Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Morrison J wrote: »
    Lot of positives to take from this imo. Overall message far clearer. Really hitting home the message to not travel and being strong about it. Not the half arsed, non-committed sort of message about travel and face masks we've been getting from the previous government.

App launching tomorrow.

Designated "co-vid team" to be arranged to help improve contact tracing.

Looking into the idea of testing at airports.

Already a far more proactive feel to this new government. More positives in that than anything Leo and Harris have been saying for the last 4 months.
    Are you taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Lot of positives to take from this imo. Overall message far clearer. Really hitting home the message to not travel and being strong about it. Not the half arsed, non-committed sort of message about travel and face masks we've been getting from the previous government.

App launching tomorrow.

Already a far more proactive feel to this new government. More positives in that than anything Leo and Harris have been saying for the last 4 months.

Hello FF bot, that was pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

App launching tomorrow.

I think this is the first time this thread has reached an overall concensus that everything couldn't be less clearer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

No idea why he's blaming the either pub industry for people drinking cans.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1280176826493677569?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I think this is the first time this thread has reached an overall concensus that everything couldn't be less clearer

What is less clearer? Don't travel unless its essential until the 20th. How is that hard to follow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

likewise off to Lanzarote in August.

They love throwing out the 17% of cases are travel related, 17% of how many cases ?? A bit of reality would be give the number of cases not the percentage.

But sure look we must know different than every other country in the EU.

They may forget about a bigger chunk of the EU recovery fund as well. Not a hope in hell would Ireland get a bigger amount now when we're out on our own in terms of travel

It was 2% a month ago, now it is 17%. Increase of 8.5x!

In cases, that's 1 vs 2.

2% of cases a month ago is 0.92 (7-day avg was 46),
    17% of cases now is 1.87 (7 day avg is 11)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

fritzelly wrote: »
    Yeah banned wrong word but telling us not to travel - still not stopping anyone come here while telling us not to leave the country
    Double standards

It’s fairly clear at this stage.
    You can go
    You can come back
    You have to fill out the form
    Form will be digitised and airlines provide the data
    You must self isolate for two weeks when you return.
    If you fill out the form incorrectly there will be a follow up as it’s essentially the same data that you use to fly which is accurate.

If you had a lovely holiday in Malaga come back on the Sunday , then go to work on Monday. You are in violation of the self isolation thing. So you could be sent home. I guess it’s self enforced so you’ll always get dickheads on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What is less clearer? Don't travel unless its essential until the 20th. How is that hard to follow?

Unless you are an Irish MEP wanting to come to a party in Ireland

Hello FF bot, that was pathetic.

I'm far from that. Have never voted FF in my life. Just thought that was a refreshing change to what I've been hearing from Leo the last 4 months. Far more pro-active feel to it. Just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Did Billy Kelliher's trip meet the essential criteria? I won't ask you opinion on his failure to self isolate.

• Advertisement

Don't travel but you can and nothings stopping you but don't pretty pretty pretty please... G'way outta that. Ridiculous nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The no decisons at cabinet sentence sums up that press conference really

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1280183014488760321?s=19

Basically treating every Irish citizen like a scolded child for having a drink or wanting to go on a holiday

Shame on you mehole

Don't travel but you can and nothings stopping you but don't pretty pretty pretty please... G'way outta that. Ridiculous nonsense.

Thought they were pretty strong on their stance that you shouldn't travel until the 20th tbh. Not difficult to follow at all.

Thought they were pretty strong on their stance that you shouldn't travel until the 20th tbh.

Do u not think it is the height of laziness to treat travel to America the same as a flight to Poland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

doobie doobie doo thats all Martin says

Quell surprise at how useless Martin is.he only wanted to be Taoiseach at any cost.what has he ever done in his yrs in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The no decisons at cabinet sentence sums up that press conference really

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1280183014488760321?s=19

How long have they been in now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Basically treating every Irish citizen like a scolded child for having a drink or wanting to go on a holiday

Shame on you mehole

And not doing anything about it.

Thought they were pretty strong on their stance that you shouldn't travel until the 20th tbh. Not difficult to follow at all.
    That's not new? That's literally what they have said since the beginning. It literally means nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Thought they were pretty strong on their stance that you shouldn't travel until the 20th tbh.

Strong would be imposing a travel ban and an enforceable quarantine. Anything else is just b*llsh*t to appease curtain twitchers without actually doing anything.

• Advertisement

Did Billy Kelliher's trip meet the essential criteria? I won't ask you opinion on his failure to self isolate.

What do you want them to say? Tell everyone to head away to the UK now that one gob****e of a TD didn't isolate?

Do u not think it is the height of laziness to treat travel to America the same as a flight to Poland?

Come the 20th I'd imagine that won't be the case.

Come the 20th I'd imagine that won't be the case.
    The decision should've been made weeks ago. It's ridiculous nonsense. Every country in Europe but us, of course.

That's not new? That's literally what they have said since the beginning. It literally means nothing.

Good leadership often stems from how you say things. I was commenting on how stronger they were with the message. Leo and Harris have been extremely non-committal in a lot of things. Face masks being a big example. Yeah they said you should wear face masks but they showed horrendous leadership in how they got that actual message across.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭lukas8888

shinzon wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly at the press conference saying the contact tracing app is set to launch tomorrow.

Shin
    Off topic,any particular reason for always giving us your John Hancock with every post.

Good leadership often stems from how you say things. I was commenting on how stronger they were with the message. Leo and Harris have been extremely non-committal in a lot of things. Face masks being a big example. Yeah they said you should wear face masks but they showed horrendous leadership in how they got that actual message across.
    Good leadership = "lets push it out another 2 weeks"?. Right. That makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭shinzon

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Off topic,any particular reason for always giving us your John Hancock with every post.

Have done since I joined boards its a habit

Shin

Strong would be imposing a travel ban and an enforceable quarantine. Anything else is just b*llsh*t to appease curtain twitchers without actually doing anything.

Most important thing for me is that we get our testing and tracing to an acceptable level. Its far from that at the moment.

Saying that they are looking into testing at airports is a huge step imo. Obviously they have to deliver, but the fact that they are open to it is a positive step in itself.

Most important thing for me is that we get our testing and tracing to an acceptable level. Its far from that at the moment.

Saying that they are looking into testing at airports is a huge step imo. Obviously they have to deliver, but the fact that they are open to it is a positive step in itself.
    Can you elaborate? We've top 25 testing in the world. Even higher when you take out the smaller countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

COVID dashboard just updated, the new positivity rate for the past 7 days is just 0.2% in Ireland with 42,000 tests conducted in the past 7 days including 6500 in the last 24 hours.

They are testing anyone who wish to, right? Compared to earlier when only symptomatic were tested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement