Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Taycan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I don't think the 22kw charger is worth it, you'll only get 7 at home anyway and how often would you use AC when on a long trip far more likely to be on DC.

BTW spec looks great Fitz. Have a slight pref for the estate style version myself but both look class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I doubt it's 11kw. Your house would typically max out at 11kw. So unless you applied to get a higher MIC or you're living in a farm I'm guessing it'll give you 7kw.

The 22kw option would allow you to pull the full amount from the on street charging points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Oh and fair play, that some piece of tech you're buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Incredible that you have to pay for things like dimming mirrors etc at this price point. Would you add matrix beam headlights? I have these on my BMW and love them

no privacy glass. You haven’t put this in. Not your thing?

What’s the lead time on the Porsche Taycan? Are discounts available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Fitz,as i purchased my RWD Taycan 2 months ago a few comments on your spec.I came from a loaded Panamera hybrid and most of the extras counted for little on trade in.This time i cut the extras to the bone and am more than happy with my decision.My extras came to 12K and i made the cut off date to avail of the 5K grant.As you know you can lose the run of yourself on the configurator.If we lived in a country like the US where chargers could be hundreds of miles apart the bigger battery is a must but in our small island i see no need.On a full charge i am averaging 450 kilometers.Sport sound i have and the attraction wears off quickly.Sun roof i had on Panamera i prefer the clean look of the Taycan without it.My interior colour is the same as yours very nice.Your point about the speed of the RWD in comparison to the S is valid but really how many times on our road network does it matter.Regardless best of luck with your decision, and after nearly 50 years driving and many high end motors the Taycan ls in a league of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Did anyone who bought on negotiate a discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

My understanding is there is no discounts, aside from the general chip shortage for all cars at the moment tightening supply, Ireland only gets allocated a certain amount of cars per quarter & at the moment Porsche Dublin could sell the allocation multiple times over.

You might get the price rounded down to the nearest thousand euro, so trying to max out your trade in price could be the best tactic if you are trading in, price of second hand Model 3s has gone up a lot over last few months & the Performance is highly desirable.

On the 22kw charger point, as others point out, it wont get you faster home charging, but will double your charge speed on normal ESB charge points, Lidl ones etc

Did they give you an indication of lead time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Re the 22kW charger, it brings all the eCars AC charge points into meaningful use and given the state of the network everything helps.

How much extra is the 22kW on-board charger?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

named after the vessel Irish farmers drank tea from when makin hay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I have one on loan for the day while they service my oil burning Cayenne. Main issue for me is that the door is so small I find it difficult to get in and out (my other car is a Mini which involves no such problems). The black interior is not to my taste but it’s high quality. Having driven it home I thought I might feel some desire to head out again as soon as I can but I don’t. Quite happy with the electric drivetrain but I find the car fundamentally compromised for someone of my size. The seats in particular are very narrow at the base. I’d have preferred a Cayman or similar. Or indeed any other product Joe Duffy has to offers. Probably very attractive to many but for me it’s neither fish nor fowl physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Huge! 6’5” and a similar amount around the waist! Entry through the drivers door is even more difficult than in the 750Li I used to have. It’s funny that even the smaller Minis I used to have were more comfortable. Not suggesting the Taycan is a bad car. Just not one which I would covet.

In all fairness I can see how you would find it tight, sound like you are a very large human.

So Tesla Chargers are finally opening up. Limited access in Norway as a trial, seems to be working well enough if some EV's are hard to get access to the charging port with the short tesla charging cable.

Just remember you will need the 150Kwh option ticked to get good speeds off them as they are 400v systems. Access to the tesla network will make road tripping a lot less difficult as time goes on, very reliable chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's in the Netherlands, not Norway. It's only a trial on a few SuC that have 10 or more stalls. I can't see that coming to Ireland for several years to come, unless all SuC here are upgraded to 10 or more stalls, which will not be easy and will almost certainly need expensive upgrades to the grid connections if it is even possible at all at the current locations

In other words, I wouldn't count on it. Not for a long time 😂

Tru dat.....still some little sign of progress

Well here is a sneak peek, Collection day today. What an experiance, I went all quiet I was so happy. Amazing and a great sales experiance start to finish. Quite a complex car so going to read the manual this evening. First impression are incredible. All I can say is it drives like its got an engine, feels very deliberate on the road and turns on a dime. Masks its speed too well, but not so savage that you are afraid to push on. Spec changed a few times during the ordering and I plugged for the fancy Olea interior in the end and its superb. Will post more when I have better pics and more experiance. Thanks to those here who helpped me out on the spec.

New photos

Post edited by Fitz II on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Stunning!!!

i actually seen them getting delivered over the last few weeks. They got a big delivery in Christmas week ( I drive by them daily)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Fabulous looking car. Health to own and drive it. Safe motoring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

So jealous

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I drove behind one of those for a few miles during the Summer in my S, huge presence on the road, lovely car

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Best of luck with it Fitz, it's a stunner. Passed a white one yesterday it was a beauty. As an overall ownership proposition its probably not much more expensive than some cheaper cars as I expect they will retain value very well over the next few years. Payments of course high as you have to get it paid off but building equity all the time. So win win.

Thanks lads, edited my post with more photos.

Congrats, I like your choice of colour 😀

picked mine up on Thursday & would echo your comments on the driving experience. One minor issue with mine is the PCM isn’t working with Porsche Connect, seems to be a common thing on MY22 cars & should be sorted this week

Deadly...it's a great colour congrats. My pcm and app are fine but my alarm is false alarming a lot unless I disable the internal sensor...seem ls a common issue too...ah those crazy Germans😅

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's a stunning looking car. My only change if I were getting one is to have mission E wheels but yours looks great as specc'd.

I remember parking my S beside a Taycan at a SCP and being surprised at how big the taycan is, it's a larger (and IMO better looking) car in person than in photos.

Well Wear!

I think I am the only person in the world hates the Mission E wheels, somehow they are too open, too empty looking. But I can see why people like them.

Took a trip to Dublin to Belfast today to do a spot of business, lovely easy trip. 100%battery this AM drove into town. About 95% in town and then to Belfast with about 50% left. Way back stopped at ionity Drogheda with 15%. Its a tight fit getting the charge into the car there with the way they are set up (DC is on the passengers side). 10 minutes to 50% and home with 30% left. I think the hyper miler could do it without stopping. Charging speed was impressive 250 kwh from 15 to about 45% and then 200 up to 50%. Good to put a few Km on a car to get used to it. So easy do miles, a joy.

Getting close enough to a toll to tap a card is difficult, and yeah its big and low so no multi-storeys so finding parking was a chore. Getting in an out it easy enough but not delicate as you propell yourself out with your elbows.

• Advertisement

You get very cheap tolls with an ev Fitz so sign up and get a tag with one of the operators

Advertisement