Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Igotadose wrote: »
    Apparently, raccoons mixed it up with some members of the press yesterday near the WH. As Ireland doesn't have raccoons, as someone with experience of them from life in the US, they're not cute when you interact with them.

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1310591900076978177

Theres the liberal boards.ie posters at it again, with their FAKE NEWS :P liberal agenda and unresearched lies ;)

On a more serious note, I too was shocked by the fact we now have a Racoon population in Ireland. Can only assume escaped pets or exotics started breeding.

I do hope that those poor WH Racoons are at least on minimum pay, and have had rabies shots?
    I hear its endemic in kentucky and god knows what they'd catch if they bit Mitch!
    Probably no health care either poor little guys!

On a related note, isn't it nice to see a yank doing well abroad!
    Well done to the newly minted Irish Racoons!
    526788.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Lindsey begged like a dog, similar to Trump with Xi Jinping.

Fantastic thread here from Forbes reporter Dan Alexander dedicated to Trump's finances, he confirms that trump is actually in debt to the tune of over $1.1bn.

https://twitter.com/DanAlexander21/status/1310342791336284160

What amazes me, is those projected income figures are (and if you'll forgive the usage of language) Trumped up by insisting that federal employees and foreign dignitaries use his facilities during the course of his presidency. Imagine what they'll be like without that bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭amandstu

##Mod Snip##
    No Tweet Dumps please.

Can I quote her (ie her tweets) ? She is not just any tweeter.

And we need humour to get through this dismal time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,045 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

banie01 wrote: »
    Theres the liberal boards.ie posters at it again, with their FAKE NEWS :P liberal agenda and unresearched lies ;)

On a more serious note, I too was shocked by the fact we now have a Racoon population in Ireland. Can only assume escaped pets or exotics started breeding.

I do hope that those poor WH Racoons are at least on minimum pay, and have had rabies shots?
    I hear its endemic in kentucky and god knows what they'd catch if they bit Mitch!
    Probably no health care either poor little guys!

On a related note, isn't it nice to see a yank doing well abroad!
    Well done to the newly minted Irish Racoons!

Mea culpa! Didn't realize there was a population in Ireland, seems they escaped from captivity. They're good at that.

Stay away from them if you encounter them, they bite! And invasive species generally are a bad thing everywhere. I drive by a stand of Japanese knotweed every day, it keeps spreading and spreading. The fuchsias are nice, but not native, like the crocosmia.

I doubt WH raccoons have health care. Nothing that's poor in the US does.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

amandstu wrote: »
    ##Mod Snip##
    No Tweet Dumps please.

Can I quote her (ie her tweets) ? She is not just any tweeter.

And we need humour to get through this dismal time.

If it's in context and used to make/support a point in the thread , then yes.

Otherwise , no - Sorry..
    Igotadose wrote: »
    Mea culpa! Didn't realize there was a population in Ireland, seems they escaped from captivity. They're good at that.

Stay away from them if you encounter them, they bite! And invasive species generally are a bad thing everywhere. I drive by a stand of Japanese knotweed every day, it keeps spreading and spreading. The fuchsias are nice, but not native, like the crocosmia.

I doubt WH raccoons have health care. Nothing that's poor in the US does.

Let's park the Nature program angle for now lads :-)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

duploelabs wrote: »
    What amazes me, is those projected income figures are (and if you'll forgive the usage of language) Trumped up by insisting that federal employees and foreign dignitaries use his facilities during the course of his presidency. Imagine what they'll be like without that bump

The legit stuff is just a small part of it. His dealing with unsavoury types was thought to make up a large part of his income prior to becoming the most powerful man in the world, I can only imagine it has sky rocketed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

duploelabs wrote: »

But even that is likely to prove short-lived and ultimately counter-productive.

Obviously any political candidature is likely to be perceived as off-putting to some potential customers.

But a more low key President or someone who didn't make their businesses all about themselves would probably have seen less of a drop off in regular customers.

When he is no longer President, next year or in four years time, his brand will still be tarnished and he won't be able to direct people to pay tribute anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/1310919541640306689?s=19

"They're all hustlers." Takes one to know one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

As defence-legal moves go, this makes sense, when one wants to get a client off free and without any stain on his character. Sidney Powell, attorney for Mike Flynn told Judge Sullivan today [under questioning] that she had spoken to Trump about the court case involving her client to update him on it and requested Trump NOT TO give her client a presidential pardon. SP reportedly tried to claim EXECUTIVE privilege in respect to the judge's question before answering it and has said the judge must now recuse himself from hearing the case.

As for the legality of her move, I don't know if Flynn's attorney was under legal injunction, order or just not allowed to discuss the case with anyone outside the court-side of it while it's ongoing. It might serve as more dust thrown into the air around Trump's presidency movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Just caught the tail-end of tonight's Prime Time show with a U.S guest giving the best bit of advice to Biden for tonight's debate with Trump, that he must give Democrat voters a cause for them to give him their vote besides the fact that he's Trump's opponent in the election, that he must set out his own grounds for election to the presidency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just listening on MSNBC to trump being asked about his favourite bible verse from 2015/16 and I can’t believe the evangelical base feel for his act as a Christian. Also, those tweets above are hardly surprising in the least and his attempts to hold a bible outside a church like it with a bag of rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just listening on MSNBC to trump being asked about his favourite bible verse from 2015/16 and I can’t believe the evangelical base feel for his act as a Christian. Also, those tweets above are hardly surprising in the least and his attempts to hold a bible outside a church like it with a bag of rice.

They haven't fallen for it. Its simply that they are willing to put up with all the scandals and hypocrisy in order to get what they really value, ie SCOTUS to overturn Roe and give Christian churches even more preferable treatment.

Trump is far from the ideal, but its him or a democrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Leroy42 wrote: »
    They haven't fallen for it. Its simply that they are willing to put up with all the scandals and hypocrisy in order to get what they really value, ie SCOTUS to overturn Roe and give Christian churches even more preferable treatment.

Trump is far from the ideal, but its him or a democrat.

"God's imperfect vessel" has been around for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

US politics has a lot to answer for, getting me up at this ungodly hour. Last time I did this was Tyson V Bruno and that didn't go too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

US politics has a lot to answer for, getting me up at this ungodly hour. Last time I did this was Tyson V Bruno and that didn't go too well.

Been awake since 05.30 this morning, glass of wine in hand ready to enjoy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Had an hour's nap earlier in anticipation for staying up until the wee hours. I'll still be wrecked tomorrow! Just as well I'm working from home...

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Been awake since 05.30 this morning, glass of wine in hand ready to enjoy this.

Likewise, been looking forward to this for months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Any online links

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Jeff2

And we're off.

• Advertisement

rosser44 wrote: »
    Likewise, been looking forward to this for months

Its like super bowl Sunday, The world Cup final and The all Ireland final all in one :D

No mask for biden, thats a surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Any online links

It's on RTE news now station.

Biden saying he is the party is a strong statement.

"that is simply a lie" - Joe pulling no punches

First question wasn't even finished and moderator lost control and let Trump speak over Biden. Gonna be a long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Biden saying he is the party is a strong statement.

sadly as he won the democrat nomination easily then he most certainly is.

Trump talking over and trying to dominate

Trump talking over and trying to dominate

Lets see how long the adderal lasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Trump trying to speak over the moderator, that's not going to go well for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement