Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gestappo

fionnr01 wrote: »
    Any idea when we will be contacted re etray? Your predictions have been pretty spot on so far!!

Im guessing they’ve been working away in the background getting this stage ready and it’ll be max 2 weeks for the the first batch, (if they’re doing etrays in batches) to be called.

This is basing it on their own timeline to have the first batch in situ for mid November. I could be way off though! Time is tight as background checks, reference checks, education checks etc all have to happen after interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Not sure if anyone has re-posted this or not.
    Looks like e-Tray not a given. They'll be in touch with next steps at appropriate time.

Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OliverAngler

Looks like e-Tray not a given. They'll be in touch with next steps at appropriate time.

Best of luck to everyone

it said e tray was stage 2 in other stuff sent to inbox in public jobs about the stage 1 tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭furrybones

Early 70's for Offaly, but not holding out much hope of being offered an EO position considering a friend who is early teens in the current panel wasn't offered anything. Luckily I'm happy enough in my current CO position.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Best of luck to everyone

E-tray is the best tool to whittle down the large OOM numbers, I'm fairly sure they'll use it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

gestappo wrote: »
    E-tray is the best tool to whittle down the large OOM numbers, I'm fairly sure they'll use it this year.
    I just got a message on public jobs, heart stopped as thought it was e-tray invite but its results from Fri..that i got in email rather than on Public jobs. for one county..
    Hopefully you are roght, id love a stab at e-tray to try improve my oom...
    I really think there will be way more CS jobs in general this yr what with covid affecting alot of departments, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

Hi all, i placed 300 oom Dublin interdepartmental, i am just wondering about the last bit of message they sent me

An invitation to attend any part of the selection process is not to be taken as implying that the Public Appointments Service is satisfied that such a person fulfils the eligibility of the post.

Anyone else got that??

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

MonikaB wrote: »
    Hi all, i placed 300 oom Dublin interdepartmental, i am just wondering about the last bit of message they sent me

An invitation to attend any part of the selection process is not to be taken as implying that the Public Appointments Service is satisfied that such a person fulfils the eligibility of the post.

Anyone else got that??

Everyone. Its just a standard disclaimer.

Everyone. Its just a standard disclaimer.

Thank you.
    So obviously next steps are now etray and interviews, if it gets to that step

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

MonikaB wrote: »
    Thank you.
    So obviously next steps are now etray and interviews, if it gets to that step

Yup theres a bit to go yet for everybody still in the pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

No. You turn an offer down, you’re removed completely from the panel.

ETA: I’ve mentioned this a good few times throughout this post; you’re just a number who’ll be allocated to the next vacancy. They do not take in any previous experience, address etc into account.

Not quiet true. Depending on who you talk to you can delay things.
    I got offered AGS but with an 8 week wait for extra clearance they gave me another position which had come in.
    There is also a 40/45km limit on your home to work distance

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dramaqueeny

That was a hard test can't believe I go 11 in Tipp

Has anyone a link for etray examples? Is there definitely an etray?
    Is it worth it pay wise if your near the top end of CO scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Do results of etray get added to your current placing to form a new OOM?

Or is an entirely new OOM formed solely on the basis of your etray results?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

That was a hard test can't believe I go 11 in Tipp

Has anyone a link for etray examples? Is there definitely an etray?
    Is it worth it pay wise if your near the top end of CO scale?

If you're already in Civil Service, you'll go on to the nearest point + 1 so if you are currently on €38612 (you didn't specify if you had reached LSI) then your starting salary as EO would be €40854. Forsa.ie have the updated pay scales (factoring in the 2% FEMPI from October 1st)

I really don't know what to expect, or if even to expect to be invited to the next stage
    Anyone with more experience on the panels?
    Placed 300 OOM Dublin interdepartmental
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dramaqueeny

Thanks a mill Always Number 1, that's not worth the jump for the extra responsibility and possible parking/travelling costs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

How long do you have to be in the cs before you can apply for internal jobs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

How long do you have to be in the cs before you can apply for internal jobs ?

Within your department, its usually when you pass probation. But it can differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

redmgar wrote: »
    Within your department, its usually when you pass probation. But it can differ.

How about interdepartmental stuff, like the internal stream for this competition ?

How about interdepartmental stuff, like the internal stream for this competition ?

2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 SayraBrady

2 years

How does it work with the Interdepartmental v the open one? For instance I'm 79 in open and 25 Interdepartmental in Meath, I'm not sure how that works with etray etc..

SayraBrady wrote: »
    How does it work with the Interdepartmental v the open one? For instance I'm 79 in open and 25 Interdepartmental in Meath, I'm not sure how that works with etray etc..

You'll sit the e-tray like you sat the previous assessments. I don't understand your question really?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SayraBrady

You'll sit the e-tray like you sat the previous assessments. I don't understand your question really?

Sorry - I wasn't very clear! Just wondering how it works in respect of the order you would be offered a job. For instance, if my oom remains the same after interview etc (providing I get that far of course), my open place is 79 but Interdepartmental is 25, how does that work? Hope I make sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

after stage 2 you'll have a new OOM.
    If you pass interview then your OOM placement after stage 2 will be your OOM in terms of getting a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I would expect a pretty good change in a lot of peoples OOM after the etray. Iv seen some very competent people get caught out by it.. Iv sat it once and did ok scoring around 60%

Definitely one to watch though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭StevenToast

cw67irl wrote: »
    I would expect a pretty good change in a lot of peoples OOM after the etray. Iv seen some very competent people get caught out by it.. Iv sat it once and did ok scoring around 60%

Is your previous testing added to the etray or is the new OOM completely decided based on the etray?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

cw67irl wrote: »

Is the e-tray so tough, you mean a lot of candidates will fail it. Have you any hints? Did you pass when you scored 60%. Will we get samples of what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Is your previous testing added to the etray or is the new OOM completely decided based on the etray?

Except for Stage 1a and 1b, each stage is separate.

The OOM after Stage 2 will based on the results of that stage. I don't know if Etray will be the only part of stage 2 but if is, it will be the results of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TommyBatatheon

hillbloom wrote: »
    Is the e-tray so tough, you mean a lot of candidates will fail it. Have you any hints? Did you pass when you scored 60%. Will we get samples of what to expect.

The etray isn't too bad, I've only done one and I did pretty well on it. It's basically a simulated work email inbox with various emails coming in with tasks for you to complete within a certain time limit. You'll have a few main tasks to complete and various smaller things that need your attention. Time management skills will be key, so keep an eye on the clock and make sure you hit the deadlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Sorry - I wasn't very clear! Just wondering how it works in respect of the order you would be offered a job. For instance, if my oom remains the same after interview etc (providing I get that far of course), my open place is 79 but Interdepartmental is 25, how does that work? Hope I make sense..
    SomeSayKos wrote: »
    after stage 2 you'll have a new OOM.
    If you pass interview then your OOM placement after stage 2 will be your OOM in terms of getting a position.

Just to add to SomeSayKos's comment above:

Open, Interdepartmental as well as internal vacancy are filled at different rates currently 40% Open : 30% Interdepartmental : 30% Internal.

If your OOM was to stay the same after Interview stage, you are more likely to get an offer via the Interdepartmental as its higher.

Advertisement