Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Any pics of the cat mam ?

No , he/she only appears at night and runs away if I get too close to the window :(
    I'll try though , it's a grey/mottled colour , I dunno what they're called , cat colour :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's dry here now too but the rain woke me up at 3.50 this morning. I thought someone was moving stuff around in the garden. It was only when I was awake enough to realise there isn't really anything to move that I realised it was rain!

Got up for a widdle at 4.30am. Really thought I'd stay awake, but the open window with the rain lashing down sent me back to sleep until 9ish. Still hate the rain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

I'm sitting in the dark as the ESB is down again !!
    Some nice mellow songs on Spotify...
    I cant cant see my can of beer but luckily the can knows where my mouth is...

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭3d4life

Packing my holiday bags. Tis the high seas for me.

Goodbye sailor, have a good time ( watch out for sea serpents )

Surfacing from a multiday migrane... Reading up on the thread it looks like I caught it here :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    No , he/she only appears at night and runs away if I get too close to the window :(
    I'll try though , it's a grey/mottled colour , I dunno what they're called , cat colour :o

Like this mam is it?

GreyTabbyWhite_CatColor.jpg

• Advertisement

Dear Mr Dude,

That yoke looks like Trouble ( thats trouble with a capital 'T' )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

3d4life wrote: »
    Goodbye sailor, have a good time ( watch out for sea serpents )

Surfacing from a multiday migrane... Reading up on the thread it looks like I caught it here :(

Ah, I must've got it from you! Waiting for the drier to finish then it's nurefen+ and bed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I wonder if there really is a tie between the damp and aches in joints etc. I've never properly looked into it..

Either have I, but I wonder if it might have more to do with joints reacting to atmospheric pressure and the damp correlating with that rather than the damp itself having some direct action on the joints.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Like this mam is it?

GreyTabbyWhite_CatColor.jpg

Yes !
    That's it Seph , that cat colour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Colleague had to do a check flight with the authorities to be approved as our new company examiner, so I got “volunteered” to be the person under test even though I’m not due a check for 3 more months :):)

Well it turned into one of those everything that can do wrong days, customer 4 hours late, thunderstorm activity at the destination and this is an arabian summer, a sandstorm, and then by the time we got there the wind couldn’t decide which direction it wanted to blow from, agh... take me off the volunteer list :):)

Now I have a bottle of Absolute in my grubby hands, couldn’t touch it all week as i was on standby, now I’m going to enjoy it and maybe smuggle some home to the missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You deserve a drink after that, smurf!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Yes !
    That's it Seph , that cat colour :pac:

There called tabbies mam 😸 😸

In other news, today is my builders last day in my house, not sure if he knows this yet, but he had promised to be done by tonight, painters finished yesterday so that was the last high cost task, now considering the outstanding snag list there is no way he is going to finish his tasks in one day, but 53 weeks is ENOUGH.

So come Saturday the locks will be changed and Tuesday a new alarm system, unfortunately I’m still stuck with that RED/WHITE American style diner kitchen, but its worth it to get rid of this idiot.

That's tabby with a capital 'T' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My little one is a tabby but interestingly when she rolls over on her back for a belly rub, she has a hint of (I only know this word from Seph) a calico look to her fur.
    Tabby cat look is my favourite kind. They remind me of their bigger cat cousins.
    The wind here is mad now. Came out of nowhere. Was just in the bathroom getting ready for bed and it started. There's a driving rain with it too. Another depressing bank holiday so :(

To thine own self be true

smurfjed wrote: »
    In other news, today is my builders last day in my house, not sure if he knows this yet, but he had promised to be done by tonight, painters finished yesterday so that was the last high cost task, now considering the outstanding snag list there is no way he is going to finish his tasks in one day, but 53 weeks is ENOUGH.

So come Saturday the locks will be changed and Tuesday a new alarm system, unfortunately I’m still stuck with that RED/WHITE American style diner kitchen, but its worth it to get rid of this idiot.

I think I suggested this to you before Smurf but rather than try rip those tiles off the wall, there's a special tile paint to be got. My mam did hers a few years ago. It was a tedious job but definitely better than replacing tiles.

@PurpleMountain, thank you, that my wife‘s approach, but considering that it wasn’t close to what we originally asked for, i had no problem asking the contractor to replace them.

Alas, I lost :))

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

smurfjed wrote: »

You'd get a mansion built in that time!

It pains me to say it, but if you were there all the time you'd have been able to call them out. Builders take the piss when they're dealing with a woman. If you ever decide on major work again have a contract drawn up with a penalty clause so it'll cost then to overrun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, tis a great feeling not having to set an alarm for the morning :D Off until Tuesday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Halfway through the night, will get some groceries after work, thrilling times :P

Enjoy your weekend Cat lady :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Halfway through the night, will get some groceries after work, thrilling times :P

Enjoy your weekend Cat lady :)

will do :) hope you're night is going ok

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fairly quiet here, long may it stay so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all
    Kitchenside with a Coffee. Thank god it's Friday, have a good day one and all:)

Weather - crap
    Camping - crap
    Staycations - crap

Get me on an airplane!!!

Bedside with a cupan Tae and sourdough toast , bad night's sleep , loads of tossing and turning .

Absolute torrent of rain falling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Nespresso. Roasting.

Absolite cracker of a morning! 20 degrees (perfect for Dave). Hopefully the weather gets better for everyone with cloud overhead :)

A picture from the seafront this morning.

521619.jpeg

Damp grem is home.. Too mild for mist, yuck..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Damp grem is home.. Too mild for mist, yuck..

Dry off and put the feet up buddy :)

• Advertisement

Heading down the park to see two of my favourite people
    😸😃

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement