Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone got the full video of Eamon Ryan falling asleep in the Dail for the second time? Posters here were claiming it as fake news but I havent seen them post up the full video yet to prove he wasnt asleep yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Muahahaha wrote:
    Has anyone got the full video of Eamon Ryan falling asleep in the Dail for the second time? Posters here were claiming it as fake news but I havent seen them post up the full video yet to prove he wasnt asleep yet again.

Again, I'm really not surprised at this, what I am surprised of is that this isn't more common, the rest must be tanked up on caffeine or something, being a politican is a balls of a job, most certainly ain't paid enough, it truly is a 24/7 job, then all the abuse you gotta take, wonder did graeber include this as a 'bullsh1t job', because it certainly is one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

that is incorrect

he has a car that runs on biofuel

He did have a diesel which is why I asked if he still had it.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I could equally post about "muck savages" from the west but I'm too posh an urbanite to do that.

Go ahead call me whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

He did have a diesel which is why I asked if he still had it.

Does indeed, vw caravelle outside his gaff in clonskeagh....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Eamon Ryan is the golden ticket. Backed him all the way. Trevor Sargent really wanted to be a vicar in Wexford and John Gormley is somewhere else, tweeting about algae down in Sandymount last time I heard, haven’t seen him in a while. Eamon has more fire in his belly, backstage he is working the room like you wouldn’t believe for Mother Earth. Focused like a laser beam, sharp as a butchers knife. Sometimes intense thinkers close their eyes when figuring out something very complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

that is incorrect

I saw him interviewed before the election and he definitely said he drives an old diesel car. Said he was helping the environment by not replacing it.

I saw him interviewed before the election and he definitely said he drives an old diesel car. Said he was helping the environment by not replacing it.

Which he actually is. Keeping an old car going is much better for the environment than buying a new electric car.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Again, I'm really not surprised at this, what I am surprised of is that this isn't more common, the rest must be tanked up on caffeine or something, being a politican is a balls of a job, most certainly ain't paid enough, it truly is a 24/7 job, then all the abuse you gotta take, wonder did graeber include this as a 'bullsh1t job', because it certainly is one

You think they aren't paid enough?!

You're an army of one on that opinion I reckon, yes its a hectic job but the salary and expenses are more than adequate for the job they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You what!!!

How is a tiny island way out West from Europe going to save the planet.... Look at China, USA hell most other countries and the pollution they produce....

Just look at how we farm and then look at what's coming down the line with data centers.we'll probably be the worst in Europe soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Then can you let us know why they keep going back for election time after time?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Eamon Ryan is great guys.

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Eamon Ryan is great guys.

What you smokin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What you smokin

Ignore him. It's a troll account that litters threads with nonsense that belongs in AH (at best). I'm not sure why it's tolerated TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Muahahaha wrote: »

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-eamon-ryan-asleep-dail-5194848-Sep2020/

It was a beautiful bit of film put out by one of the 200 SF paid employees to stir ****.
    And most of the people bought it

Edit: there's really not 200 SF employees paid to stir ****, I'm just blowing steam!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ignore him. It's a troll account that litters threads with nonsense that belongs in AH (at best). I'm not sure why it's tolerated TBH

It's not even in the least bit funny, no idea why he hasn't been banned

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/energy-and-resources/seven-community-renewable-energy-projects-get-go-ahead-1.4352856?mode=amp

Great initiative from the Greens I think. They get nothing but stick but they can't change everything overnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Ah come on, no room for humour in your dour mind ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭alias no.9

that is incorrect

Where does he buy road legal biofuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Anyone else think Ryan has been heavily medicated on his last few media appearances , sort of a vacant bemusement at everything he's asked

• Advertisement

Anyone else think Ryan has been heavily medicated on his last few media appearances , sort of a vacant bemusement at everything he's asked

He looks like that on a good day.... Lost seems to come to mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Yes, something is not right and much as I disagree with him and his party on an awful lot he seems like a very nice man and was very able. He seems to be completely non existent as a leader in this coalition.

Maybe fatigue, illness, complacency or just trying some kind of Biden-esque remain silent damage limitation and let opposition/coalition damage themselves type strategy....whatever it is he is totally f*cking useless and away with the fairies.

I think it's just the way he is that he's a bit dithery, but he gets picked on more so for these things more than others because most people despise the Greens, you could pick flaws with most Irish politician's demeanor.

I think it's just the way he is that he's a bit dithery, but he gets picked on more so for these things more than others because most people despise the Greens, you could pick flaws with most Irish politician's demeanor.

This isn't political, last evening he was on the News and he just seemed to be totally oblivious of all around him, sort of in his own little happy place, that's kind of worrying when he's basically the Jack in the government house of cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

This isn't political, last evening he was on the News and he just seemed to be totally oblivious of all around him, sort of in his own little happy place, that's kind of worrying when he's basically the Jack in the government house of cards.

Think he is from the "nice but useless" wing of the Greens.

You may not like him but there is a far more "ban all cars forever" militant mob agitating in the background. They already had a go at him and expect he will be thrown under a bus as soon as they can get to him

Truthvader wrote: »
    Think he is from the "nice but useless" wing of the Greens.

You may not like him but there is a far more "ban all cars forever" militant mob agitating in the background. They already had a go at him and expect he will be thrown under a bus as soon as they can get to him

Yes I'm a ban all cars forever and destroy rural Ireland's polluting way of life forever person and think Eamon needs to crack down harder! Maybe his successor will fare better, but they wont win any seats in the next election if we're in a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

He's wasn't dithery in the past, talked a load of nonsensical bollocks, yes, but not away with it. He is at the moment a mess.

He's wasn't dithery in the past, talked a load of nonsensical bollocks, yes, but not away with it. He is at the moment a mess.

I haven't seen him talk in god knows how long but I've met him a few times and he seems normal enough in person anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I was thinking the same thing watching him actually, he is either being kept totally in the dark by the other two leaders of our government or is oblivious to what is actually happening around him.

I'm inclined to believe he hasn't a clue what's going on around him and rather like Mehall he doesn't care too much either as his name is now in the history books.

We are in the middle of a pandemic and the Green Party are trying to make an issue of the plight of a squirrel that is stuck in a court yard.

It's like a bad dream.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Advertisement