Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand tractors are gone expensive

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭straight

Had made up my mind last night to go look at a JD 6430 premium but reconsidered this morning. Think I'm going to hold out for a valtra n series. I feel as though they might be more simple and reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

straight wrote: »
    Had made up my mind last night to go look at a JD 6430 premium but reconsidered this morning. Think I'm going to hold out for a valtra n series. I feel as though they might be more simple and reliable.

I know very little about Valtras, but I saw an N that was traded in at a JD dealers. It seemed to be sitting very low to the ground. No clearance at all under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

timple23 wrote: »
    Would the axles on balers, trailers etc be rated for fastrac speeds.

trailers yes but I doubt the baler is but most of my baling is at the house and 4 mile up the road so tipping at 30/40km be the top of it anyway

I bought it for the HP for the baler and road speed for trailer work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

got a lovely NH 100TS 2 years ago up in armagh. 32500. 3,400 hrs on it 2004.
    in from england , complete with front loader a Stoohl. was on a government bird sanctuary down near Essex. arms on back were stiff , it had a transport box on it but never any weight in it, never liifted anything else, just pulled a trailer arounf, had floatation tyre s and your man put new tyres on. so all 4 new tyres too. have it two years and only did a bit of proper work the other day put out slurry for 8 hours. up to that all it did was top and spread fertiliser. i use a teleporter to feed so the tractor should do me a good while. savage deal i thought it was 30 sterling bought when sterling was weak. just lucky, tracked the back story from the log book too and all true.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cathy427

Given the huge premium that is currently on mainstream brands for 20 year old tractors with highish hours would something like this be worth a look instead?

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ursus-11054-amp-loader/27117439

I know a lot of lads are tied to brands and wont drive anything other than for example a John Deere - my own "ex-brother-in-law" would not get anything other than a New Holland and I always thought half of it was cause the "boys" would be slagging him!!! (now there was a router - but thats different thread)

But if, like most at this stage, what you are doing is a bit of topping, fertiliser, bales, feeding and emergency slurry when the contractor cant get to you would the above not be as good/better than a 20 year old machine that may have had a lot of drivers/done contracting work?
    The gear change does look a bit traditional compared to the modern smoothness of the mainstream (for a lot more €€) says it has Carraro transmission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

cathy427 wrote: »
    Given the huge premium that is currently on mainstream brands for 20 year old tractors with highish hours would something like this be worth a look instead?

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ursus-11054-amp-loader/27117439

I know a lot of lads are tied to brands and wont drive anything other than for example a John Deere - my own "ex-brother-in-law" would not get anything other than a New Holland and I always thought half of it was cause the "boys" would be slagging him!!! (now there was a router - but thats different thread)

But if, like most at this stage, what you are doing is a bit of topping, fertiliser, bales, feeding and emergency slurry when the contractor cant get to you would the above not be as good/better than a 20 year old machine that may have had a lot of drivers/done contracting work?
    The gear change does look a bit traditional compared to the modern smoothness of the mainstream (for a lot more €€) says it has Carraro transmission

Asked a question as regards value of this tractor here a few weeks ago . Got no opinions. He hadent the price advertised at that stage. I feel you would be married to it (not saying that would be a bad thing) . Since they started re-importing them about five years ago, don't see any new ones around. Wonder how many were sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,232 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

MIKEKC wrote: »
    Asked a question as regards value of this tractor here a few weeks ago . Got no opinions. He hadent the price advertised at that stage. I feel you would be married to it (not saying that would be a bad thing) . Since they started re-importing them about five years ago, don't see any new ones around. Wonder how many were sold?

Looks a bit like a Zetir but I do not think they were involved with Usrus at that stage.. Came across this article on it in the FJ you have to scroll down to find the Usrus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.farmersjournal.ie/amp/plan-your-tractor-purchases-carefully-at-ploughing-165322

It has a Perkins Euro 3 engine and a Carraro transmission. Might not be too bad a yoke. Manual shuttle.36k might be a bit strong for it. Parts for engine and transmission should be ok to get.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Looks a bit like a Zetir but I do not think they were involved with Usrus at that stage.. Came across this article on it in the FJ you have to scroll down to find the Usrus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.farmersjournal.ie/amp/plan-your-tractor-purchases-carefully-at-ploughing-165322

It has a Perkins Euro 3 engine and a Carraro transmission. Might not be too bad a yoke. Manual shuttle.36k might be a bit strong for it. Parts for engine and transmission should be ok to get.
    Isn’t Massey Ferguson, Zetor & Ursus all owned by the same company
    Think there’s a 4th tractor brand too

No, Massey is in the same group/stable as Fendt and Valtra
    (possible one of the reasons why valtra gained market share relatively quickly)

Ok, interesting - ya probably be married to it in fairness; which would be ok with, just if keeping for long time want to be relatively happy with how it drives.
    Test driving is a problem, obviously, at the mo. Would it drive like the older zetors?

You still interested? I actually went on to see the zetor 9641 he has and then wondering do I need to up the budget.

Ya, looks very very similar.
    Prob is a bit strong but what else do you get at the hp, with loader and 1100 hours for 36k?

Would a manual shuttle be a bad buy at this stage given where other makes are at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Ok, interesting - ya probably be married to it in fairness; which would be ok with, just if keeping for long time want to be relatively happy with how it drives.
    Test driving is a problem, obviously, at the mo. Would it drive like the older zetors?

You still interested? I actually went on to see the zetor 9641 he has and then wondering do I need to up the budget.

Ya, looks very very similar.
    Prob is a bit strong but what else do you get at the hp, with loader and 1100 hours for 36k?

Would a manual shuttle be a bad buy at this stage given where other makes are at?
    Have a Zetor 6341 here for last 8or 9 years. 4600 hours . New clutch 2 years ago .Brake cylinder stuck so replaced both. No other problems. Really no need to change. Would imagine with the variety of tractors available it would be hard enough to sell. Would a comparable Zetor be much more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

No, Massey is in the same group/stable as Fendt and Valtra
    (possible one of the reasons why valtra gained market share relatively quickly)

Valtra became popular around here as they had a 40k box when the 3 series Massey didn’t
    Also contractors found them better on soft ground than the MF

Remember seeing the technology used on the 4wd on the MF 3 series was the same as used by Zetor on the Crystal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭MfMan

Ursus nearly gone to the wall I think... really bad way financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

No experience of the newer ursus but years ago I worked summers with a suckler farmer and he bought a new 1995 2wd 4512 ursus and in 2001 bought a 490 mercury 4wd. Good honest little tractors in fairness newer gave a seconds trouble as far as I know. very basic inside but did its job

Actually went looking for a 4512 or 4514 for a lad lately and they are mad money

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Why is it so hard to buy a tractor straight from the previous user.looking around at the moment and 90 %of tractors are selling from dealers either large or small.i d prefer to buy straight from the owner and with the advent of dd i would have thought that there would be more selling direct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭jaymla627

K.G. wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to buy a tractor straight from the previous user.looking around at the moment and 90 %of tractors are selling from dealers either large or small.i d prefer to buy straight from the owner and with the advent of dd i would have thought that there would be more selling direct

HP outstanding would be a lot of it, another issue is with second hand prices gone up so much if a lad is selling private and gets 35k he has a nice tax bill, if trading against another tractor in a dealers they would usually value it lower and discount the difference of the new one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Do the dealers still give an inflatted price for trade in ,this being added on to the price of the newer tractor .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Thinking of buying a new Same 110 with a loader, being quoated €63 Inc vat, what do lads here think of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Thinking of buying a new Same 110 with a loader, being quoated €63 Inc vat, what do lads here think of them

Throwing a curve ball at you ,what year nh/jd/mf would you get for the same money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Amyone selling a tractor,or any machine really ,worth anything more than 10k or so will have a very limited market.
    Up to a few years ago it was possible to finance a machine from a private seller.That changed and finance company usually insisted it was from a registered business.
    Could have changed recently as its 3 years since i had to purchases.
    Looking again at the moment but haven't looked into finance yet.
    Also most dealers will offer some type of warranty and if you are local or repeat business then some sort of comeback is usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

I was on the lookout for a tractor last autumn. Was looking at buying new but I couldn't justify the price and I came across a t6.175 with 2840hrs. I was talking to the previous owner who bought new again. He seemed genuine. I'm a happy with her so far. She's a tractor that came with a loader but didn't do much loader work for the previous owner as he used his digger for loader work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

jaymla627 wrote: »
    HP outstanding would be a lot of it, another issue is with second hand prices gone up so much if a lad is selling private and gets 35k he has a nice tax bill, if trading against another tractor in a dealers they would usually value it lower and discount the difference of the new one

Are you saying fellas dont want to buy because of the hp risk .by the way anyone selling a 130 or 140 hp 10 years + with a loader let us know.wont be financing

cute geoge wrote: »
    Do the dealers still give an inflatted price for trade in ,this being added on to the price of the newer tractor .
    Cost to change is tbe important figure.

Bought a tractor 3 years ago.
    Looking 48k and cost 28k along with trade in.
    My trade in was worth 12/14 k at the very most so real value of tractor was probably 40k .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Dunedin

degetme wrote: »
    I was on the lookout for a tractor last autumn. Was looking at buying new but I couldn't justify the price and I came across a t6.175 with 2840hrs. I was talking to the previous owner who bought new again. He seemed genuine. I'm a happy with her so far. She's a tractor that came with a loader but didn't do much loader work for the previous owner as he used his digger for loader work.

How do like the keltec bale slice?

cute geoge wrote: »
    Throwing a curve ball at you ,what year nh/jd/mf would you get for the same money
    Friend was enquiring about a 2012 JD 6430 premium with loader this week.Think around 4/5k hours.
    Looking 46k plus vat on phone.Presume bit of movement on that but not sure.
    Looking at NH 6030 with loader neighbour bought recently. About 8k hours good tyres and was told 35k inc vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

Dunedin wrote: »
    How do like the keltec bale slice?

I'm happy with it. I have two bales on the back of the tractor for when I'm using the bale slice. You would want the weight on the back tho. Think tis 480kg empty. I think that bale slice suits us best with it cutting from beneath rather the other 1s having to have them up in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Jd 115 hp 2200 hours 2016, looks like new on donedeal 50k plus vat
    That's frying my head now

Jd 115 hp 2200 hours 2016, looks like new on donedeal 50k plus vat
    That's frying my head now
    That the one in Laois ?

No TLS , basic gearbox , no weights ,no mention of air con or air seat ,no beltline lights and its 70k inc.vat

That the one in Laois ?

No TLS , basic gearbox , no weights ,no mention of air con or air seat ,no beltline lights and its 70k inc.vat

Surely air-con and air seat are standred on a 2016?

• Advertisement

Surely air-con and air seat are standred on a 2016?

Well know if I was paying that sort of money would be a non runner without them

Advertisement