Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XX-26,644 in ROI (1,772 deaths) 6,064 in NI (556 deaths) (08/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Our peak was artificially high due to the German backlog. The peak is also not relevant to the overall picture, not least because early in this the US and UK were under testing.

And we never under tested did we?

The testing criteria changed based on how many tests we could process not on the clinical presentation.

It was a farce. I know loads of people who had it and couldn't get a test early on.

It's easy to throw stones in glass houses but often it's not advisable.

Remember?
    They will have to have a fever and at least one other sign of a respiratory problem.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52035604

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

is_that_so wrote: »
    Why do people spend so much time reflecting on the actions of people they don't know and will never get to know? Life is far too short to indulge in such pointless judgemental exercises. It's a lot more beneficial for everyone if you try to be a better version of yourself.

We are human and Irish and living in a deadly pandemic :P I know I have become more judgemental

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Onesea wrote: »
    The men who tested positive on the building site never knew they were ill. They would have continued on working no bother on them. So it's a serious illness which doesn't effect you, and there is a good chance you never knew you had or have it.Clown world.
    The hospitals should be at full steam ahead keeping the country running.

And just let then continue infecting people establishing more and more clusters? What are you on and where can I buy some because its obviously top notch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

Who might they have passed it to if they did not know they had it?

Loads of people most likely. We can't control or stop it. So the testing will go on forever until the panic fades. We can't control it, so lock up yer vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

cnocbui wrote: »
    Medical workers morbidity profiles have been terrible, and hugely at odds with that of the general population, due probably to the massive viral load they are sometimes exposed to. This was particularly evident from Wuhan China and Italy, where far too many many young medical workers unfortunately died, whereas the average age of their patients was over 70.

Of course it's because they are in the front line but the point is that if restrictions weren't in place, general population would be more exposed and healthcare workers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sparko wrote: »
    I assume when you wrote selfish you meant selfless! RIP

Yes :o

Miike wrote: »
    And just let then continue infecting people establishing more and more clusters? What are you on and where can I buy some because its obviously top notch?

Why don't you tell us the stats relating to c19 for the republic of Ireland.

Why don't you tell us the stats relating to c19 for the republic of Ireland.

Has your Internet browser broke? Or is it that you think the published stats are all lies?

Fine Fail in fighting in full flow.
    Might explain the lack lustre response so far.
    We are all outraged at cronyism but we've bigger fish to fry.
    So if you could all put down the daggers and tell us how the fvck
    Our kids will get an education that would be great thanks.
    If you don't want to give jobs to the lads that's great too
    but it's of secondary importance at the moment.

He also was sharply critical of the appointment of senior civil servant Robert Watt who runs the Department of Public Expenditure to the board of the FAI.Mr MacSharry, according to several sources, said the appointment did represent a conflict of interest and should not have happened.
    “He described the situation as scandalous,”
    a source said Mr MacSharry received two rounds of applause for his critical comments of the party’s leadership.
    “Micheál looked most uncertain and shaken by the end of the meeting.
    MacSharry let him have it and many backed him,” said the source.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40020440.html

Has your Internet browser broke? Or is it that you think the published stats are all lies?

The latest published stats, you know the stats that weren't over inflated. The total number of infected people v the amount who died. Younger than retirement age and without illness.

• Advertisement

The latest published stats, you know the stats that weren't over inflated. The total number of infected people v the amount who died. Younger than retirement age and without illness.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus/i-became-a-statistic-irish-nurse-describes-terrifying-covid-19-ordeal-1.4310007

Young people aren't immune. Have a listen to this nurses piece from the Oireachtas. You're ideology is pretty harrowing but thankfully you're in the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The men who tested positive on the building site never knew they were ill. They would have continued on working no bother on them. So it's a serious illness which doesn't effect you, and there is a good chance you never knew you had or have it.Clown world.
    The hospitals should be at full steam ahead keeping the country running.

I think the first part of this post is the most idiotic one ive seen on here and that says a lot

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus/i-became-a-statistic-irish-nurse-describes-terrifying-covid-19-ordeal-1.4310007

Young people aren't immune. Have a listen to this nurses piece from the Oireachtas. You're ideology is pretty harrowing but thankfully you're in the minority.

Don't be taking any personal. The numbers show an illness circulating that is manageable. Have you not noticed the government and the media have peddled fear at any chance.
    People get sick and it's easy for the media to hop on an individual story and magnify it.
    Your hospitals are empty.
    Your economy is imploding,the rest of the world Wil manage clusters, however with your attitude it seems like many have given up Ireland. Or it could be people who sit on boards all day aren't exactly the outgoing type.

I think the first part of this post is the most idiotic one ive seen on here and that says a lot

Oh my.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

We did what was asked, flattened the curve. Gave hospitals time to prepare. 6 people in ICU out if 400 icu beds. Time to let us get on with life now.

Whilst your all in a panic over c19s clusters the junior ministers in Ireland are given a juicy payrise.
    Rest of the world's leaders take cuts but in Ireland in a time of crisis they give themselves payrises.Guess that's what happens when you have people distracted and arguing amoung themselves

And we never under tested did we?

The testing criteria changed based on how many tests we could process not on the clinical presentation.

It was a farce. I know loads of people who had it and couldn't get a test early on.

It's easy to throw stones in glass houses but often it's not advisable.

Remember?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52035604

It may have been bad here due to capacity issues, but in the UK they actively choose not to test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

In a sense, yes, as we all know testing is critical. But in another sense, it is not idiotic and actually very important if there are up to twenty men walking around infected without even knowing it. We're being bombarded with messages about the severity of this illness, in part no doubt to keep us on our toes, but if it is having little effect on large numbers of people then that should be even more of a reason to keep us on our toes. It also makes those refusing tests even more out of order.

Oh my.

We get it Onesea, you glory in your ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

US2 wrote: »
    We did what was asked, flattened the curve. Gave hospitals time to prepare. 6 people in ICU out if 400 icu beds. Time to let us get on with life now.

You want to follow the Israeli model? How's that working out for them?

• Advertisement

We get it Onesea, you glory in your ignorance

You find nothing odd with the fact the numbers were purposefully exaggerated? Your head in firmly in the sand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    If only Ireland had the stones to actually elect a female taoiseach rather than support the old boys roulette of pale male and stale. We're not as liberal and progressive as we like to think we are.

We don't elect Taoiseach's in this country. We are a parliamentary democracy. As it happens the party with most votes had a woman leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭blackcard

117 countries had more case of Covid-19 than ourselves yesterday. 26 countries had more than a thousand cases, 44 had more than 500 cases, 86 had more than 100

You find nothing odd with the fact the numbers were purposefully exaggerated? Your head in firmly in the sand

Where were numbers purposefully exaggerated?

Where were numbers purposefully exaggerated?

Varadkar tweeted it. People who never even had a test were put down as death with covid. People who died of other illnesses were put down as covid. This is a known fact in most countries now.

Well If you read the chart......

US Seven-day rolling average of new cases (per million) only surpased our peak of 186 on July 14th. Which was 9 days ago.

I agree they are accelerating away. That's what happens when you believe your own bull****.

Gotta love data.

520881.jpg

The data is completely flawed and entirely based on testing. Excess deaths is only number that can least paint a relatively accurate picture

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Beasty wrote: »
    Welcome to thread number 20, the previous ones

Currently threadbanned:
    Shuhada Davitt
    Runaways
    Man vs Manure
    Clarence Boddiker
    IAMAMORON
    completedit
    Cw85
    ThewhiteJesus
    Snowbiee21
    HowardBeale
    Level 42
    Burty330
    JoeFritzl
    Midfield Major
    Blaze420
    paleoperson
    declanflynn
    Naggdefy
    Sober Crappy Chemis
    BloodBath
    timmy_mallett
    rovers_runner
    TimeLadsPlease
    paddythere
    Jimmy Garlic
    Normanoffside
    CorkBoy53
    Seven Septs
    fr336
    Ae Fond Kiss

Quoting for my own protection, apparently I was previiously threadbanned - but i guess it was lifted ?

unless your old and frail or have serious underlying conditions this disease its harmless. Obviously there is the odd exception, same as the flu. The longer this goes on the more obvious that is. Hardly anyone being hospitalised with this.

The data is completely flawed and entirely based on testing. Excess deaths is only number that can least paint a relatively accurate picture

Well we tend to use data to feel good about ourselves relative to others. We claim others were under testing when we were.

Excess deaths while important doesn’t capture long term effects of this virus.

That’s a big unknown right now. Warrants caution I’d say.

https://twitter.com/tonyfitzinmo/status/1285550809913188352?s=21

• Advertisement

Well we tend to use data to feel good about ourselves relative to others. We claim others were under testing when we were.

Excess deaths while important doesn’t capture long term effects of this virus.

That’s a big unknown right now. Warrants caution I’d say.

https://twitter.com/tonyfitzinmo/status/1285550809913188352?s=21

You are using test numbers to present your argument. I am saying that test numbers are flawed. If you want to say Ireland is doing poor v USA you have to use a consistent measure. It excess deaths will do that for you.

That is my only point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement