Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AFOL

Yeah... honestly, demand for the enyaq is so high... I don't think they care. Sales people in the dealerships don't care if you walk away etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Morbidly Abeast

Yep, it’s usually standard on new cars. It’s not service, as in maintaining the car periodically, more service in terms of that the dealer provides the “service” of receiving your car, registering it, prepping it etc. etc. A service package is extra on top! It’s **** that you weren’t told this straight away, and even worse that you weren’t properly informed what it was when you were talking to them about it after. I’d be annoyed too if I were you.

it’s usually standard, it probably even states on the website and in the brochure (likely in the smallest possible writing ) that the quotes do not include delivery and related charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

I was told about the delivery charge, but having a family member working for the dealer I expected that to be waived or something done on the price to compensate, but nothing no wiggle room at all and then just to get told about the service charge really p**sed me off today. When I questioned them it was a real we don't care about your business because the que is around the corner. It just seems to be a fee that makes little to no sense, my family member said they sell service plans for Evs for €13pm and she cant understand how the service fee on an ev is the same as a mechanical.

You get a set of tyres, a yearly inspection and IIRC a set of brake discs included within the first 3 years as part of the plan.

As part of what plan? The delivery and service “pack”?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Had a go of one, good fun from 30kph-100kph!

Yeah. The plan covers your first 3 years. It includes a yearly inspection, and a set of tyres and pads... for me, I would not go through a set of either in 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BundE34

Yes as said above service & delivery pack is compulsory and consists of a €750 delivery fee and a €1250 three year service plan. Heres a screen shot of what's included in the service plan. I had an argument with my dealer telling him I wouldnt go through a set of tyres and pads in three years. Our current seat Tarraco is 2.5 years old and it still has over 50% of thread on the front. I get an EV is heavier and will go through tyres faster, but I still don't think I'll require a set by the end of our three years and we definitely wont need pads as the brake regen n these means less conventional braking. I'll essentially be paying for new tyres and pads for the next owner. Probably worth getting the service package if you do big miles or plan on keeping the car after 3 years. But I don't think it should be compulsory, VW and Audi's service packs are optional. Id say dealers are afraid they're going to loss out on alot of revenue due to EV's needing less servicing, so they made the service pack compulsory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

I can remember not so long ago when the SIMI were whinging to the government to reduce/eliminate the VRT on cars. They said it would be difficult for consumers to afford to buy good decent cars with additional levies by the government. Of course, you dont see the SIMI recommending to its members to reduce their charges for the cars.

These shower go cap in hand to the government to save the industry when times are bad, and when times are good, they flip the bird to the consumer

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

Skoda UK have taken the '60' option of their website. Only a matter if time before they do the same here now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Anyone get thier enyaq yet . For update from dealer that they don't know when could be July/Sept now . As factory has stopped .

My guy told me he might be able to give me an update in May... I was originally build week 10. I hope he says September because I will cancel and ask for my deposit back... as I am hopefully picking up a Tesla Model 3 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

why not cancel as soon as you get the tesla?

they've almost gone past when delivery would be if it had of been build week 10.

I am not sure if I am entitled to my deposit back if I cancel... But if they tell me it is going to be delayed even further I was told I can cancel and get my deposit back.

Either way they will sell the car when it arrives so rhey should refund me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

They definitely will, what's the spec and the dealer? For purely unselfish reasons🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Saw this over in another Skoda forum.. not looking good for 60s....

And for anyone who has weathered the semi conductor shortage, then the wiring harness shortage, then waited it out while your car sat in Emden for a few weeks waiting to be shipped, I reckon the trucker strike next week is going to cause another choke point. It’s starting to feel like the universe trying to tell us something!

The latest chat on UK forums is that no new builds will be started until July. They are working through old builds that had sat in storage.

Also some reports that sportlines will not be built initially and that they are concentrating on 3 "set" builds with no options etc..

I saw that this was told to a customer in Portugal.

Is it juts me that thinks the dealers are been told absolutely nothing and are juts making up different excuses to buy some time? I was told I'd have an update 3 wks ago and I still haven't heard a thing.

Pilsen? I was also told 3-4 weeks they would "know more on delays"

• Advertisement

MSL for me. Total silence, although if they don't know if rather they said that instead of some rumoured excused sourced from another dealer/forum or wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 royalblue61

MSL for me too. Not a word from them. Long time Skoda buyer but really regretting not going for the EV6 now. Agreed a price for one for January delivery the same week I looked at the Enyaq (first week in November). Went for the Enyaq for a couple of reasons but regretting it now.

My father bought an EV6 GT. got it in February and it is unbelievable. Think I'll hound msl again to scrounge a possible update!!!

The Portuguese site still has the 50, 80 and 80x listed.

The German site only has the 80 (no sportline)

The French site has the entire range Inc. The 50.

So basically I wouldn't be reading too much into what a forum may say on production stoppages as its all just guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Hey saw this “PU temperature Fail” message and charging of my Enyaq stopped after 1 minute on high power 150kW ESB charger today (Circle K, Lynn Road, Mullingar) That likely an issue with charger or car? No messages from car itself which leads me to believe it’s an issue with charger itself?🤞🤞. My car is an early Enyaq but with the 125kWh charging support upgrade.

(sorry for sideways pic, Boards has a mind of its own when attaching photos)

Mine’s finally on the boat! Dealer says we should have it by the end of next week. Hopefully some of you who are waiting will be getting theirs next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Are there any companies folks would recommend for insuring an EV? Generally are they cheaper or more expensive to insure than an ICE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Liam2021

I have an id4 and id3 and Aviva were the cheapest €310

Advertisement