Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Taycan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

And as far as I can see ionity is tight for most same with the etron you have to be right up against it and to the side of a space

• Registered Users Posts: 65,047 ✭✭✭✭unkel

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Some moody shots of the car getting a Titanium Coating!

I've always put ceramic coatings on my cars, but decided to try a titanium coating this time around which has mild self healing qualities, be interesting to see how it holds up over time & compare to ceramic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭digiman

Colour looks amazing there, I wouldn't even say it is the same colour as your previous pic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Mind me asking where you get this done and roughly the prices?

Thinking of getting I4 this year and BMW offer BMW Protect X on delivery of car for €300.

I’ve always done everything myself on my A6 (snowfoam, two bucket wash, fallout and tar remover, collinite845 or C2V3) but have never polished it or Cermanic coated it. Considering getting a polisher and practicing on the 20 year old focus before getting rid of it for the I4!

I don’t trust a dealer to do a proper detailing job on the car before applying the ceramic coating to be honest, they are not professional detailers!

• Advertisement

I got it done in CS2 Detailing in Greenogue, Dublin. So far Marek in there has been a gent to deal with, but obviously can’t comment on the product yet - too early! I’ll PM you costs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

whatever you do, dont pay BMW anything for some young lad to wipe 25 quids worth of garbage over your new car, and charge you 300 for it.

id imagine a titanium coating like this is expensive, but worth it on a nice colour like that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dont get the BMW protect.

At best, its Autoglym Lifeshine.

The titanium linked above is a relatively new product in Ireland. It mimics PPF in that its a flexible layer applied to the car (Ceramic Coating is rigid). In theory this will allow small scuffs but then the should self heal under heat. Obviously wont stop damage etc

Be interesting to see how it holds up BF. The CS2 guys have been around a while ( The name Marek sounds familiar) so they should be good on the technical requirements on applying it.

CS II Ireland (cs2ireland.ie)

PS. How's the performance compared to the M3P?

• Advertisement

Don’t worry, no intention of getting it. I’d apply some carpro lite myself before wasting 300 on some young lad slapping the bmw stuff on!

But I’ll most likely get some professional detailer to apply a long lasting ceramic coating or that titanium stuff. Would certainly make my life a little easier with washes every two to three weeks of it. I get enough hassle from the wife already with time I spend on the A6! 😂

"PS. How's the performance compared to the M3P?"

Totally different proposition really. As a Drag racer the M3P is faster off the line and up to about 60kph, but the Taycan goes faster and has a lot more top end. The Taycan is far more of a sports car. The cornering and steering is far far better and the brakes are 100 times better. You can carry a lot more speed into corners without fear of understeering onto the other side of the road. Seating position in the taycan is lower and you sit in the car not on top of it. Taycan looks far far more impressive, its far more luxurious. Tech wise the taycan is fancier and has more features but its far more complex (I actually had to RTFM), and a lot of the features are optional. Taycan is very german feeling, weighty and sharp.....but way more comfortable than the model 3 in soft mode. M3P is hard sprung and crashy. Taycan quieter wind noise wise. Tesla has a lot more room for people and stuff but feels kinda utilitarian and unfocused cause of it. I am finding I am getting better range from the Tycan than the tesla

I do have to remind myself that the Taycan was more than twice the price of the M3P so it would want to be much better, but so far its earning its price tag and feels a lot more special. Its honeymoon time lets see what I think in 6 months. At half the price the Tesla is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

bf looks like your car in the video on CSII Facebook page, looks absolutely stunning.

https://m.facebook.com/CS2Ireland/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I hope you picked up some stuff in Reflects 50% carpro over the weekend!

I have far too many products already that I need to work through before I buy any more! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Are my correct in saying that the performance battery pack is only standard in the 4 cross turismo but an added extra in a 4s cross turismo ?

Do i really need it at €5400 !

All Taycan Cross Tourismo are performance batter as standard. Only not standard on the RWD and the 4s. Yes you want this option. More range and more power. From reading forums this is the option that people try to leave out but 100% of buyers end up getting

So this would leave the 4s about 13k more expensive than the standard 4 cross turismo

A big jump .

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

I see Porsche have introduced the Sport Turismo across the entire range now.

Yeah.....but the 4s is a good bit faster and more standard equipment. Unless you are going pure base spec the difference soon closes

An interesting model, I prefer it to the standard CT without the black cladding.

• Advertisement

i configured a 4 cross turismo to 113k so about 9k worth of extras which fairly covers a lot considering the performance battery is included in this model

but im having second thoughts that the 4 will be too slow`.

Now I know " slow " is perspective and i would like a 4s, but do any 4 owners find it wanting

The 4ct is not slow but it's not ev quick either. The 4s is imho just there, I have a 4s but would go turbo next time.

What is the approximate cost of running this car per week on the basis of charging at home every time its needed and covering 400kms a week .

The electric cost only.

Size of the battery x 1.10 (to allow for inefficiency in the charger) x the unit rate you pay for your electricity x no of times you will charge.

So if you have a 70KWH battery and a 25c electricity rate that you charge twice a week its:

70 x 1.1 x 25c x 2 = 38.50

Now most people charge on a night rate, i think my current night rate is 8.8c plus vat at 13.5 so 9.98 all in and for 400 km you are probably only charging 1.25 times on the taycan.

so that would mean for a 4s

79.2 x 1.1 x 9.98 x 1.25 = 10.80 per week give or take.

Feel free to amend the formula for your own workings 😁

Thank you very helpful.

I'm spending €120 a week on diesel !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

LOL (no disrespect) but charging cost conversation in a Taycan thread

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I still don't understand this performance battery pack.

If I have a 4s with 470/576 bhp on boost why do I need it ?

I accept there is an extra range of 50km or so.

Just working out the savings over 3 years and the charge cost was one of the factors in the equasion. Thxs .

• Advertisement

Only get 576bhp with performance battery its about 40 less with the standard battery...honestly gety the biggest battery you can, in for a penny and all that. 0-60 doesnt change much with weight increasing and the fact the taycan is geared. But 60-100 acceleration will suffer most and that more real world.

Not really working out running costs, but with 120 a week thats 480 a month on fuel, I would spend maybe 50 euro a month tops home charging on night rate so not an insignificant saving, however the taycan is not the most efficient EV out there, its designed as a sports car. If you not going to drive it as a sports car another EV would be a better choice. Also 120 euro tax and whatever accelerated depreciation of BIK you can pull.

Mostly you get a taycan cause its a Porsche and cause of the way it looks other considerations are man-amathics.

Advertisement