Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porsche Taycan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭bf

Fully agree, but when demand is greater than supply, seller holds the cards. See what Tesla have done in the last few years since the launch of the Model 3, take your car or go to back of the queue again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Yes it is. Its a relationship and it has to work for both the buyer and the seller. If the buyer is playing the paddy numberplate envy thing and it effects the dealers allocation the following year, I can understand why they would preference buyers willing to play ball. Build slots are hard to get, and some specs are more worth the dealers time than others. With all the 221,222,231,232....its all a bunch of 2's and I for one have to think about when the car was registered far longer than I would be bothered.

Post edited by Fitz II on

Software done today. Its a big update. Nothing too major on the front end, certainly snappier and the new coloured icons are nice enough. New android auto wireless which is nice for use non apple people. Porsche Center dublin were their usual gentlemanly and professional selves, that showroom makes me want new cars so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

How long before a used Taycan or Etron GT reaches 50 grand?

10 years? More?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭UhOh

Saw my first Taycan in the Mamba Green colour at the weekend (rare enough to see a Taycan in the south east). Absolutely stunning colour ‘in the flesh’.

One of those colours where photos really dont do it justice. A bold choice but they look class in Mamba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

On the flip side of that Fitz, it wasn't the buyers that pushed for the introduction of the bi-annual registration system, it was the dealers, with a side of Healy-Rae thrown in.

And you can't blame a buyer for wanting to preserve value in what's probably their second largest purchase. That just happens to take the form of a newer reg in this case. Calling it Paddy numberplate envy when those same dealers knock a hefty percent off the car price when it crosses from one year to the next isn't really fair. The public can only play by the rules set by dealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭quokula

I'm considering one of these for my next car, any good recommendations on which options are or aren't worthwhile? The prices really add up!

If we keep caring about two cars that roll off the factory line at the same time with two different number plates then we deserve what we get. But honestly the difference in trade in value in minimal, and likely taken up by prices hikes anyway. You could be asked for 4 or 5k more in Jan than now and Taycans loose so little money second hand its not worth waiting.

Totally depends on your priorities. If you are driving focused or comfort focused. Personally I dont care for the self drive options, but I understand people who do. I think Torque Vectoring and Rear wheel steer are good if you want that Porsche feel. The bose stereo is excellent. The sunroof is good. Folding mirrors are essential. I think the sports sideskirts set the car off. Sports chrono also good option. But look a base spec is still better than any other car out there. What are your priorities????

• Advertisement

Well this is new....can add comfort access. Not sure I could be bothered for 1400 euro seems saucy. Do others find this feature useful, have had it on other cars and found it a bit of a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Seems like €1400 to make it easier for the gangs to steal it! 😀

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Great feature. Had it on my €7k Leaf. Have it on the eNiro and Tesla. The 530e also. Can’t believe it’s not standard.

Would I pay €1400 for it, I don’t think so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nothing is standard on a Volkswagen Audi Gruppe car 😂

€1400 is absurd though, this was standard on all Teslas 10 years ago

If I were to buy a new Taycan, I would not order a single optional extra apart from colour. They can shove it. Paddy spec it is. Would I miss having all those features having got used to it in other cars over the years? Sure would.

Its common that the better the car the less you get as standard....well except you get a good car as standard. You pays your money and makes your choice.

Unkle you have to option out the stanrard Alloys, horrific. Base colour but better wheels surely.

Yeah maybe I'd just go for the black metallic, would be third black car in a row though and it is one of my least favourite colours 😂

The standard wheels look cheap but I don't particular like any of the other ones either on a black car, except the 20-Inch Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Crayon is the best colour hands down on the Taycan...

Yes - lots of the 'supercar' reviews on the likes of Top Gear etc.. it is common for the car to cost £150k and then the extras are another £50k...

Pretty much all manufacturers send fully loaded cars to the likes of Top Gear for review. I'd say it's far from common to spend 33% extra on options on top of the standard car, no matter what price category the car is in.

Its a pretty futuristic looking car so it can take the white too. Agree on the crayon, but sometimes I think its too big for that colour better on a 911, and you need to break the crayon up with a sunroof meaning more extras. Black is always good, but if you like a clean swirl free car, its a maintenance nightmare.

Re the comfort access, seems its 6 meters from the car, which could be tircky where I park, security risk etc. Might give it a skip, not worth 1400 euro to me, but the next owner car put it on if he/she is so inclined

• Advertisement

Agree.

So much so I’m getting my (non Porsche appliance) wrapped in the future.

Have you sourced an installer? If yes, what did they quote? Probably around the 2k mark including internal exposed door cillls…

Wrap It Design in Dublin 15 are authorized installers for Hexis.

Mantis has dechromed 3 of my teslas now so he Quoted €1500 or a bit less for complete car and what can be reached without stripping the car down.

I didn’t ask about stripping bits down as at that stage you may as well have paid for the paint!

But this was on a Model 3 so I’d say it’s car dependent.

Ha, is that where Mantis is now :-)

He wrapped the ugly plastic nose cone grille of my Ioniq well over 5 years ago. First time I went over to his place, back in Ballymount then, and he was just handing over a freshly wrapped 10 year old MINI to its owners. The car looked like a new car, I was well impressed.

3 day turnaround?

Make sure you post some pics when it is done!

Have you gone for the 3 month free trial sub? I won’t be paying €1400 for it!

• Advertisement

No way!

Yes he’s in Northwest Business Park now. Just on the back roads between finglas and Blanchardstown.

http://www.wrap-it.ie/

Cannot for the life of me get the 3 month trial to work, it say it on the site, but when you click there is only an option for the one off payment. Spent 30 minutes last night trying to get it sorted via PC, App and Mac no joy. Anyone get their free 3 months.

Delete.

Tried it there now - no joy, same issue as you

Harry is very impressed with the Cross Turismo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Im totally with him re the interior spec on the test car. Would prefer a light coloured interior myself.

Exterior colour suited it very well.

Taycan still a real halo car for EVs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

If only you could get one !

Now 9 months and still no sign .....

Ordered the cross turismo, @blingrhino? What is Porsche saying? I thought the normal Taycans were readily available to order with no absurd waiting times. How about the sport turismo?

No contact from porsche in over a month .

I presume it us the 12v battery issue although I have since heard that they have a supply of 12v batteries now and are fitting them to new cars on the production line and not to the likes of my CT that is built since June and sitting ready in the port of emden complete minus this 12v battery for the last 3 months .

Similar customers in the same position as me in Ireland and UK.

Really poor from porsche overall. July was original delivery.

Jesus....Micks Garage have them in stock 😁 Still I am sure when you are sitting in it, it will be worth it.

Last time I bought a 12V battery off Mick's garage, I had to take them to court 🤣

Dealer confirms my Taycan will be arriving within the next 2 weeks .

Battery supply issue seems to be resolved now and deliveries imminent.

I will believe when i see it .

Seen this in another thread, with BMW’s recent price increase for the i4, it puts it so close to the Porsche now.

“Porsche Taycan (€96k) now only tipping money (13%) more than an i4 M50 (€85k). With likely much lower depreciation. You'd need your head examined if you bought the BMW at those prices imho”

If you were buying an M50, would a base Taycan be a better place to be? I would tend to say yes, but never having owned a Porsche I’m not experienced enough with how precious options are at resale.

• Advertisement

There has been on increase on both but i still think a base Taycan is more comparable and "better value" than an Audi Etron gt at a starting price of €108k.

Bmw not really in same league allbeit a good car.

Said it in the i4 thread, the Taycan price is a bit of a fantasy, adding in the bells & whistles I’d like brings the RWD up to between €115-120k, so different ballpark price wise.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the new car blingehino - was it a Cross Turismo you ordered?

Also, some rumours floating about of the tri-motor Taycan on the way that might sit above the Turbo S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I seen a white one of these yesterday just outside connelly Station heading towards the queys I think. Big car. Looked stunning.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Price is the price. No fantasy. I'd buy the base model and not spend a cent on extras. AT €96k just €11k more than a BMW i4 M50 base model. Which makes the latter absurdly overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭digiman

I own an i4 m50 and I did consider the Taycan and test drove it, beautiful car and if I had €50k more I would probably have bought it. But I would never buy the base spec Taycan, I specced up a Taycan to be of similar performance, range and spec as the base i4 M50 as per the link below and it came in at €129k. I could easily have specced another €10-15k as I didn’t include sunroof, comfort access, matrix headlights etc which can all be got on m50 also.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPI1C6P9

I don’t buy the line about worst house on best street and best house on worst street. Genuinely don’t think it applies here at all when it comes to purchasing a car. I’d just never go with a **** spec car, you really need to spend a ton on a Taycan. I compared the Taycan 4S to the M50 and would could make the argument that you’d need to get a GTS to be of comparable performance, but that’s another €20k or so again!!

I’d also go for the Sports Turismo if I was buying, absolutely beautiful machine.

Buying a base Taycan & not adding anything is absurd IMO - metallic paint, nice wheels (std 19 inch Taycan wheels are awful), folding exterior mirrors, adaptive suspension, HUD, surround view camera, park assist, lane change assist, adaptive cruise control, comfort access, ambient lighting, heated seats, memory seats, heated steering wheel, electric sound, performance battery, dc converter - all optional extras off the top of my head. Tbh I’d be surprised if Porsche let you order one without having any extras included.

That's preposterous. Of course they would let you buy a base model as advertised at €96,080

Maybe one day I will be affluent and order the top model Taycan with all options ticked, but I can only imagine ever just being able to stretch to a base Taycan and I wouldn't honestly tick a single box, unless the base colour is white only. Most of the tech is not that advanced, particularly user interface, software, the active cruise / lane assist / lane changing / park assist LOL who needs that? - all very basic and old hat from where I'm coming from, so I will have to make concessions anyway. I'd buy it because it is a Porsche, it drives like a Porsche and it has the executive quality of a Porsche. No BMW comes close, particularly not one of the lower range models.

And all this is coming from a BMW fanboi. Not a Porsche fanboi and not a Tesla fanboi.

I get what you are saying, but when it comes to resale values, some cars just don’t sell well in their base level form.

• Advertisement

You'd be surprised. Almost all cars in their base level form will hold a higher percentage of their value given the same time passing. Or in other words, optional extras depreciate far quicker than the car itself. Many of them depreciate by up to 100% very quickly and only make the car easier to sell, not adding anything or not much to the second hand value.

Advertisement