Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

200 cases today, looks like the lockdown for Kildare will be extended.

I wonder how it will go when all work places, schools and unis go back?
    when pubs and schools go back there will truly be a clusterfcuk:(
    no political leadership either

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching Rocky V on it 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭3d4life

votecounts wrote: »
    Felt we had it under control until a few weeks ago, now we're looking at 200 cases in one day again, need a large drink.

Not just RoI - rising in much of Euroland ... your actual second wave arrives....?

I hope Twirlagig is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What’s this about Tipp??? Dangerous over that side of the border :D;)

I’m back in the lovely Kilkenny :)

• Advertisement

Work.
    Night 3 of 3.
    Wishing the night away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

there were positive cases in Tipperary, in a mushroom factory apparently.:( Everyone there is being tested/or has been

there were positive cases in Tipperary, in a mushroom factory apparently.:( Everyone there is being tested/or has been

That was the mushroom factory in Golden? As long as it keeps over that side of the county :D you’d swear I had dealings with Tipp people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

3d4life wrote: »
    Not just RoI - rising in much of Euroland ... your actual second wave arrives....?

People are acting like it doesn't exist. We are not seeing deaths because the vulnerable are sequestered and seasonal respiratory problems that would complicated covid are on summer respite. I've got no words for how angry I am at the stupidity and selfishness of people and the lack of any enforceable rules.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Watching Rocky V on it 4.

tumblr_nl9xs2L0Ul1uqsuxoo2_500.gifv

:pac:
    I hope Twirlagig is alright.

Another closed account, feel sad now.

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    That was the mushroom factory in Golden? As long as it keeps over that side of the county :D you’d swear I had dealings with Tipp people :D

yep thats the one

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

tumblr_nl9xs2L0Ul1uqsuxoo2_500.gifv

:pac:

Another closed account, feel sad now.

I was going to say great gif Seph , but Twirlagig?
    Ah no :(

Sardonicat wrote: »
    People are acting like it doesn't exist. We are not seeing deaths because the vulnerable are sequestered and seasonal respiratory problems that would complicated covid are on summer respite. I've got no words for how angry I am at the stupidity and selfishness of people and the lack of any enforceable rules.

I think there are people who are struggling to cope and managing their own response to it as best they can. We just don't know how each person is experiencing this crisis and what crosses they have to carry. I'm angry too but its with Covid.

I have a tonne of compassion for every person in the world right now as we face this. There are those who are scared of getting it, either rationally or not. Doesn't matter. The fear is real. I know because I battle my own.

I've believed from the very beginning it wasn't going anywhere in a hurry and we would just have to live with it as best and as safely as we can. The low deaths may be because the age demographic has changed. Or maybe...dare I hope.....its weakening. That's how I cope. Holding on to little bits of "it won't leave but maybe it will be less".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

I think it's helpful for people, in this time of uncertainty, to be thankful for what they have.

We'll get there lads eventually. All's not lost. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I'm in Aherlow not too far from Golden. Huge feeling of unease as everyone tries to think about where they have been and who they were in contact with.

Onshuh wrote: »
    I think it's helpful for people, in this time of uncertainty, to be thankful for what they have.

We'll get there lads eventually. All's not lost. :)

Definitely. Maybe even writing it all down :)

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I'm in Aherlow not too far from Golden. Huge feeling of unease as everyone tries to think about where they have been and who they were in contact with.

I have friends living in Kilfeacle and like yourself they’ve been tracing back where they’ve been the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I have friends living in Kilfeacle and like yourself they’ve been tracing back where they’ve been the last few weeks.

I have really only been in work but the problem is I work in a Garda station and Cashel is in our district.

Biggest worry is my Mam is 75 and I have been to her house a few times. Will have to pull back now for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It's crap the numbers are rising again - thankfully death rates are low but perhaps that's time dependent ; it's a filthy disease.

I hope you all keep safe, it's been a really trying year and this can have an affect on people in a lot of different ways. I have resigned our household to keeping a low profile until a vaccine is found or the virus burns itself out.

I'm raising a glass of red to the latter, or former earlier ʕ´• ᴥ•̥`ʔ

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside
    Samsgirl wrote: »
    Biggest worry is my Mam is 75 and I have been to her house a few times. Will have to pull back now for a while.

My parents catching it is my biggest worry as well, both in early 70's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

The heat! Goodnight :)

Onshuh wrote: »
    The heat! Goodnight :)

Night John boy..............or Mary Ellen.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Not scared of catching it, but I don't want to be the one that passes it on to people. That said, I'm in the high-V. High risk group so it would be better if I didn't get it.

Anyway, back to important things. What level of M. C. Escher hell is this advert from?
    89b55662-fb84-4d81-ab08-1bdce03ede55.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Night all :) Off to do some serious thinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Way too close for comfort for me, I’m only in the road from it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I think there are people who are struggling to cope and managing their own response to it as best they can. We just don't know how each person is experiencing this crisis and what crosses they have to carry. I'm angry too but its with Covid.

I have a tonne of compassion for every person in the world right now as we face this. There are those who are scared of getting it, either rationally or not. Doesn't matter. The fear is real. I know because I battle my own.

Not a while lot of fear to be found in the people travelling overseas and not isolating on return. No fear shown by those going to the house parties. No fear shown by those going I to pubs blatantly ignoring all the rules. No fear shown by the countless people posting on here to lock up the vulnerable and open up the country. No enforcement either. I've no compassion for those people. They're not scared. Just selfish and stupid.

Bedside

Rather annoyed, I was watching holby city videos that someone shared by onedrive, but some idiot has corrupted the videos so they're no longer watchable. Thankfully the user who put them up is aware of the issue and is trying to fix them, but its very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, like a lot of posters of here, I wouldn't be in the high risk group but I dread catching it and giving it my parents or family who might be in high risk group. Trying to limit contact with them for the time being which is hard as we're close, that said has to be done. Anyway I digress, night one and all and to those working late, take care.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's a worrisome time, i feel extra on edge, almost holding my breath again.

• Advertisement

Morning all :) Happy Sunday!!!

Bedside

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement