Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I dunno can we condemn him on that, I mean he has always been pretty consistent in his standards of proof required before passing judgements hasn't he?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think this story that was first broken in the Atlantic and confirmed by the at least four other newspapers/ TV networks may not be easy to brush off. I see a new quote referring to Vietnam and president trump is reported to have said people who served in Vietnam were losers for not being able to get out of serving which considering he got out of going to Vietnam, presumably he’d class himself as being a winner.

He’s also quoted as wondering why the US spends money on finding solider who are missing. It’s not new that trump sees the world through money but as I said he’s made a mess of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think this story that was first broken in the Atlantic and confirmed by the at least four other newspapers/ TV networks may not be easy to brush off. I see a new quote referring to Vietnam and president trump is reported to have said people who served in Vietnam were losers for not being able to get out of serving which considering he got out of going to Vietnam, presumably he’d class himself as being a winner.

He’s also quoted as wondering why the US spends money on finding solider who are missing. It’s not new that trump sees the world through money but as I said he’s made a mess of this.

It also confirmed the parts of Mary Trump's book where she claimed that Don Jr and Tiffany would be cut off if they joined the military

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The death rate in US per million has outpaced Sweden now, a country that chose to do nothing about Covid. Well done Trump for making something like wearing masks and distancing a political matter.

Sweden did plenty about Covid. Social distancing came easier to them than most other countries. Kids were sent home from school (older ones). Masks were voluntary and most people used them.

But, that's a diversion. The US Covid response, entirely on the #IMPOTUS, is a failure and it's going to get worse before it gets better, whenever that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Is see the most peaceful president of modern times has publicly asked Iran not to use the death penalty against a peaceful protester. Google it if you dont believe me.

I dont remember any of the so called left leaning candidates going out of their way to fight the death penalty in that part of the world. Then again I dont remember any of them not picking one of them countries to start bombing to deliver them "FREEDOM".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Is see the most peaceful president of modern times has publicly asked Iran not to use the death penalty against a peaceful protester. Google it if you dont believe me.

I dont remember any of the so called left leaning candidates going out of their way to fight the death penalty in that part of the world. Then again I dont remember any of them not picking one of them countries to start bombing to deliver them "FREEDOM".

And I'm sure they will listen to him after he used the death penalty against one of their top generals in a targeted assassination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

And I'm sure they will listen to him after he used the death penalty against one of their top generals in a targeted assassination.

Well Id do what he asked in fairness, would you not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

True; Trump prefers to launch drone strikes instead; or have you forgotten Soleimani killed in a Iraq earlier this year? I mean Trump don't even bother to pretend to care about the locals; it's only for him to get something to gloat about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

'Used the death penalty' implies there were court proceedings and a verdict handed down. He was an unsavoury character, but what Trump did was more in line with the IRAs murder of Lord Mount batten or the far right murder of German politician Walter Lubcke last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Are you trying to say that you do in fact actually agree with the US policy under previous presidents that has escalated under Trump of bombing countries into submission?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Dana White asked him to help and he sent the tweet.

Now, if you don't know what's wrong with that particular situation or the problems it presents shall we say I just don't have the time or the energy to get into that one today but yeah, I'm sure trump requesting anything of Iran is just what they would appreciate and guaranteed to help the man in question.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Why would you do whatever he asked of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump asking Fox News to fire Jennifer Griffin, National Security Corr, the journalist who confirmed The Atlantic story.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/05/trump-fox-news-journalist-jennifer-griffin-soldiers-losers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Water John wrote: »
    Trump asking Fox News to fire Jennifer Griffin, National Security Corr, the journalist who confirmed The Atlantic story.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/05/trump-fox-news-journalist-jennifer-griffin-soldiers-losers

Is this an example of the "cancel culture" he so regularly condemns?

Ummmm...
    I'd call him a hypocrite but I'm not sure he'd be able to read coherently from the teleprompter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Kashoggi

His actions confirm the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

The media have been desperate for a long time now trying to stop Trump. More and more people are waking up from the programming and realising this world is controlled by a secret satanic cult. No matter what the media says, more and more people trust Trump rather than those waging the war against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

The media have been desperate for a long time now trying to stop Trump. More and more people are waking up from the programming and realising this world is controlled by a secret satanic cult. No matter what the media says, more and more people trust Trump rather than those waging the war against him.

You're going to need to provide some evidence to back up your claims. It seems almost like an assumed fact among certain conspiracy types, so it shouldn't be hard to provide overwhelming documentary proof.

What's the cult's name?

How long has it been around?

What's their end goal?

Who's the leader?

Who's in it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

User banned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I don't pretend to know the details of the case, but talk about unwanted/unhelpful interference!

I'd say that protester is doubly ****ed if Trump asked Iran to spare him. Can you imagine any of the ruling class in Iran who might have been veering towards clemency responding to the 'arch-Satan' by agreeing to Donald Trump's request?

Jeez!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Funny that one, how come Trump said nothing to Putin about bounties on US soldiers with several very suspect killings already.

I suppose Trump was consistent with himself on that one if you think about it; if you see soldiers as losers or suckers, why would you care?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭amandstu

strandroad wrote: »
    I suppose Trump was consistent with himself on that one if you think about it; if you see soldiers as losers or suckers, why would you care?

He cares about the Confederate soldiers.They weren't losers ,obviously.

I'm looking forward to reading Peter Strzok's memoir that's being published next week. It's gonna be a busy month with books from Strzok, Woodward, Cohen as well as "Proof of Corruption ". And then there's the Brendan Gleeson portrayal of Trump that's eagerly awaited at the end of the month...

This is amazing reporting given that it is coming FROM Fox News. It's backing up everything previously reported by The Atlantic..

https://twitter.com/5DollarFeminist/status/1302004772199968770?s=03

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    This is amazing reporting given that it is coming FROM Fox News. It's backing up everything previously reported by The Atlantic..

https://twitter.com/5DollarFeminist/status/1302004772199968770?s=03

The Murdoch's have perhaps realized that another 4yrs of Trump will destroy the Republic?
    If America descends into even more chaos, there won't be anyone left to consume Fox news or entertainment.
    And sure while America might proclaim death to Tyrants!
    It's a nation that is built on consumption and as such...
    The consumer is king.

Fox employ some quality reporters, and this story is a sign that when they are given their head.
    They can still perform and deliver.

That said, so many Trumpists have nailed themselves to the deck of his MAGA racist death cult...
    That his base will just shrug off all this and carry on trying to own the "left and communist libtards".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

amandstu wrote: »
    He cares about the Confederate soldiers.They weren't losers ,obviously.
    The confederacy lasted 4 years and a few months.

So not much more than the time between the last presidential election and the next swearing in.

And not a lot to be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

banie01 wrote: »
    The Murdoch's have perhaps realized that another 4yrs of Trump will destroy the Republic?
    If America descends into even more chaos, there won't be anyone left to consume Fox news or entertainment.
    And sure while America might proclaim death to Tyrants!
    It's a nation that is built on consumption and as such...
    The consumer is king.

Fox employ some quality reporters, and this story is a sign that when they are given their head.
    They can still perform and deliver.

That said, so many Trumpists have nailed themselves to the deck of his MAGA racist death cult...
    That his base will just shrug off all this and carry on trying to own the "left and communist libtards".

Some in-depth analysis here by Fox showing Trump in serious trouble in two key states and losing by a small margin in a third.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Must say the last 24 hours has been highly enjoyable. I dont think Ive ever seen such a backlash to anything Trump has said in the way that this backlash is happening. There are retired military men all over Twitter holding up their medals and condemning Trump in no uncertain terms. Then he called for Jennifer Griffin of Fox to be fired for confirming the reports and she fired straight back by going live on Fox saying she stood by her anonymous sources and that those sources "are not anonymous to the President", ouch!

I dont think Trump could have shot himself in the foot any better than insulting the military in the way he has. Its been truly glorious.

Some in-depth analysis here by Fox showing Trump in serious trouble in two key states and losing by a small margin in a third.
    Further to the arizona situation, the Trump campaign has been reported as having cancelled all advertising in the Phoenix area previously scheduled to run between 8th and 14th September.

Crazy stuff! Unless they're broke?

https://www.alternet.org/2020/09/the-trump-campaign-is-broke/

• Advertisement

So Fox News is denying Jennifer griffin confirmed the reports of trump using suckers and losers even after they aired her saying it.

And Donald trump has said his administration hasn’t seen any evidence that the Russian opposition leader was poisoned even though Germany has said it happened. Putin must be laughing because the American president is pushing back for them against Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement