Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Oops :o
    All of them , it was a wake .

Trust me to read that completely wrong !

I'm sorry Mam. I should have copped that and not made a joke. Your answer was interesting, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I didn't realise it was a wake either, talk about tact.

Time for a shower and to relax for the rest of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭thomil

Back at home, blogging away with Jean-Michel Jarre in the background and the occasional look towards the sky, hoping for a break in the clouds...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm sorry Mam. I should have copped that and not made a joke. Your answer was interesting, anyway.

Lol , you're grand Sardonicat , my fault for not reading it properly , no worries at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Grandeeod wrote: »
    After a fab day out in nature, it seems nature has followed us home. Live from G's driveway and very early in the evening a big fat Hedgehog...
    It rambled across the road and into the driveway.

They move surprisingly quickly, had one in the garden for a few nights, recognised the droppings with beetle remains in them. When I finally saw him, he was charging around, looked like those cartoon animals running around on his tippy toes :pac:

I’m in bed, off to the hairdresser first thing. Will be looking gorgeous in my Teams meetings tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside restless......

would love to get up to some divilment

🤪😜😛
    thomil wrote: »
    Jean-Michel Jarre in the background ..

Only know the one track but I like it a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside restless......

would love to get up to some divilment

It's been so long, I don't know if I know how to anymore.

Inside from outside. Got a crick in my neck looking for comet Neowise :pac: But it's a lovely night out.

How's everyone here doing? Behaving, hanging in there ok?
    Love all the pet pics, I just have a pet sunflower these days, it's in a little yellow pot and keeps turning away from me to stare at the sun out the window. It might be time to upgrade to something more interactive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭thomil

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Inside from outside. Got a crick in my neck looking for comet Neowise :pac: But it's a lovely night out.

How's everyone here doing? Behaving, hanging in there ok?
    Love all the pet pics, I just have a pet sunflower these days, it's in a little yellow pot and keeps turning away from me to stare at the sun out the window. It might be time to upgrade to something more interactive :)

The only pets I have in my apartment have eight legs and keep the insect population low in check :pac:

I was out on the balcony earlier, going after Neowise myself. Got a few photos, and some glimpse of it in the binoculars, but with the cloud cover here, it's hard to get a look at it.

It does appear to be rapidly dimming though, which is hardly surprising given how fast it's moving away from the sun.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Contemplating a hot chocolate and not tidying the kitchen. A migraine warrants not cleaning the kitchen and positively requires a creamy, chococlatey, smooth and soothing beverage, doesn't it?

Yes. It does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Was in a sound sleep when my phone started ringing, gotta work ASAP, get driven to the airport and then get told it’s cancelled so now back to the hotel 😆

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Behaving, hanging in there ok?

Of course .............😇

😏
    It might be time to upgrade to something more interactive :)

A cat prehaps ? 😸

Drink the hot chocolate in bed, Saudi, it should help you sleep. I don't get migrating thankfully, but I believe they're awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Drink the hot chocolate in bed, Saudi, it should help you sleep. I don't get migrating thankfully, but I believe they're awful.

Have you ever eaten actual chocolate in bed, accidentally lost a portion of it without noticing, and woken up in the morning with a chocolate stain in the bed that sets off the panic before you're fully awake and realise what's happened?

No, I haven't either...

Have to stay up for the night, getting tired already. This is going to suck.

kowloon wrote: »
    Have you ever eaten actual chocolate in bed, accidentally lost a portion of it without noticing, and woken up in the morning with a chocolate stain in the bed that sets off the panic before you're fully awake and realise what's happened?

No, I haven't either...

Have to stay up for the night, getting tired already. This is going to suck.

Eh no, I haven't!

Sorry you have to stay up, I'm off to bed now 😴, night all.

Why so, Kowloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Why so, Kowloon?

Off for tests quite early in the morning and if I manage to get to sleep I'm not waking up. I've become a VERY heavy sleeper and I can't afford to miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Anyoone else dranking or is it jost me and LER? :cool::cool:;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I'm still here Deebs, sipping at a bottle of Heineken:D

kowloon wrote: »
    Off for tests quite early in the morning and if I manage to get to sleep I'm not waking up. I've become a VERY heavy sleeper and I can't afford to miss them.

Hope it's not an all day affair and you can catch up on your zzzz's after.

ETA: don't forget to read the chapter Marx!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cookie crumbs everywhere, regrets? Not a one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Grem did you see Motogp yesterday ??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm kitchen side having breakfast. I'm really tired. Last week I did only the usual 40 hours but over six days and I sort of feel like I haven't had an actual break. Trying not to moan because it could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

kitchenside with a glass of OJ. Heading workside soon.
    Have a good day one and all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Best of luck with your tests today Kowloon and I hope they don't take forever.

I also hope all goes well for your partner today Jupiterkid.

I'm in the lovely lovely bed and I am refusing to get out any time soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Work side looking out at the sun

Happy Monday :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Staying in my OH’s place on the Southside, laptop open in front of me trying to edit stuff I’m working on for an academic paper due to be published at the end of the year. I can’t really focus or concentrate TBH.

OH is in hospital undergoing surgery (fairly straightforward procedure, so nothing to be alarmed about!) under general anaesthetic and I dropped him off to the hospital very early this morning - and expect a phone call later this afternoon to collect him.

Bit anxious for him but I’ve been assured everything will be fine. Here’s hoping.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

4Ad wrote: »
    Grem did you see Motogp yesterday ??

Nope :(

Got kidnapped for a spin around connemara though

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Just washed a massive pile of dishes, I miss having a dishwasher so much :( according to himself dishwashers are for posh people, Sassenachs are weird!

Now I'm reclining on the couch eating grapes and watching a documentary about Tutankhamun:D

I hope you hear news soon about your OH Jupiterkid so you can relax a bit.

• Advertisement

I hope all goes well today kowloon and Jupiter.

Another gorgeous day here and I'm going to head out to the garden. Expect more poor spelling later from a combination of heat induced confusion and tiredness, NOT alcohol! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement