Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I hope all goes well today kowloon and Jupiter.

Another global here and I'm going to head out to the garden. Expect more poor spelling later from a combination of heat induced confusion and tiredness, NOT alcohol! :p

You need a sun hat, legs. Your poor brain will be fried!

Hope all goes well for Kowloon and Mr. Kid

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You need a sun hat, legs. Your poor brain will be fried!

Hope all goes well for Kowloon and Mr. Kid

I definitely need something, I've no idea where global came from there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Back from a spin with the lads,followed by a club meeting.First one since March just to tell us that practically everything is either cancelled or postponed.2020 has turned out to be a boring year.Overdid it I think with the miles today,shoulder and hip already telling me what is in store later.Happy days getting old!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm hating all the aching that's happening in my joints, might be time to slow down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm kitchen side having breakfast. I'm really tired. Last week I did only the usual 40 hours but over six days and I sort of feel like I haven't had an actual break. Trying not to moan because it could be worse.

It might not increase your work hours but all other things being equal it's 20% on top of normal commuting hours. It's one of the things to be said in favour of 12 hour shifts.

• Advertisement

How did you get on today kowloon?All good I hope.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ditto what IAN said

Jupiter hope you've picked himself up by now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Making dinner and deciding what to have for dessert :)

Kitchen side

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »
    Making dinner and deciding what to have for dessert :)

Kitchen side

Whatever it is, make 16 portions of it.

Just clocking off work & want food.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Decided on lasagna and garlic bread and strawberries and ice cream (Mam) ;):D for dessert :)

Just watching a beautiful bird and looked him up on google and he is called a Bull Finch :) Beautiful colours

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Decided on lasagna and garlic bread and strawberries and ice cream (Mam) ;):D for dessert :)

Just watching a beautiful bird and looked him up on google and he is called a Bull Finch :) Beautiful colours

And no invite,shameful.

Autosport wrote:
    Just watching a beautiful bird and looked him up on google and he is called a Bull Finch Beautiful colours

Goldfinches are beautiful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Goldfinches are beautiful too.

The finch family have the best displays of colour. Lovely little things.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside, had a worrying few days with a covid situation, but alls ok now, thank god :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My lawnmower was in the lawnmower hospital for the last two weeks. It was released today and returned to me. But like a real bad bollox, I put it back to work immediately as the feckin gardens were a disgrace. They look great now and I'll put the mower back to work tomorrow for a finishing touch. Fortunately the lawnmower had health Insurance.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

How did you get on today kowloon?All good I hope.

Yeah, not a bother. It was actually pretty quiet in the non-Covid section of the hospital.

kowloon wrote: »
    Yeah, not a bother. It was actually pretty quiet in the non-Covid section of the hospital.
    Glad to hear. Hope you got a chance to catch up in your sleep since.

Actually, not a bad day here. Mood is slowly lifting and each passing day is a little more productive than the last. Must go and be productive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

kowloon wrote: »
    It might not increase your work hours but all other things being equal it's 20% on top of normal commuting hours. It's one of the things to be said in favour of 12 hour shifts.

Interesting point actually.

I did 4 on/4 off for four years and I think it was less tiring than this strangely. Also a few weeks ago when we were in separate teams we did almost 7 on/7 off which I also liked. I think at some point we'll be pushing for doing four 10 hour days and having three days off.

Anyways, I'm now back kitchen about to make myself a salad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd love a 3 or 4 day week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and a kit kat golden, I'll let ye know in a bit if it comes sephers approved or not :cool:

0_kitkat.jpg

• Advertisement

White twix is where it's at.. I left mine at home in the fridge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'd love a 3 or 4 day week!

You wouldn't Leggie. Trust me you wouldn't. After over 4 months out of real action, I'm struggling to keep any work ethic together despite working on non paid side projects. The London dream is crushed and even the Irish gig that I used to do is struggling from little to nothing. Worse than the last recession. Really worse. I'm spending my time trying to start up a new start up that's geared towards earning less, but keeping busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

White twix is where it's at.. I left mine at home in the fridge :(

Oh Grem, a woman after my own heart. They're amazing! Have you tried the salted caramel ones?

Oh Grem, a woman after my own heart. They're amazing! Have you tried the salted caramel ones?

Honestly, ordinary twix left untouched for these ones.. Salted caramel - two reccomendations, dale (farm?) salted caramel swirl ice creams and lidl melt in the middle pudding, salted caramel. You won't thank me, you'll fecking hate me :pac:

Cuppa with a wispa here.

It is a multi-pack & they are mini ones. Not sure if I can resist just having one.

Cuppa with a wispa here.

It is a multi-pack & they are mini ones. Not sure if I can resist just having one.

Well, they're only mini ones after all. ..

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Well, they're only mini ones after all. ..

Is there any "good" voice to counter this?

Like a choclatey voice? This is m&s wispas or some such?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Brother tedo.......I mean Ted this is god! share the wispa's around the wherer's thread!!!!!

😸😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Deskside with a cupan tae and a kit kat golden, I'll let ye know in a bit if it comes sephers approved or not :cool:

0_kitkat.jpg

Yuuuuuck.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement