Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,385 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Trump supporters are apparently stock piling weapons and in border states such as Texax people are buying military grade firearms from cartels

What are texax people? Are they another new white supremist militia group of orange arse lockers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

sydthebeat wrote: »
    What are texax people? Are they another new white supremist militia group of orange arse lockers?

No just a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I have family in the United states. Two of my relations have sons in the military.
    Before the coronavirus started my dad was over in the states in holiday.
    The topic of Trump inevitably came up and my relations(Trump supporters) said if he loses the election he feels that Trump will have the support of the military to take over control of the government permanently.

They said they would support this type of coup and think its possible that certain sections have already started training for it.

Trump supporters are apparently stock piling weapons and in border states such as Texax people are buying military grade firearms from cartels

You give an American soldier the choice President or constitution and I guarantee they choose constitution every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hell, in the not too distant future, the NRA (and the GOP) will be using this as evidence that the 2A must not be interfered with.

Funnily enough, that BS won't float.
    If the 2A is to defend against a tyrannical Government?
    Surely every right wing 2A'r and flag kissing proponent of freedom needs to be in Portland defending those protestors?

There has been no pushback by 2A'rs as those toy soldiers are afraid to raise their heads above the parapet on current issues and particular current federal efforts at "crowd control" as it would expose them as complete hypocrites.

If the US Constitution matters, it must be applicable to all equally.
    That the 2A'rs are largely invisible in what is the greatest powergrab and concurrent federal intervention in states rights since the civil war is frankly proof that many in that camp only pay lip service to the amendment and it's spirit.

I have family in the United states. Two of my relations have sons in the military.
    The topic of Trump inevitably came up and my relations(Trump supporters) said if he loses the election he feels that Trump will have the support of the military to take over control of the government permanently.

They said they would support this type of coup and think its possible that certain sections have already started training for it.

The weirdest part is based on your postings, I'm assuming you'd support that... It's still complete nonsense and will not occur.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    tbf I think they already are tbh. I think they are tied into Trump now like a symbiotic bond and they refuse to see the truth or their world would crumble

They could take to the streets with weapons and masks. Its definitely possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

This is the funniest thing I have read on Boards in a long time, is this a serious post?

Roanmore wrote: »
    This is the funniest thing I have read on Boards in a long time, is this a serious post?

When Trump marched out to the Church a few weeks ago the Head of the Military apologised afterwards and said he should not have taken part in it.
    You think he's going to support Trump in a coup?

I'd say you'd have more luck pushing this rubbish in the conspiracy theories forum. There is not gonna be a military coup to keep Trump in power. Some niche militias if they try to pull anything will have zero success.

When Trump marched out to the Church a few weeks ago the Head of the Military apologised afterwards and said he should not have taken part in it.
    You think he's going to support Trump in a coup?

I don't think the military would. I didn't say I thought they would either. I shared a story about other people in a USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Trump does not have the balls nor the ability to pull something like that off. As soon as it starts to look like a lost cause he will be out of the game, and it will be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't think the military would. I didn't say I thought they would either. I shared a story about other people in a USA.

You said trump supporters think trump has the support of the military to take over the government permanently if he loses. So if you didn't believe this why did you post the story ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lol, he'll lose and everyone who supported him will slink off and be denying it a couple of years later.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You said trump supporters think trump has the support of the military to take over the government permanently if he loses. So if you didn't believe this why did you post the story ?

What kind of question is that?

Are you asking if I agree with the Americans in question?

Yes you did, you literally said

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I've not heard all of it but I've heard clips of trumps interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News and I'm sorry but the guy isn't right. Something is wrong.

I dont know if theyll show the outtakes, but Trump was dreadful throughout most of it... Wallace played him like yer man in Deliverance playing the banjo...

Yes you did, you literally said

Where is the part where I said I thought the military would support a Trump takeover?

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I dont know if theyll show the outtakes, but Trump was dreadful throughout most of it... Wallace played him like yer man in Deliverance playing the banjo...

I know Chris Wallace is on Fox News now but people forget he's been around for a while so trump is no problem for someone of his experience and his late father was a respected journalist also. Did chris Wallace ask Alexander haig the question after the Reagan assassination attempt which lead to the "I'm in control here at the White House" moment or was that someone else ? I've seen the news coverage of that and I've it in my head he asked the question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,172 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

salmocab wrote: »
    Nonsense
    sydthebeat wrote: »

Enough of this silly nonsense please. It's well below the standard expected in this forum.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

If anything Trump has less support in the military than Republicans generally would have.

• Advertisement

Trump really went above and beyond in showing himself as an incompetent buffoon with no grasp on the facts and figures of the shítstorm he is presiding over.

Wallace's point on the test numbers in particular, that a 34% increase in tests should not equate to to a 194% increase in cases.

Trump is like the worst manager ever who has constantly failed sideways.
    The kind who presents numbers they don't understand in the flashiest way possible, whilst everyone else in the meeting is wondering why they used comic sans on their presentation, and how come Donnie can't count!

banie01 wrote: »
    Trump really went above and beyond in showing himself as an incompetent buffoon with no grasp on the facts and figures of the shítstorm he is presiding over.

Wallace's point on the test numbers in particular, that a 34% increase in tests should not equate to to a 194% increase in cases.

The kind who presents numbers they don't understand in the flashiest way possible, whilst everyone else in the meeting is wondering why they used comic sans on their presentation, and how come Donnie can't count!

That was a brilliant point by a seasoned pro.

That was a brilliant point by a seasoned pro.

Similar work with the mortality rates too.
    He really managed the interview brilliantly and left Trump walk himself into a state of floundering stupidity.

He really managed the interview brilliantly and left Trump walk himself into a state of floundering stupidity.

Well as I said this isn't chris wallaces first rodeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

At one point, Trump insisted that Biden had said, in writing, (in his concordat with Sanders) that he wanted to 'Defund the Police'.

Wallace said No! He did not say that. Trump argued vehemently and stopped the interview insisting that one of his aides go get the document... Needless to say, he couldn't find Biden saying that.... Boy, was he pissed at Wallace!!!

I've checked and it was Lesley stahl who asked the press secretary who was running the government and he made a balls of answering it and SOS Alexander haig answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Well thats Biden fooked then. Donny knows what an elephant looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I know he’s terrible at constructing sentences but when talking about the mortality rates he said something along the lines of I heard we were the best or had the best figures. It really struck me as an odd way to say something that your putting out as a good thing. The ‘I heard’ bit is a bizarre way for a leader to refute a claim.

At one point, Trump insisted that Biden had said, in writing, (in his concordat with Sanders) that he wanted to 'Defund the Police'.

Wallace said No! He did not say that. Trump argued vehemently and stopped the interview insisting that one of his aides go get the document... Needless to say, he couldn't find Biden saying that.... Boy, was he pissed at Wallace!!!

Sure why was he pissed at Wallace for ? He pushed the issue and got the document and was proved wrong. If he'd made his point and Wallace said that's not true and not went to the lengths he did it wouldn't have been as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

salmocab wrote: »
    I know he’s terrible at constructing sentences but when talking about the mortality rates he said something along the lines of I heard we were the best or had the best figures. It really struck me as an odd way to say something that your putting out as a good thing. The ‘I heard’ bit is a bizarre way for a leader to refute a claim.
    Trump always does that when he's lying. He'll say 'I heard' or 'many people are saying'. It's a way of having plausible deniability because if he's proven wrong he can just say 'well that's what I heard' as if it wasn't himself saying it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement