Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Taycan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Price rises basically cancel depreciation for a few years, the secondary market will continue to be strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭blingrhino

I heard nothing about a price increase or production delays yet so heres hoping - July delivery hopefully.

Configurator is down now, so suspect its being updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Out of interest did they call you in for the alarm fix?

• Advertisement

Revised pricing up on the configurator now. My spec has gone up by about €2k, so not a massive increase

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

From €94k now. Can't remember what it was before? Not an awful lot less I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

RWD was €92.7k

Had a nose through the PTS colours they added to the configurator, some really nice greens on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

One of my neighbours just got one. We're not really acquainted so I can't ask him if I can take it for a quick spin.

Another got an E-Tron.

Taycans are proving very popular anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They are beautiful machines. Other than the 911. It’s the only Porsche on my list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My neighbour just picked up a new RAV4 Hybrid, and her husband is getting a new duster in July. We must live on opposite sides of the Liffey 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's the only Porsche that is selling. At the lower end they are a bit of a bargain too compared to most of the other EVs out there. And actually obtainable within a reasonable time, another big bonus these days.

ITs selling very well alright but I have been talking to the sales guys and this year 3 992 GT3's gone out and a bunch of the Macans and Panamera. All Porsche's are selling very well. Lot of money slushing around Ireland and Porsche is our only top high end brand with a dealership. The less than half year so far in 22 is more than double of last year. 21 was over twice 20.

What the Taycan does do is show just how much tax there is on a 911....every other country the taycan and 911 are a similar price.

Any owners here booked in for the PCM update or know if Porsche Dublin have it available yet?

I see there has been another price increase here in Ireland, second in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Any idea what the rwd model has increased since January?

No word yet, not heard of anyone having it done in ireland, looking at the forums it seems to be a 2 day job. I am not having many issues with mine at the moment and the "if it aint broke" thing weighs strong on me.

Way back machine here - old

and current...so about 6k on a RWD

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Thanks fitz same on the cross turismo

Most recent (mid July) was 2% across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭blingrhino

An update on delivery on the Taycan - February order with a end June/early July delivery estimate.

Then we were end of July and now the latest is mid October due to a shortage of 12v batteries as that facility that manufacturers was burned down.

So not just BMW/VW having supply issues-but its torture !

Lots of cars pushed back, lot of the 222 deliveries. Dealer is very disappointed for their customers but out of their control is what I hear, but it will come and it will be worth it. Second hand stock is now non existent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BMW, VW, Kia, Audi, Hyundai to name but a few. They are all having supply issues.

Annoying but you’ll forget all the crap once you site in it 😎

Just don’t be like this pleb in his Taycan who pulled into an EV charging spot and didn’t even bother to charge, a$$hole.

First Irish GTS is ready for delivery.

I had the PCM update done yesterday when in to get a few niggles fixed. Have to say I’m a big fan, PCM a lot more responsive now & the automatic recuperation is way better now & not switching off every 2 minutes

Just curious, but does one have to have previous purchases with Porsche to get a GTS allocation for the Taycan?

I love that Crayon grey colour. Did it have the GTS interior?

I looked at getting a GTS and was told that they would only accept an order if you had a Taycan or 911 to trade in 😲 Yes, it had the GTS interior

booked in next week for this, looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about.

You would have to ask the dealer really. Do NOT get the GTS interior, its a hair and lint magnet, it smells funny and it makes the entire inside look like a snooker table. Alcantara is good but not that much. Crayon is an epic colour but the taycan is good in almost any colour. Crayon needs to be broken up with a sunroof....too much Crayon and the lines are lost.

It's nothing dramatic, just day to day better. Interface is a bit more user friendly, less buggy and less lag. Definitely a bit of improvement in range too

Isn’t the standard interior on the GTS the same? i.e. a sea of alcantara. From what I can see the ‘GTS Interior’ just adds a lot of contrast stitching, colour headrest logos, & colour seatbelts - or have I got that wrong?

Standard is the Racetex everywhere....a no cost option to put the single colour leather interior on, and 430 euro for a two tone leather interior. 3700 euro for the GTS Design interior with all the contrast stitching and the logos etc.

Its just all the alcantara I cannot stand. It doesnt wear well, gets hard on the contact points, it grabs hairs (I have dogs) and lint and a coffee spillage is a disaster. I sat in one in Belfast with the kids and they thought it was not nice at all, horrible. I also got a strong chemical smell from whatever they had on the alcantara that was terrible (was that a sealant or factory? I dont know). Its just too much.

Alcantara had gotten know as the "racing" material. But its only used in racing for grip against racing gloves, leather is a better grip against skin. It doesnt react well to the oils on skin and I have seen a 10k km, Ractex steering wheel in the launch Taycan that was in bits, dealer said he will have to replace it. The Center console and the door armrest get a hammering, along with the little center bit below the main screen where you rest your hands to pick at the screen, you want that in a hard wearing material.

Just My 2c its a premium interior far ahead of anything else no matter how you go, but my choice would not be all that alcantara its not as premium as the leather, and Porsche leather is famous for wearing really well over the years. But I am a total leather whore. Mine still smells strongly of new leather after 9k km.

• Advertisement

^^^had an alcantara steering wheel on a Merc a few years ago, quite a sight to clean one with a white cloth every few thousand km’s alright. I can still feel how sticky it used to get just through everyday use!

Advertisement