Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

... You have to spill the details now :)
    Do I really? Ok Sexual Healing is playing right now..lol

Sorry I was in the car. Here it is now... I think we can all agree this has to be Sephs house..

529454.jpeg

That is one big pu….Cat.lol

... You have to spill the details now :)

I won't be cruel. It was with a lovely person from Krakow. I was beyond nervous at first but their smile just put me at ease. We had a lot in common surprisingly. It is still early days but I can't help thinking about them.

That makes me seem sad and lonely but I promise that is not true. Just they have peaked my interest in a way that hasn't been done in a long time. I hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭thomil

Hope you feel better soon, thomil.

Thanks. Locking the company laptop into a closet for two weeks is supposed to be a pretty good remedy, so that's what I just did :D

On a completely unrelated not, does anyone have any experience with getting a pick-up for a COVID test when you can't drive?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Still sad though Diamonds

Thanks Grem but it really won't be that big of a deal. I'll get to go in time and sure don't you know by then I'll have grown in height and reduced in weight :D

• Advertisement

Thanks Grem but it really won't be that big of a deal. I'll get to go in time and sure don't you know by then I'll have grown in height and reduced in weight :D

I still hope your big day is magical for you and the groom when it comes. Crazy times we are living in now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

stripped naked and searched thoroughly :)

Ohhh my !

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

thomil wrote: »
    Thanks. Locking the company laptop into a closet for two weeks is supposed to be a pretty good remedy, so that's what I just did :D

On a completely unrelated not, does anyone have any experience with getting a pick-up for a COVID test when you can't drive?

I had to insist they sent the tester to me. It's within walking distance but I was feeling very unwell and can't leave my Dad alone for long and they obliged by sending the ambulance service. I

Speaking of Grumpy, he was discharged yesterday. His hernia has been left on the long finger. While I was waiting for the ambulance on Wednesday he had a TIA (mini stroke) so the physicians gave him a very thorough check over (scans, bloods, the works) and adjusted his Meds and arranged follow up via gp. Had a massive fright, obviously, but he's fine atm. We knew this would happen but his scans don't show imminent danger of a 'big one' . They can't always be certain obviously, but I'm as reassured as I can be. Overall, delighted with the response of the medical team, disgusted by the surgical team who don't want to go near him to even assess the risk and don't get me started about the p1ss poor communication, his lost trousers and the phone call at 5.30 am on Thurs morning from an on call doc to get the medical history I'd given three times already that day and which she would have had access to in notes but couldn't be bothered to ask for in the e.d.. You can imagine the adrenaline dump I got when the phone woke me up at that hour. I'm still getting over the fright, TBH, between that and watching him have the TIA which I thought was him stroking out on me.

Now, I'm just taking it easy, trying to enjoy the fact he's doing OK. Sad Mr Sardi can't visit, again. It's going to be a very tough few weeks.

Mind yer selves, my lovely wherers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside listening to unknown fm deep in thought.
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    I had to insist they sent the tester to me. It's within walking distance but I was feeling very unwell and can't leave my Dad alone for long and they obliged by sending the ambulance service. I

Speaking of Grumpy, he was discharged yesterday. His hernia has been left on the long finger. While I was waiting for the ambulance on Wednesday he had a TIA (mini stroke) so the physicians gave him a very thorough check over (scans, bloods, the works) and adjusted his Meds and arranged follow up via gp. Had a massive fright, obviously, but he's fine atm. We knew this would happen but his scans don't show imminent danger of a 'big one' . They can't always be certain obviously, but I'm as reassured as I can be. Overall, delighted with the response of the medical team, disgusted by the surgical team who don't want to go near him to even assess the risk and don't get me started about the p1ss poor communication, his lost trousers and the phone call at 5.30 am on Thurs morning from an on call doc to get the medical history I'd given three times already that day and which she would have had access to in notes but couldn't be bothered to ask for in the e.d.. You can imagine the adrenaline dump I got when the phone woke me up at that hour. I'm still getting over the fright, TBH, between that and watching him have the TIA which I thought was him stroking out on me.

Now, I'm just taking it easy, trying to enjoy the fact he's doing OK. Sad Mr Sardi can't visit, again. It's going to be a very tough few weeks.

Mind yer selves, my lovely wherers

9PwxrCH.gif

Hugs for sardi, my ma had a tia 3 and half years ago from all the stress my brother was causing her at the time, I'll never forget coming down and finding her in the state I did, I was bawling my eyes out down the phone to the ambulance dispatcher, thankfully she recovered but It frightened the life out of me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh Sardi, effing traumatic ouch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardi, I hope your dad is ok. Unfortunately hospital is no place for the sick these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside watching the Good Doctor. beer in hand and a chinese on the way.
    Hope ye are all well:)
    Sardi, hope everything works out that early morning call would have knocked me for six

votecounts wrote: »
    Couchside watching the Good Doctor. beer in hand and a chinese on the way.
    Hope ye are all well:)
    Sardi, hope everything works out that early morning call would have knocked me for six

It did me but I think the Dr came out worse by the time I finished with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,064 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sorry to hear this news about your dad.

To thine own self be true

Sorry to hear this news about your dad.

He's alright now, thanks, Purple. Happy out watching Heartbeat! I wouldnt want to check my own blood pressure at the moment, mind :P

He's alright now, thanks, Purple. Happy out watching Heartbeat! I wouldnt want to check my own blood pressure at the moment, mind :P

You are a champion Sardonicat, and may the Good Lord bless and keep you.

Ohhh my !

tenor.gif

My fridge is spotless now Seph :)

Is it emanating a warm, pink glow of contentment and smoking a ciggie as well?

Ohhh is it now 😏😏

🤣🤣

Hmmm.. that's a loaded statement .Dont mind her Sephers, my tumble dryer is gleaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Not able for all the innuendos in here tonight :pac:

Watching The Green Mile on TV, or virgin one as it's now called .
    One brilliant film imo .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah right Mam :P

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Not able for all the innuendos in here tonight :pac:

Watching The Green Mile on TV, or virgin one as it's now called .
    One brilliant film imo .

I'm watching The Crown. I've only a few episodes left in season 3.

I'm watching The Crown. I've only a few episodes left in season 3.

Oh that's a good show, can't wait for more although i am having a hard time with one piece of casting! :o

Yeah right Mam :P

Grem :eek:

I'll miss half of them anyway as I'm due to get glitched out again !

And I just did...

You have plenty of imagination Mam ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

watching The Haunting of Bly Manor here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭thomil

Thanks, now I have this mental image of the doctor disappearing in a jet of flame emanating from her phone, resulting in a small pile of ashes topped by two confused looking eyes :eek: :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

thomil wrote: »
    Thanks, now I have this mental image of the doctor disappearing in a jet of flame emanating from her phone, resulting in a small pile of ashes topped by two confused looking eyes :eek: :D

This is brilliant mental picture painting, love it :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement