Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Taycan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

That can't be right. 400kms for €120 of diesel? That's almost 20l/100km or 15mpg.

Regardless, EV running costs are insignificant in terms of home charging, usually 2c/km. Depreciation, finance costs & even tyres cost more than home charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Sorry should have clarified - i have two cars but intend to use the porsche 400- 500km per week.

Can anyone recommend the Best home charger.

Any idea how long these take once ordered.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

The car will come with a wall mounted charger for 7kw (it doubles up as a granny charger also) so just get a 240 volt industrial socket put in and you can connect to that. Otherwise all the charging boxes are much of a muchness, some have fancy features like bluetooth and wifi, but the car will handle charging if you supply it with any power from any source.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭digiman

Out of interest what kind of finance rates do Porsche offer? Do they do PCP?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Unless you take something they have ordered for stock, you’d be looking at 2023 for delivery more than likely now

• Advertisement

They do but rates are shocking - 7.9% for pcp and HP. Here’s a representative example I got:

3 year PCP option with 30% cash deposit:

Vehicle Price                                  € 99,860

Cash deposit                               € 29,900

€ 991 per month

GMFV: € 48,800.71

Option 2.

2 year PCP option with 30% cash deposit:

Vehicle Price                                  € 99,860

Cash deposit                               € 29,900

€ 972 per month

GMFV: € 57,061.05

average age of Taycan buyer in China is 30. Average age of Porsche buyer in China is 35.

Taycan is selling in same volume as the 911 now.

The Taycan is selling so well I can see them bringing out a little brother in the way the Macan is a little brother to the Cayenne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭digiman

Jeez, 7.9% is taking the piss really!! Taking one out on 2 years might be a decent way to do it.

Macan is next that been spied in testing. But then the Boxster and Cayman are on the cards after that. Now an EV boxster is something I can really get behind and I will defo preorder that, would be amazing. CarWow did a vid on it with some renders of what if might look like, and I drooled all over my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,048 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mid engine rear drive small sportscar is the ultimate driving setup. Then made by Porsche. Then EV with all that instant torque and even lower centre of gravity. It is going to be spectacular.

• Advertisement

A short wheel base 2 door Taycan would "outperform" a 911 on nearly all important metrics.

Porsche have a marketing problem because the 911 defines the brand in the Western World.

Yes thats an issue, but they might go lightweight and small battery lower power for that "lotus" style experiance.

Nothing stopping them from evolving the 911 into electric drive. I can't imagine it will even cause anywhere near as much fury among the die hard fans as it was going from air to water cooling 😁

Deadly.....throw up the link to the spec. Its a torture of a wait but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Jealous. Saw this colour in real life. It’s really nice.

Nice love the cherry metallic, and think thats a classy spec. Wheels excellent....few things

I would recommend loose the following

• Door handles painted in black (high-gloss)  - ruins the flow of the side, only works on light colours and even then not really. Can wrap them for 100 euro later if you want.
    • Model designation on doors in black - its a sticker, its naff
    • LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) - comes with LED as standard and they are mighty, do you really need the PDLS plus? expensive option.
    • Privacy glass - expensive tint, I dont like the look, darkens the interior which is already dark, 300 euro will get it done aftermarket in 2 hours.
    • Bordeaux Red seat belts - seems like it would match the outside, but they get dirty looking and are a bit try hard. Not nice except on a 911.

Maybe add the following:

• 14-way power seats - they are nice and a lot more adjustable, comes with memory package also - could leave this out to save money.
    • Tyre sealing compound and electric air compressor - essential.
    • ParkAssist including Surround View - this is essential, its a hard car to park hard to judge the spoilers on the front and rear without it.
    • Homelink - cheap option and really handy. - leave out if saving dosh.
    • 4+1 seats....if you are going all practical with the Cross Tourismo might as well get the seatbelt for an emergency 5th passanger.
    • Seat heating - essential.
    • Heated steering wheel for GT - essential and cheap
    • Accent package Neodyne - will really lift the interior.Not as gold as you think and would match the outside really nicely. You get a ton of trim with this for 500 euro. Its excellent.
    • Passanger Display - people want this, its cool, fills the interior - if saving money leave it off.
    • 22kW on-board AC charger - consider this, means a full charge off a 22kw in 4 hours. Handy for hotels, train station chargers and all the ESB onstreet 22kw, makes its actuall useful to plug in. Expensive however.

Just my 2 cents brings you to 120k as near as makes no difference there, so easy spend you money 😁, I know the configurator off by heart at this stage and easy get carried away, but seems you are going for the GT cruiser config so get the comfort and charging options if you can. Oh the excitement and fun of configurating your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

Compared it with my config spec if I went ahead and below Is what I think you should consider including:

• 22kW on board charger
    • Parkassist with surround view
    • Comfort access
    • Adaptive Cruise control

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Great colour, awesome looking car, I just love the turismo variant. Congrats.

• Advertisement

Thanks some very helpful comments there.

How much approx is the 22kw charger.

You are probably right about the led lights so might consider dumping them.have them on an audi and they are brilliant.

I think the passenger display is a bit gimmicky but does look cool.

I am considering the accent interior package.

I presumed front seat heating was standard??

I just like the look of the Individual rear seats .

Parkassist I will consider.

As you well know ,another 20 or 30k on options is easy to tick !

The seats stay individual with the 4+1 it just adds a seatbelt in the middle and also gives the rear seats a 40:60 fold down split. Very handy.

Passenger display is a gimmick, but everyone getting into the car notices it. Its handy for passenger putting in destinations, but really its aesthetic.

Never assume anything is standard. I would count the number of included wheels. Heating is an optional extra....not on a yaris but on a 100k porsche.

22kw charger is 1500 euro approx nice to have but not essential. You can still charge at 11kw on all those chargers.

YEah adaptive cruise is one to consider, I didnt go for it cause I never use it, dont like the feeling and the car has dumb cruise control as standard.But some people consider that a red line feature.

The standard LED lights are fantastic

Adaptive cruise an optional extra on a €100k car is preposterous. It was standard on the last car I bought new 5 years ago (€25k)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,619 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yeah I wouldnt consider it without adaptive cruise, mad that it;s an option!

Similar for 22kW AC or 150kW DC charging "options".

Look there is only one option...expensive taycan or a more expensive taycan. You choose what you want and what you dont it's the most configurable car Porsche make. Personally I am happy to leave out adaptive cruise I hate that feature and spend the money on comfort and driver options but the choice is yours. The MSRP is total fiction.

It's the same for any Porsche (or indeed any of the German OEMS), has been for decades.

You pick whatever options you want yourself. One could argue that it's a better model of paying, as instead of adding to everyone's MSRP for features thatyou may or may not want, you get a super cheap MSRP (ie a 316i with windy windows and steelies) and you pick and choose.

For me the major non negotiables would be(on a 4S):

Performance Battery

Mission E Wheels

22kW AC + 150kW DC "options"

4+1 seating

Full driver assist pack with LKAS and adaptive cruise

Very easy to add 30k+ of options on a German premium car.

ELM is agree. But I am strange...the mission e wheels I don't like at all. And you have to have the PSCB or ceramics with them so it's a 7k option. 22kw I could live without really but got it just for future proofing and the 150 booster won't come into its own until Tesla open the superchargers. I usually look at the launch cars...that's what Porsche think are the most impressive options and combinations....rear wheel steer is super option as is torque vectoring ....PDCC is not that useful on a taycan with low center of gravity. Carbon on a 2400kg car is silly, the bodykits all look the same, double glazing ruins phone reception and eflow tags, burmeister is excellent but so expensive, electric charge ports stop stones gathering in the side vents and look cool. It's all pros and cons

I think each owner decides what their priorities are and spec accordingly. Still folding mirrors should be standard 😅

Lane keep is standard, have it on mine without adaptive cruise, it's super annoying and I turned it off.

This is why I'd never buy an ex demo porsche, you need to pick what matters to you!

• Advertisement

I think the GTS is definitely the one to get - although I’ve heard you can’t get an allocation in Ireland unless you are an existing Porsche customer! I spent countless hours/days configuring mine. At one stage the options list was over €20k before I saw sense.

The reality is whether it’s a Porsche or other brand you’ll never see the options back in resale value. For me the essential options would be:

• upgrade alloys, standard ones are horrendous;
    • panoramic roof;
    • folding mirrors (it’s a wide car!);
    • reverse camera - bizarrely an option but a no cost one

Aside from a few other personalisation options, I also went with the 4&1 seats and 22kw charger - but these options would depend on your lifestyle more than anything else.

Advertisement