of you sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon wearing a tweed jacket and sipping sherry while reading the match day thread. "bah, damn this infernal PEP-roulette! He has besmirched my starting team once again, my subs bench is bereft of any suitable replacements"

I do like a nice port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

When son comes back which is the better combo long-term

Son and Maupay

Or

Vardy and Potence

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    When son comes back which is the better combo long-term

Son and Maupay

Or

Vardy and Potence

When Son comes back, Bale could be fit - Bale could be better shout

But based on the two you've suggested - i would go for A, on the basis that Son is very lively and gets goals, and Maupay is playing for a very good Brigton team who create chances.

Vardy has 5 goals this season but 4 are from penalties and it think he's only had 5 shots total (including the penalties) this season.

Cavani to join United :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Is anyone on here getting captain hauls?
    I went with Auba gw 1 & 2 for 5 and 7 (could of been worse) then KDB for gws 3 & 4 with two 2 pointers!
    I’m happy with my general picking of players but really want to start getting the captain choices right. Every second gw would be nice, even 1 in 3 but 16 points in 4 gws is disappointing

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I went with Auba gw 1 & 2 for 5 and 7 (could of been worse) then KDB for gws 3 & 4 with two 2 pointers!
    I’m happy with my general picking of players but really want to start getting the captain choices right. Every second gw would be nice, even 1 in 3 but 16 points in 4 gws is disappointing

No,

GW1: Kane 2
    GW2: PEA 5
    GW3: Son 1
    GW4: Salah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

joeyboy11 wrote: »

GW1: Salah 40
    GW2: Vardy 4
    GW3: Werner 4
    GW4: KdB 4

I think it's time to choose a set and forget captain for 4-6 weeks minimum. The thing is Vardy got a 13 and 17 in the weeks I didn't captain him. KdB got a 13 in GW2. And Werner got a 5 in GW1.

So this chopping and changing clearly isn't the strategy. Instead of picking a popular captain each week or the form player or someone who is playing a presumably poor defence aka Werner v WBA. Probably better just captaining Salah for the next 3 GWs at least.

I think it's time to choose a set and forget captain for 4-6 weeks minimum. The thing is Vardy got a 13 and 17 in the weeks I didn't captain him. KdB got a 13 in GW2. And Werner got a 5 in GW1.

So this chopping and changing clearly isn't the strategy. Instead of picking a popular captain each week or the form player or someone who is playing a presumably poor defence aka Werner v WBA. Probably better just captaining Salah for the next 3 GWs at least.

I’m trying the set and forget strategy on KDB at the moment. It’s difficult to hold your nerve after two blanks. Arsenal next and I’m not fond of that fixture. If Liverpool are looking solid in defence I might try it on Trent (Don’t own Salah) for 3 weeks until they play city...

• Advertisement

I’m trying the set and forget strategy on KDB at the moment. It’s difficult to hold your nerve after two blanks. Arsenal next and I’m not fond of that fixture. If Liverpool are looking solid in defence I might try it on Trent for 3 weeks until they play city...

Advertisement