Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Clearly on the far right with support for Gemma, Grand Torino and Irexit.

if he supports them then yes i agree, hes a bit every way it seems.

iebamm2580 wrote: »

He always slants to the right, it's not our fault if he thinks he's left wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,930 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nope. Far Right. Along with Barrett the Fascist.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Nope. Far Right. Along with Barrett the Fascist.

NOPE, i disagree that connors is far right.

Its clear though. He has supported numerous far right personalities and parties. You cant deny this.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

This conners chap , is he the bad Irish actor who's celibrated for not being a knacker ? His twitter can be entertaining if it is......

If he's been doing podcasts with guys who supported burning down direct provision centers and agreed with his views. Then yes, he is far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I agree he should be, but it also doesn't disregard the points he made in his speech today about the new minster.

The point is ridiculous. Putting through a fairly simple and quick bit of legislation has no effect on the other longer term stuff mentioned.

This is akin to the "have you no real criminals to be arresting" line. Lets focus 100% of garda resources on serial killers and ignore every other crime until every case is solved, then work downwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

A rousing speech by Justin Barrett at the March for Innocence in Dublin yesterday. However the most inspiring take-away of the day was seeing many right-wing groups - National Party, Irish Freedom Party and ACI - come together for the common cause of rejecting pedophilia apologists in our government.

It's encouraging to reflect that 5 years ago there wasn't really a voice for the right wing in Irish politics. Now we not only have several political parties to vote for, but there are also many media outlets willing to cover the stories that RTE and the mainstream refuse to, such as Roderic O'Gorman's shady connections. Media outlets such as Gript, the Burkean and the Liberal. The zeitgeist is moving in our direction lads. We can debate the reasons why but I personally believe the Left are their own worst enemy. When they embarrass themselves with amateur stunts like Eamonn Crudden tried (and failed) to do yesterday, they drive normal people away. Objecting to ordinary, decent people protesting against pedophilia is not a good look. Ar dheis, ar aghaidh.

Barrett once again showed his true fascist scumbag colours with that speech yesterday and the disgusting banner.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Denmark and Austria have far right governments.

Barrett once again showed his true fascist scumbag colours with that speech yesterday and the disgusting banner.

What was on the banner?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

What about that speech and banner specifically on their own merit are “true fascist scumbag” Im aware of who barrett is and I dont disagree he’s a fascist, but what specifically out of that speech and banner indicates such ?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

coinop wrote: »
    A rousing speech by Justin Barrett at the March for Innocence in Dublin yesterday. However the most inspiring take-away of the day was seeing many right-wing groups - National Party, Irish Freedom Party and ACI - come together for the common cause of rejecting pedophilia apologists in our government.

It's encouraging to reflect that 5 years ago there wasn't really a voice for the right wing in Irish politics. Now we not only have several political parties to vote for, but there are also many media outlets willing to cover the stories that RTE and the mainstream refuse to, such as Roderic O'Gorman's shady connections. Media outlets such as Gript, the Burkean and the Liberal. The zeitgeist is moving in our direction lads. We can debate the reasons why but I personally believe the Left are their own worst enemy. When they embarrass themselves with amateur stunts like Eamonn Crudden tried (and failed) to do yesterday, they drive normal people away. Objecting to ordinary, decent people protesting against pedophilia is not a good look. Ar dheis, ar aghaidh.

LOL this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Rousing isn't the adjective I'd use here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭dubrov

Moghead wrote:
    LOL this guy.

The delusion is strong in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What was on the banner?

"Protect the innocent, punish the guilty."

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Not sure why some posters are disgusted by it. Only people it applies to are pedophiles.

"Protect the innocent, punish the guilty."

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Not sure why some posters are disgusted by it. Only people it applies to are pedophiles.

That's what I was wondering. I presumed that there must be another banner.

You would wonder why some would have a problem with those words

What was on the banner?

Pictures of nooses

Terry Pratchet

Pictures of nooses

And in itself or in the context of the words on the banner how are pictures of nooses fascist ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭McFly85

That's what I was wondering. I presumed that there must be another banner.

You would wonder why some would have a problem with those words

It’s vague nonsense, the country already has laws to protect the innocent and punish the guilty.

The noose suggests that they are pro capital punishment, the slogan suggests they don’t agree with the country’s laws about protection and punishment, and would prefer trial by media and kangaroo courts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

About time we had an option to vote right. We desperately need that option as this country is headed to a very dark place indeed if the current crop of idiots are elected again and again.

McFly85 wrote: »
    It’s vague nonsense, the country already has laws to protect the innocent and punish the guilty.

The noose suggests that they are pro capital punishment, the slogan suggests they don’t agree with the country’s laws about protection and punishment, and would prefer trial by media and kangaroo courts.

Capital punishment is compatible with a fair trial and a robust court system. If anything it becomes more essential if you have those punishments.

And in itself or in the context of the words on the banner how are pictures of nooses fascist ?

It's the suggestion of capital punishment, which doesn't alow for the opportunity to someone to later prove innocence.

I'm sure you knew that and your question was designed purely to drag someone into an absolutely disingenuous argument of whataboutery, feigned ignorance and claims that "the left" are too easily offended or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

A bunch of idiots, many of whom spend a lot of time whinging about their longing for the country to return to the good old days of catholic Ireland, hold a rally about protecting children from peodophiles. OK

Acosta wrote: »
    A bunch of idiots, many of whom spend a lot of time whinging about their longing for the country to return to the good old days of catholic Ireland, hold a rally about protecting children from peodophiles. OK

The ironing is delicious.

circadian wrote: »
    It's the suggestion of capital punishment, which doesn't alow for the opportunity to someone to later prove innocence.

I'm sure you knew that and your question was designed purely to drag someone into an absolutely disingenuous argument of whataboutery, feigned ignorance and claims that "the left" are too easily offended or similar.

Well no, the poster i replied to claimed that the banner and speech specifically showed barrets ‘scumbag fascist colours’ , i merely asked how, supporting capital punishment does not make somebody a fascist, it was a genuine question as I agree Barret is a fascist, but disagree that the banner or speech yesterday showed that off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭McFly85

Capital punishment is compatible with a fair trial and a robust court system. If anything it becomes more essential if you have those punishments.

Don’t want to derail the thread about capital punishment, and I think we’d disagree anyway:)

But the noose suggests a very specific type of capital punishment. One done in public to satiate a mob, not one that punishes someone who has been found guilty by a court of law.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Who were the pro pedophiles group that showed up...it's an unusual stance to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

McFly85 wrote: »

How out of touch from the wider population are they. There is no desire among the electorate to introduce capital punishment in Ireland. Even when it was allowed and was the mandatory punishment for crimes it was never used.

It suits me fine while the NP keep up with this nonsense their support will never pass a few hundred.

Advertisement