Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand tractors are gone expensive

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Dunedin

cute geoge wrote: »
    As far as I know there are 3 specs of New holland in them models .Seems strange there Is no mention of what model it is .For all we know It could be similar model to the turkish built td.
    edit It is td105 so run a mile

How do the TS105 compare with the TD 105. ?

Are the TS model a decent tractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Grueller wrote: »
    It is a Turkish built TD5.105. I would put a Tumosan or an Armatrac on a par with them almost.

Jaysus!!!
    That's scary stuff, so much for a NH holding their value.
    It looks the exact same as a Case JXU inside, are you sure those ones are not Italian made as well? The later Case JX models were made in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Anyone know how much an Ursus 11054 110hp, 2015 with loader 1100 hours in good condition would be worth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Grueller

Anyone able to tell me the exact story with importing from across the water now with regards to VAT. I assume it must be paid in England and in Ireland again?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Anyone able to tell me the exact story with importing from across the water now with regards to VAT. I assume it must be paid in England and in Ireland again?

My understanding is vat is charged in the uk now regardless whereas up to this irish vat registered parties could buy without paying the vat in the uk and the vat on its sale in ireland.however my understanding is that vat registered irish parties can reclaim or at get a credit for the uk vat they have paid.however there is now a requirement to have a cert to say that machine is free from any soil or dirt.this is gor biosecurity reason and nothing to do with brexit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Grueller

K.G. wrote: »
    My understanding is vat is charged in the uk now regardless whereas up to this irish vat registered parties could buy without paying the vat in the uk and the vat on its sale in ireland.however my understanding is that vat registered irish parties can reclaim or at get a credit for the uk vat they have paid.however there is now a requirement to have a cert to say that machine is free from any soil or dirt.this is gor biosecurity reason and nothing to do with brexit

So for non VAT registered buyers there is really no change then. VAT is paid on the UK side and not here?

So for non VAT registered buyers there is really no change then. VAT is paid on the UK side and not here?

As far as i can see.no duty went on secondhand tractors.its just a cashflow thing for dealers.before they didnt pay the vat until they had it in the hand,now they have to fork most of it out before the tractor leaves the uk yard.so a tractor bought in england for 20 k +vat now costs them 25 k whereas before itwas only 20k.so the cost of stocking their yard has gone up by 20 % but the retail price should still be similar.in theory they now mainly pay vat on their margin after sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Any knowledge on mc cormick tractors lads something about 115 hp tks in advance lab man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

lab man wrote: »
    Any knowledge on mc cormick tractors lads something about 115 hp tks in advance lab man

Depending on it's age, it's either a Case IH or a Landini....

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

hopeso wrote: »
    Depending on it's age, it's either a Case IH or a Landini....

What years be based on the Case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

Ard_MC wrote: »
    What years be based on the Case?

Roughly between 2000 and 2008 I think. But it should be easy enough to tell by looking at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Recent ones have a beta power engine which is the same as landini and new Holland . Zf transmission.
    I think the new ones have deutz engines. Good machine. You'll get a better spec with them than nh or Massey for the money.

Reggie is the man in the know as he has a landini which is a blue mccormick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Reggie is the man in the know as he has a landini which is a blue mccormick.

I think Reggie would be saying a McCormick is a red Landini.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭straight

jimmy G M wrote: »

I wouldn't think much of anything Italian apart from pizza. The early McCormicks looked like the mx 135 and they were supposed to be a great machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

straight wrote: »
    I wouldn't think much of anything Italian apart from pizza. The early McCormicks looked like the mx 135 and they were supposed to be a great machine.
    I'd beg to differ on the fiats and the women

There will be huge gaps in the conversation s with northern based tractor dealers as they used to regularly remind you that there was no vat if there was a vat number available

kevthegaff wrote: »

Fix It Again Tomorrow. Men and women are the same all over the world. Of course every good rule always has an exception. I'm disillusioned by the prices of second hand tractors at the moment. Going to wait for the inevitable recession after vaccination is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭visatorro

kevthegaff wrote:

Iv had a fiat and several women, they all broke me heart and cost me money!

visatorro wrote: »
    Iv had a fiat and several women, they all broke me heart and cost me money!

Well that's what happens if it has tits or wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

kevthegaff wrote: »

As the Fiats aged they fell asunder and got lighter,Itialiano Mama's went the other way.

• Advertisement

The Rabbi wrote: »
    As the Fiats aged they fell asunder and got lighter,Itialiano Mama's went the other way.

...:heavier and tighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Each to thier own

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

jimmy G M wrote: »

Atm the two are the same only the styling is different. McCormicks are a little more expensive but seem to have a few little extras as the big ones are aimed towards tillage as the landini are aimed towards dairy and stock men.

Only thing I know on this topic is from one of the landini mechanics. The early McCormicks were supposed to be badly designed before and soon after landini took it over. It was his opinion. After all he was the man working on them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Fix It Again Tomorrow. Men and women are the same all over the world. Of course every good rule always has an exception. I'm disillusioned by the prices of second hand tractors at the moment. Going to wait for the inevitable recession after vaccination is completed.

The agricultural market doesn't track the real world, and with commodity prices especially tillage on the up I wouldn't be banking on cheap tractors anytime soon, brother bought another lorry recently a 172 plate fully loaded iveco 460 with 110k for 44k plus vat the same lorry new today is 115k plus vat, if the above example was a tractor it would still be worth nearly 100k

• Registered Users Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

jaymla627 wrote: »
    The agricultural market doesn't track the real world, and with commodity prices especially tillage on the up I wouldn't be banking on cheap tractors anytime soon, brother bought another lorry recently a 172 plate fully loaded iveco 460 with 110k for 44k plus vat the same lorry new today is 115k plus vat, if the above example was a tractor it would still be worth nearly 100k

I think the tractor price is a exaggeration and the truck price an outlier. The truck will be scraped after 15-20 years at most but tractors have 30 year lifespans and longer. Problem with agriculture is it accepts the inroads into it margins. Industries servicing us are not willing to accept the margins we put up.

For the last 20 years and longer efficiency has been seen as the answer to farm profitability. More cattle, earlier finishing, more land bigger machinery, higher stocking rates etc etc. Very few people do a cost benefit analysis before spending money and not only do they not do that they they do not allow for the extra hours work that they need to do to justify that machine.
    A farm with 80k in machinery borrowings paying 4.5% interest over an average of 6 years repayment timescales is paying 16k in repayments per year before running, repair and maybe labour costs are added into the equation.

Slava Ukrainii

jaymla627 wrote: »

There was always great value in second hand trucks. Haulage must be more profitable than farming if their all able to buy the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

There was always great value in second hand trucks. Haulage must be more profitable than farming if their all able to buy the new ones.

Break downs in haulage probably have potential to cause even more heartache.

Pain in the arse if your baler breaks in the middle of a big job when the rain clouds are coming across the horizon, but breaking down in France with an expensive load of perishables on the back is probably a level above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Covert trucks to tractors. How hard could it be?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Covert trucks to tractors. How hard could it be?

Ya I was thinking the same thing, we could call it a fastrac:D Seen a few old photos of scut trucks after WWII.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

It would seem surprisingly good dosh alright. Two local lads here, running a few trucks each, neither the brightest, one doing agribusiness and the other doing longhaul, both appear minted, spending away goodo, and more power to them.
    I would have thought it would be a cut-throat business though.

Advertisement