Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I’ll ask her, but she’s gone back to sleep 😸

Only eat my prawns and pastries anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Slow day in here again . Cool enough out there today , just had coffee, with a pudding in toast sandwich, time to light the fire !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

Homeside after a COVID test, recovering from being bounced around the back roads of Cork in the back of an Army van :pac:

To all those who get tested regularly, I don't know how you do it. It felt like the guy was drilling for oil :eek:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Afternoon all,
    Couchside watching the news, probably head in to town later for a few pints later, will wrap up well:D

My knee has been sore all week. Sort of ... Tight feeling?! It's been getting worse but since I have chronic back/shoulder pain, I sometimes feel like a big old whinge so I was trying to ignore it and didn't say anything to my partner or anyone. Last night he noticed I was limping a little and asked if I was ok and I just brushed it off as nothing. Not that he minds me grumbling but more I'm sick of listening to myself.

Anyway... I'm in the kitchen now doing some cleaning and I stepped toward the sink and all of a sudden my knee did this really loud sort of popping crack. It was SO loud.. I just froze and waited for the pain.. but my knee feels totally normal again now. Should I be worried??? Is my knee cap gonna fall off in a few minutes? Is it too good to be true?!? I did have this feeling all week that I just needed to crack it.

• Advertisement

In glorious bed while coffee is being made for me. Then shopping! :D

Have a good day one and all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Long lie in this morning, just getting out of bed now. Then off to the pool for a good swim.

Taking it easy for the rest of the day - maybe get back into the novel I’ve left aside the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭3d4life

Cool here too.

Diamond's bed is the warmest place to be ... and ... its a vast four poster :P

@Thomil - Blog material ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside after a walk, no sour dough left when I went to the bakery :'(

I stepped toward the sink and all of a sudden my knee did this really loud sort of popping crack. It was SO loud.. I just froze and waited for the pain.. but my knee feels totally normal again now. Should I be worried??? Is my knee cap gonna fall off in a few minutes? Is it too good to be true?!? I did have this feeling all week that I just needed to crack it.

Sometimes that's all you to happen it......but I made an appointment for you with doctor cat all the same :3.

Oe7DPBhpi3bcgbg78M2ezgTtUZwsg33gDg25p3pntJ0ZbCgT3PQiQwdmnv5IsFTS6vqmKBVfOUXJ54APghgfyktDhs2ZMYgH-bAEdEerHSeyyMvKZyP8MfDy-8IoZobuFGpTER_JoCbwPUYfYoKEfu6NBu-A7W2gDoTwaA

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Tableside after booking a hair appointment for next week, fingers crossed they're still open. :eek:

Very dull here after a lovely sunny yesterday, and it doesn't look like it's going to brighten up. I might just laze about the place for the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

thomil wrote: »
    Homeside after a COVID test, recovering from being bounced around the back roads of Cork in the back of an Army van :pac:

To all those who get tested regularly, I don't know how you do it. It felt like the guy was drilling for oil :eek:

Hope you get a (not)positive result Thomil :)

Sitting in the car waiting on son , have both fires lit at home so looking forward to getting back and closing the door to the outside world for a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

At a drive in bingo and after this they have all been called off, my poor father has no idea what he’s going to do as it was his one outlet. Go away virus!!!

So I’m currently Carside in a field :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »
    At a drive in bingo and after this they have all been called off, my poor father has no idea what he’s going to do as it was his one outlet. Go away virus!!!

you could do a DIY game at home.

Full House = you cook him a dinner of his choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    you could do a DIY game at home.

Full House = you cook him a dinner of his choice.

Or over zoom if his bingo friends are any way tech savvy.

Nearly time to turn the lights on here, winter is definitely on the way!

3d4life wrote: »
    Cool here too.

Diamond's bed is the warmest place to be ... and ... its a vast four poster :P

@Thomil - Blog material ?

Curiouser and Curiouser 3d :p

I am carside. All of Dubland is in Liffey Valley.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, horizontal, listening to Underworld on Spotify on my iPad. Chilled...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Seeing as you are in the car, some car kareoke (sp?)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Curiouser and Curiouser 3d :p

I am carside. All of Dubland is in Liffey Valley.

Oh, how us Liffey Valley these days? Saw many a film in the cinema. The loneliest bus stop in the world is the one in Liffey Valley.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh, how us Liffey Valley these days? Saw many a film in the cinema. The loneliest bus stop in the world is the one in Liffey Valley.

I've never stood at it Sardi but did frequent now and then the one outside on the n4. Creepy auld spot when it gets dark.

It's busy but very well controlled. Lots of security people about the place directing shoppers and ensuring people wear masks. Every person I saw had one on. Shops like Marks and Dunnes are comfortable because they are so big and no queues to enter. Penneys had a queue but I no longer go near it on a weekend.

How is your dad?

That's the stop I mean, Diamonds. Yeah, I'd either be surrounded by screaming teens or all alone watching the headlights fly by. Very alienating experience.

Dad's OK, thanks for enquiring. More issues today that I won't bore ye with the details of beyond saying there is a possible contra-indication issue with his new meds and I badly need professional advice. Nothing pressing (hopefully! ) but was let down very badly by the pharmacist and the GP's surgery. Ended up having to call the emergency out if hours service for something I shouldn't have to eat into their resources for. Nurse was very reassuring and kind on the call back and am awaiting a Dr call to go through the meds but that could be anytime .

I think this could be the start of our health service buckling. It took 10 mins for the out of hours service to pick up the call. I predict a huge upsurge in hospitalisations over the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's the stop I mean, Diamonds. Yeah, I'd either be surrounded by screaming teens or all alone watching the headlights fly by. Very alienating experience.

Dad's OK, thanks for enquiring. More issues today that I won't bore ye with the details of beyond saying there is a possible contra-indication issue with his new meds and I badly need professional advice. Nothing pressing (hopefully! ) but was let down very badly by the pharmacist and the GP's surgery. Ended up having to call the emergency out if hours service for something I shouldn't have to eat into their resources for. Nurse was very reassuring and kind on the call back and am awaiting a Dr call to go through the meds but that could be anytime .

I think this could be the start of our health service buckling. It took 10 mins for the out of hours service to pick up the call. I predict a huge upsurge in hospitalisations over the next week.

Oh my god, that's alarming.
    Is there any carer's support network you can lean on for help?

To thine own self be true

Oh, there is Purple, but I really need a pharmacist or Doctor to double check his new script. I should not have had to call out-of-hours for that!

Sardi I don't know what to say, that's infuriating at least, dangerous even.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oh, there is Purple, but I really need a pharmacist or Doctor to double check his new script. I should not have had to call out-of-hours for that!

There must be a pharmacy open tomorrow in a town near you. Can you get a lift there and talk to the pharmacist on duty?

To thine own self be true

Jaysus Sardi. It's a mental load keeping the medical balls in the air, not to mention everything else. You do play a blinder though and your dad is lucky to have you.

It is potentially dangerous Grem and this is the reality of an overstretched health service. Not everyone in Dad's position is fortunate enough to have a carer at all, least of all one with the limited background in health that I have. Mistakes will be made and some of them won't be picked up on time or at all and some of them will be fatal. As it is I had to use my own judgement and continue to give him the meds in the hope I wasn't doing more harm than good as he needs them. The out-of-hours nurse was great and we're both now fairly certain there is nothing more than a benign reaction to magnesium but I need the doc to be certain

ETA: just off the phone from an absolute hero of a doctor who confirmed the nurses suspicions. A pure gent, very patient and kind and asked me to put the phone on speaker to speak to my Dad. I thought it was to ask him some health related questions but it was to tell him he was lucky to have me! I'm actually in tears at his kindness. And you guys, thank you all so much for your support ×

Sardi, i am fcuking delighted for that outcome, been on the receiving end of a mixed up med or two, so glad you got some great people to sort things out, but don't undersell yourself, well feckin spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Glad you got it sorted Sardi, ((Hugs))

Home now and we won €100 and a bottle of whiskey. :)

To the people who said cook my dad dinner etc I already do that But thanks for the ideas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Opened a bottle of wine that someone gave me 9 years ago and its gorgeous.

• Advertisement

Glad you got it sorted Sardi, ((Hugs))

Home now and we won €100 and a bottle of whiskey. :)

To the people who said cook my dad dinner etc I already do that But thanks for the ideas :)

Two prizes!? Good ones at that. Definitely do the lotto and euro millions!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement