Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

One thing that I think Trump was right about is Biden, and the Democrats as a whole, failure of the black community. Biden said that crime bill brought in under Clinton was wrong, yet the disastrous effects of this have been known for decades now. The Democrats have nothing to reverse the damage it has wrought. The war on drugs continues, millions remain in prison on drug charges and many millions more labeled as felons.

The Obama presidency did little to change that, and iirc actively fought with states that legalised marijuana.

What has Trump done to change it? That is not to limit the error of Biden, but Trump is great at saying stuff, less good actually doing anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Actually the number of black men in us prisons fell quite a bit under Obama, 593k to 476k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭eire4

Yes, we in Europe did such a great job we are now a 200K cases a day.

No question we are in the midst of a second wave in Europe and it is a major concern and there is no question we have got things wrong at times in the EU. If your trying to somehow claim because the US new cases numbers is better then the EU right now that is simply not correct.

The EU population estimate right now is a tad shy of 450 million so roughly about 2,250 cases per million of population rounding out numbers. The US is over 70,000 new cases a day and starting to see their own rise as well. Their population estimate is a tad shy of 330 million. So their current cases per million of population is 4,714 per million of population. Neither numbers are anything to write home about but quite clearly the US is doing a worse job then the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Leroy42 wrote: »
    What has Trump done to change it? That is not to limit the error of Biden, but Trump is great at saying stuff, less good actually doing anything about it.

I'm not arguing for Trump, but the exact accusation fits Biden too, until proven otherwise.

I hope he can be Lydon Johnson to Kennedy, in carrying out policy ideas that Obama wasn't able to deliver on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm not arguing for Trump, but the exact accusation fits Biden too, until proven otherwise.

I hope he can be Lydon Johnson to Kennedy, in carrying out policy ideas that Obama wasn't able to deliver on.

Trump has been in power for the last 4 years, 2 of them controlling all three houses, Biden hasn't

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In other news is Trump healthy enough to survive another term, even with all the work avoidance he uses ? This is AI and there's only a 71% correlation, but he could be the poster boy.
    Speaking in short sentences with less complex grammatical structures, and a repetition of the same words, are often signals that a patient is at a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, as well as other identifiers. All of which a computer can learn to pick up on.

“The most prominent ones are lack of specificity in naming objects and actions, repetitions, and poverty of grammatical constructions,” Guillermo Cecchi, co-author of the study and an IBM principal research staff member told The Register.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Nody wrote: »
    Full control of the house, senate and him being the president he failed to deliver:
    1. Locking up Clinton
    2. Proving mail in fraud
    3. Get a wall let alone get Mexico to pay for it
    4. Remove Obamacare let alone replace it with "something better"
    5. Stop immigration to USA
    6. Clean up the swamp (he's had more people from his staff who've been convicted of crime than any other president)
    7. Get a muslim ban implemented
    8. Bring manufacturing (jobs) back
    9. Renegotiate the Iran deal
    10. ‘Bomb’ and/or ‘take the oil’ from ISIS
    So with having control of all the relevant branches he failed deliver his own promises because of Leftists? Exactly how did they suddenly gain magical power to stop the house and senate to implement his promises?

He had no interest in any of that stuff and I pity anyone who thinks he does.

He wasn't elected to deliver zombie reganism on steroids, but when he got the job my God he really did and that shouldn't have shocked anyone.

Deregulation, tax cuts, oversea interventionism, cronyism and judges for Mc Connell, the stuff you discussed is red meat for the base, he never had any interest in that whatsoever.

I think Trump will look at it and say it was a successful presidency, I am doubtful any other Republican would have been much different maybe bar the incredibly obnoxious tweets and interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

So, one thing I've found with Trump supporters is that they quite often tout his foreign policy as one of his successes. What they always seem to ignore is the irreperable damage the US is doing to it's reputation among its allies and it's reputation as a champion of human rights due to things like this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/abortion-geneva-consensus-declaration-trump-pompeo-azar-us-saudi-arabia-uganda-b1250419.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

duploelabs wrote: »
    Trump has been in power for the last 4 years, 2 of them controlling all three houses, Biden hasn't

Biden was in power for 8 years with Obama, with control of Congress for 2 years, and decades in the Senate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump, Joe Biden.......
    say what you want, those are the atrocious choices the american public had in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

One thing that I think Trump was right about is Biden, and the Democrats as a whole, failure of the black community. Biden said that crime bill brought in under Clinton was wrong, yet the disastrous effects of this have been known for decades now. The Democrats have nothing to reverse the damage it has wrought. The war on drugs continues, millions remain in prison on drug charges and many millions more labeled as felons.

I believe Biden did mention this last night (and there have been other policy statements related to it).

I think their current position is to decriminalise simple drug possession.

Going from his own site:
    Step one of Biden’s plan to tackle the opioid epidemic and substance use disorders is to defeat Trump and then protect and build on Obamacare. And, Biden will pursue a comprehensive, public health approach to deal with opioid and other substance use disorders. His plan will:
      Hold accountable big pharmaceutical companies, executives, and others responsible for their role in triggering the opioid crisis.
      Make effective prevention, treatment, and recovery services available to all, including through a $125 billion federal investment.
      Stop overprescribing while improving access to effective and needed pain management.
      Reform the criminal justice system so that no one is incarcerated for drug use alone.
        Stem the flow of illicit drugs, like fentanyl and heroin, into the United States – especially from China and Mexico.

Now, if it were up to me, I'd favour total legalisation of drugs and virtually any money spent on drug law enforcement moved to regulation and health treatment, but it's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump, Joe Biden.......
      say what you want, those are the atrocious choices the american public had in recent years.

There was nothing really wrong with Hillary at all. Your consumption has conditioned you to think there was.

Biden is old. Il take that.

listermint wrote: »
      There was nothing really wrong with Hillary at all. Your consumption has conditioned you to think there was.

Biden is old. Il take that.

you seriously think Hilary was fine ? Seriously ?

The americans got Trump ahead of her, what does that tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭eire4

Gbear wrote: »
      I believe Biden did mention this last night (and there have been other policy statements related to it).

I think their current position is to decriminalise simple drug possession.

Going from his own site:

Now, if it were up to me, I'd favour total legalisation of drugs and virtually any money spent on drug law enforcement moved to regulation and health treatment, but it's a start.

Totally agree. IMHO All drugs need to be decriminalised and the drug problem needs to be treated as a heath issue and the resources steered away from the police and criminal system and towards treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

That the Americans were deceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Detritus70

It tells me that destroying the educational system has worked a charm for the republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The margin of victory was under 80k votes spread across 2/3 states. Clinton got literally millions more votes than trump. The electoral college is what delivered Donald trump.

The minority of Americans hold sway over the majority. The protest vote, the Russians and a whole host of other reasons combined to give the US trump. Thankfully it's almost over.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭westdublin

Please someone tell me this is a parody :

Pres. Trump is fighting for YOU! Here are some of his priorities for a 2nd term:

*Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon
      *Send the 1st Manned Mission to Mars
      *Build World’s Greatest Infrastructure System
      *Establish National High-Speed Wireless Internet Network
      *Develop a Vaccine by The End Of 2020
      *Make All Critical Medicines and Supplies for Healthcare Workers in The U.S.
      *Refill Stockpiles
      *Further Cut Prescription Drug Prices
      *Lower Healthcare Insurance Premiums
      *End Surprise Billing
      *Cover All Pre-Existing Conditions
      *Continue to Lead the World in Access to the Cleanest Drinking Water and Cleanest Air
      *Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans

I mean they can be that deluded, can they ?

The margin of victory was under 80k votes spread across 2/3 states. Clinton got literally millions more votes than trump. The electoral college is what delivered Donald trump.

The minority of Americans hold sway over the majority. The protest vote, the Russians and a whole host of other reasons combined to give the US trump. Thankfully it's almost over.

In fact its looking like trump will have got more votes against hilary than he will pick up this time against biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

westdublin wrote: »

Pres. Trump is fighting for YOU! Here are some of his priorities for a 2nd term:

*Refill Stockpiles
      *End Surprise Billing
      *Continue to Lead the World in Access to the Cleanest Drinking Water and Cleanest Air

Irish people voted for Fianna Fail last February putting Micheal Martin back in charge after what Fianna Fail did only 9 years previously. Another 3rd of the electorate voted for Sinn Fein, we really are in no position to lecture any other country on how to vote or who to vote for. What Ireland did would be the equivalent of the West German's making Heinrich Himmler Chancellor in around 1954 had he not been hung for his crimes.

• Advertisement

theguzman wrote: »
      Irish people voted for Fianna Fail last February putting Micheal Martin back in charge after what Fianna Fail did only 9 years previously. Another 3rd of the electorate voted for Sinn Fein, we really are in no position to lecture any other country on how to vote or who to vote for. What Ireland did would be the equivalent of the West German's making Heinrich Himmler Chancellor in around 1954 had he not been hung for his crimes.

Any opinion on the post or have you wandered into the wrong thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

westdublin wrote: »

*Refill Stockpiles
      *End Surprise Billing

Where did you get that laughable pile of shíte from? please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

theguzman wrote: »

For all FF's crimes I'd vote for them ahead of Trump, if it were the choice, every day of the week.

Inquitus wrote: »
      Where did you get that laughable pile of shíte from? please?

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1319744882806673408

I am hoping its someone takes the piss

ERADICATE COVID-19

Develop a Vaccine by The End Of 2020
      Return to Normal in 2021
      Make All Critical Medicines and Supplies for Healthcare Workers in The United States
      Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics

DRAIN THE SWAMP

Pass Congressional Term Limits
      End Bureaucratic Government Bullying of U.S. Citizens and Small Businesses
      Expose Washington’s Money Trail and Delegate Powers Back to People and States
      Drain the Globalist Swamp by Taking on International Organizations That Hurt American Citizens

INNOVATE FOR THE FUTURE

Launch Space Force, Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
      Build the World’s Greatest Infrastructure System
      Win the Race to 5G and Establish a National High-Speed Wireless Internet Network
      Continue to Lead the World in Access to the Cleanest Drinking Water and Cleanest Air
      Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans

AMERICA FIRST FOREIGN POLICY

Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
      Get Allies to Pay their Fair Share
      Maintain and Expand America’s Unrivaled Military Strength
      Wipe Out Global Terrorists Who Threaten to Harm Americans
      Build a Great Cybersecurity Defense System and Missile Defense System

DEFEND AMERICAN VALUES

Continue nominating constitutionalist Supreme Court and lower court judges
      Protect unborn life through every means available
      Defend the freedoms of religious believers and organizations
      Support the exercise of Second Amendment rights

That is from his official website, the vaguest polices ever. Most of them are already part of their constitution

Do they realise that his term runs out in 2021 and him focusing on a vaccine by the end of 2020 is completely uninfluenced by the results of the election? Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Do they realise that his term runs out in 2021 and him focusing on a vaccine by the end of 2020 is completely uninfluenced by the results of the election? Christ.

But it's a couple of weeks away

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/23/donald-trump-likes-to-promise-that-details-are-coming-in-a-couple-of-weeks-do-they/

Build a Great Cybersecurity Defense System and Missile Defense System
      Someone better check the passwords when they are done

https://guce.techcrunch.com/copyConsent?sessionId=3_cc-session_d6253eb7-acea-4cdb-a49b-03f0326515dd&lang=en-IE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

In fact its looking like trump will have got more votes against hilary than he will pick up this time against biden.

His vote wasn't even high, I'm pretty sure he won with more votes than Romney lost with 4 years previously in fact.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

dont change the point of my post though

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement