Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Something medium sized and black. I need to narrow it down a bit!

My Rebel 450 was a good size ...and about all I could handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Clean knickers and motorbikes, never let it be said we're a boring bunch.

Although I'm beyond bored, nothing to do and all day to do it. I'll have to hatch some sort of plan for tomorrow because I don't have much work to do.

Glad you're better, Jupiter! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Its been a long time since I had a bike so might go with a cafe racer to start. Don't judge me!!

I'm a sports bike kinda gal... Though the helmet has been hung up and winks at me from the spare room.... Mocking me so it is :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and hunky dories salt 'n' vinegar.
    Cbr 650r or suzuki sv 650 :D

Otherwise get a blade, but try and not kill yourself :)

Pwincess is a biker :eek: I've an image in my head now of you riding around on a harley with tiara on your head and a long floaty dress :D :pac:

Next you'll be telling us you're a member of the hell's angels :pac:

It's Sundays 503s and database errors. This is my second attempt to post this, it was just 503s originally.

It's begun ... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's Sundays 503s and database errors. This is my second attempt to post this, it was just 503s originally.

It's begun ... :rolleyes:

Annnnnnd too many connections and a double post!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's only just begun. ..

Evenings drawing in fairly quickly now..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At home, feeling pretty upset. :(

My cousin phoned me earlier to tell me that her sister, my cousin Claire, is terminally Ill in hospital and will be transferred over to hospice care tomorrow.

Because of the Covid-19 restrictions, the hospital are only letting one family member in at a time - my uncle and aunt have already both been in to see her - she has had four serious heart attacks already in the past 10 days and they have been told that it is now only a matter of weeks at the very most.

Claire has had chronic long-term health issues for most of her life and was on the waiting list for a kidney transplant - but given the serious turn for the worse in the past 10 days, she will not now be a candidate for transplant as she is too far gone. :(

My OH and I visited her last summer and I gave her a piece of art that I painted for her- she was so pleased to get it. Given what has now happened, I am so glad to have seen her last year. Claire just turned 50 in July. A very good, decent person who has a calm and gentle way about her.

My cousin told me that it would be very unlikely that the hospital or the hospice would allow relatives other than immediate family to see her given the restrictions.

So there it is - one cousin on my mum’s side of the family lost in July and another - on my father’s side - with just weeks to live.

Couchside. I met the nicest people today. They were so warm and welcoming to me. They are going to be part of my life so am only delighted :)

Will have to take a trip down to no mans land in a few days see how the daddy is managing. The Covid restrictions have taken their toll on him. He's a perfect example of how some things can be worse than an illness.

• Advertisement

@Jupiter, you've been through the mill :( I'm sorry to read your sad news. Feel free to drop me a message anytime x

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting looking out at a very still night , not a leaf blowing here .

ETA,
    Was stuck in the glitch .

Jupiterkid, so sorry about your cousin , very heartbreaking news to deal with , look after yourself as best as you can and take time out for yourself if possible too .

Deskside with a cupan tae and hunky dories salt 'n' vinegar.

Pwincess is a biker :eek: I've an image in my head now of you riding around on a harley with tiara on your head and a long floaty dress :D :pac:

Next you'll be telling us you're a member of the hell's angels :pac:

Route 66 on a harley was on the bucket list.... I'm nothing if not original :D

Went to a "bike week" in the States... That was an experience.. Good craic, though one of the most funniest bits was seeing a horse walk into a bar.... Seriously only in the States.... It was a police horse and I think there may have been rival gangs, but still good craic :)

JupiterKid wrote: »
    At home, feeling pretty upset. :(

My cousin told me that it would be very unlikely that the hospital or the hospice would allow relatives other than immediate family to see her given the restrictions.

So there it is - one cousin on my mum’s side of the family lost in July and another - on my father’s side - with just weeks to live.

I know it's not the same but could you do a zoom meeting when your other cousin visits her?

At least you'd get to chat.

Look after yourself. X

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Deskside - soon to bed. Tired and tired.

Sorry to hear about your cousin Jupiter. I'm getting to the age now where life is no longer taken for granted - I treasure each day, and a life can be lived there too (I'm sure your cousin has done this, illness focusses things) - it's just such a f*cker that covid is robbing the family of closeness at this time. It's something we will all need, but we all don't get near the end.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That's tough Jupiter. Very hard to know a loved one is fading and not be able to see them and share your love for them one last time.

The zoom call or even a phone call is a good idea, you could let her sibling know it's something you'd be willing to do if she wants to and is able.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, heading to zzz soon,
    Jupiter, you're really having a tough time, she's in my prayers, take care of yourself.
    Night all
    I second the phone call or zoom idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Pretzill wrote: »
    Deskside - soon to bed. Tired and tired.

Sorry to hear about your cousin Jupiter. I'm getting to the age now where life is no longer taken for granted - I treasure each day, and a life can be lived there too (I'm sure your cousin has done this, illness focusses things) - it's just such a f*cker that covid is robbing the family of closeness at this time. It's something we will all need, but we all don't get near the end.

X
    100000000% Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside after what ended up being quite a good night :)

Jupiter, I’m so sorry to hear about your cousin, that must be just heartbreaking to hear. I’m thinking of you and your family and sending you all love x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@JK, sorry to hear your news, hang in there.

• Advertisement

I hate these middle of the night phone calls from the Cook Islands or similar, I know that they want me to answer so that they make money, but at 4am, they are annoying.

Breakfast and work time for me on what appears to be a beautiful clear blue sky day.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Am I the only one delighted that the weather is wet and moody today? It makes me so excited for autumn. I hate summertime.

Sitting here debating whether to do my shopping straight after work this morning, or have a sleep and then go.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jupiter, I'm so sorry about your cousin x

MzMurfy wrote: »
    Am I the only one delighted that the weather is wet and moody today? It makes me so excited for autumn. I hate summertime.
    o.

You should try my location, clear blue skies and expected 43C, only positive is the low humidity

So sorry to hear your news JK

Working early today. Tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Well sh!te on it. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

smurfjed wrote: »
    You should try my location, clear blue skies and expected 43C, only positive is the low humidity

That sounds like hell on earth! You poor thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry to hear about your cousin JK. There is always someone about here if you need a distraction chat,

Deskside, want to be back pillowside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry to hear about your cousin jk *bro hugs*

Bedside , with Tae and toast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, thinking what I need to get done first today.

Thank you all so much for your kind words of support and sympathy. They really mean a lot to me. :)

I will have to phone both my sisters this morning to tell them the sad news. Not looking forward to it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement