Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭McFly85

The idea of an anti-paedophile rally in and of itself is patently ridiculous. Society is obviously anti-paedophile.

This was used as an excuse to whip up hate and suggest(with completely zero evidence) that the current government is somehow pro-paedophile. It’s lowest common denominator politics and completely transparent to the vast majority of the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I'm not sure what part of my post you have difficult reading and why you think that it conflicts with your anecdotal response. Regardless I can't be held responsible for your inability to understand or comprehend basic english sentences.
    I'll stay logged on thanks, watching NP supporters trying to articulate anything of intelligence is just too entertaining to stay away from...

**Context Edit - - This post was a response to a post that appears to have been removed by a Mod -- it was not a reply to the current previous post**

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

McFly85 wrote: »
    The idea of an anti-paedophile rally in and of itself is patently ridiculous. Society is obviously anti-paedophile.

This was used as an excuse to whip up hate and suggest(with completely zero evidence) that the current government is somehow pro-paedophile. It’s lowest common denominator politics and completely transparent to the vast majority of the electorate.

And there were have the crux of it. It's a cynical, empty gesture of a 'rally' whereby the sole purpose is to try and depict their critics as paedophiles.

Your protesting against a group whose stated aim is the implementation of a hard-catholic dictatorship in Ireland? Then you're a paedo supporter!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Its the great double standard.

John connors was involved in tonnes of lefty bits, disagreed with them on this one issue and now he’s ‘far right’
    Justin barret goes to any event and suddenly the entire thing is far right. Associating with anyone in those circles makes you far right.

But on the left we have peter tatchell, documented paedophile sympathiser being celebrated and named in a photo with the minister for children and ‘that doesnt mean the minister agrees with tatchell’ the tweet is still up, tatchell is still a green party member, and nobody is guilty by association there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Acosta

Mayorga wrote: »
    There was a homosexual speaker at the event yesterday. Log off pal.

Did he bring his sign with him?

https://images.app.goo.gl/B4kkuM8NtsTkqdCq6

• Advertisement

John connors was involved in tonnes of lefty bits, disagreed with them on this one issue and now he’s ‘far right’
    Justin barret goes to any event and suddenly the entire thing is far right. Associating with anyone in those circles makes you far right.

But on the left we have peter tatchell, documented paedophile sympathiser being celebrated and named in a photo with the minister for children and ‘that doesnt mean the minister agrees with tatchell’ the tweet is still up, tatchell is still a green party member, and nobody is guilty by association there.

Who is celebrating Thatchell?

And the idea of someone being guilty of anything because they were in a photo with someone else is complete madness. Thankfully most people would require actual evidence.

Like there’s a photo of John Connors with Tyson doing the rounds, can we infer from this that he is pro-rape?

Who is celebrating Thatchell?

And the idea of someone being guilty of anything because they were in a photo with someone else is complete madness. Thankfully most people would require actual evidence.

Like there’s a photo of John Connors with Tyson doing the rounds, can we infer from this that he is pro-rape?

I assume youre reffering to that woman in twitter who is trying to imply exactly that with the photo.

She keeps calling it a ‘homophobic protest’ too

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Mayorga, stay out of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Acosta wrote: »
    A bunch of idiots, many of whom spend a lot of time whinging about their longing for the country to return to the good old days of catholic Ireland, hold a rally about protecting children from peodophiles. OK

You could count on one hand the amount of people who want a clergyman to have any say in the running of the country.

There is room for a party from the right but to be successful they need to leave the religion bit out of it, something they don't seem to have realised yet.

I assume youre reffering to that woman in twitter who is trying to imply exactly that with the photo.

She keeps calling it a ‘homophobic protest’ too

I’ve seen a few tweets with it. I am referring to the fact that people are using an out of context photo to imply guilt by association and assuming that suggests what that persons values are.

If this is the level of evidence required by the national party, they’re going to need a hell of a lot of rope.

• Advertisement

I’ve seen a few tweets with it. I am referring to the fact that people are using an out of context photo to imply guilt by association and assuming that suggests what that persons values are.

If this is the level of evidence required by the national party, they’re going to need a hell of a lot of rope.

Like when that guy walked into the middle of the free speech rally, threw up a nazi salute for a photographer and walked off but that photo proved it was a nazi rally

The bar for associative proof is horifically low on both sides of this.

Like when that guy walked into the middle of the free speech rally, threw up a nazi salute for a photographer and walked off but that photo proved it was a nazi rally

“But the others are doing it too” is a poor defence that doesn’t excuse trying to ruin a man for simply having a photo taken of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

100 losers yesterday. Twitter and facebook addicts with nothing better to do with their Saturday. Sad.

The Barrett lad is funny though. The way he tries to speak in public to come across like strong person. Mortified for him and anyone who gives him their time. One of the most pathetic people I think I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Finally a party fighting to stop Irish workers paying taxes to support African free hotels and houses. House Irish FIRST

“But the others are doing it too” is a poor defence that doesn’t excuse trying to ruin a man for simply having a photo taken of him.

Im saying its an unfortunate issue in extremist politics all round. Leaving the minister for children aside on that issue as I do believe him when he said he only met tatchell once. This protest was also heavily about the bill (crafted by the last government) to allow children to change their gender on school forms etc.. which I think is fundamentally disagreeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

The Nal wrote: »
    100 losers yesterday. Twitter and facebook addicts with nothing better to do with their Saturday. Sad.

The Barrett lad is funny though. The way he tries to speak in public to come across like strong person. Mortified for him and anyone who gives him their time. One of the most pathetic people I think I've ever seen.

No Pasaran comrade :D

There was only one bunch of losers there it would seem.

Im saying its an unfortunate issue in extremist politics all round. Leaving the minister for children aside on that issue as I do believe him when he said he only met tatchell once. This protest was also heavily about the bill (crafted by the last government) to allow children to change their gender on school forms etc.. which I think is fundamentally disagreeable.

I agree that there’s an extremist issue on all sides, and I’m not getting into the gender thing here as there’s already plenty of threads on that, but I do think that the nationalist party relies on this extremist, populist, emotive rhetoric because there’s no other way for them to promote their ideals.

He's been viewed as far right since last year. It's not related to just this. He was backing the likes of Grand Grand Torino.

He's clearly enjoying meeting Tyson. The fact he's a convicted rapist is far better known than a letter by Tatchell in the 90s.

Then when we look at Hermann Kelly, he worked for the Irish Catholic but now seems to be the only time he's come out against child abuse. On top of that, he wrote a book to try to smear a victim of child sexual abuse which created a very negative image of industrial schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The Nal wrote: »

How delusional must he be to think that he might be able to lead a political party to success years after he was reported to be attending far-right gatherings in Europe?
    Even if he had found a more presentable frontperson for the party and sought to act as their puppetmaster their might be some political rationale to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

I find it hard to believe that there are people who show up to protest an anti paedophilia rally. Yet there they were. As seen in the videos

You lads are setting the bar really, really low today. Astounding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How delusional must he be to think that he might be able to lead a political party to success years after he was reported to be attending far-right gatherings in Europe?
    Even if he had found a more presentable frontperson for the party and sought to act as their puppetmaster their might be some political rationale to it...

Their performance in the election is all you need to know. Losers who can't distinguish between traffic from social media arguments and real life.

Also Justin Barrett does conflate paedophilia with homosexuality, he blamed sexual abuse in the church on gay people... But sure, we'll have certain posters pretend he's a reasonable voice.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/book-rails-against-whole-rotten-cabal-of-the-left-1.359243?mode=amp

One of main speakers was a gay person.

Lots of gay people oppose the sort of nonsense propagated by Tatchell and O'Gorman.

Adult males who sexually abuse boys are homosexual. Only a small minority obviously. Just as men who abuse girls are deviant heterosexuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Acosta

Bonniedog wrote: »
    One of main speakers was a gay person.

Lots of gay people oppose the sort of nonsense propagated by Tatchell and O'Gorman.

Adult males who sexually abuse boys are homosexual. Only a small minority obviously. Just as men who abuse girls are deviant heterosexuals.

That's not actually true though, paedophilia isn't gender specific. It's related to opportunity. If a paedophile has easy access to a specific gender, that's who they'll target. Paedophiles are not viewed as straight or gay...

https://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

And getting Paddy Manning to speak isn't exactly proof of not being homophobic. He's happily campaigned for homophobes over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Bonniedog wrote:

Ah yeah, but the difference is that male/female paedophilia is not a result of being a heterosexual, whereas male/male paedophilia is a direct result of being a 'gay'.
    I think that's how it works in the brains of the followers of the anti gay/Muslim/jew/anti non catholic/anti non white/pro Gemma/anti 5G/anti soros/anti immigrant heros from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 32,303 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That's not actually true though, paedophilia isn't gender specific. It's related to opportunity. If a paedophile has easy access to a specific gender, that's who they'll target. Paedophiles are not viewed as straight or gay...

And getting Paddy Manning to speak isn't exactly proof of not being homophobic. He's happily campaigned for homophobes over the years.
    Well it had to be one of those two self loathing gay fellas who were wheeled out for the gay marriage referendum at every possible turn...
    One of which felt so strongly on the matter he didn't actually vote because he was at eurovision...(he said he flew back to vote...I have it on very good authority he didn't).
    He did get a little paid for holiday to Australia to speak out against marriage equality there though
    The other one has been kicked off Twitter and rightly so....he is desperate for any platform he can get these days.
    Plonkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Acosta wrote: »

Yeah go stick a camera in people's faces for a reaction. Then call them scum.

Your link is to an advocacy site dedicated to combating "homophobia." Is not a peer reviewed psychological paper.

There is lots of evidence that paedophiles target children of one specific sex, which would indicate that they do indeed have a sexual orientation.

That can be deviant heterosexual or deviant homosexual. Many of the literary heroes of the gay movement had sex with young boys. Oscar Wilde and Ginsburg spring to mind.

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Your link is to an advocacy site dedicated to combating "homophobia." Is not a peer reviewed psychological paper.

There is lots of evidence that paedophiles target children of one specific sex, which would indicate that they do indeed have a sexual orientation.

That can be deviant heterosexual or deviant homosexual. Many of the literary heroes of the gay movement had sex with young boys. Oscar Wilde and Ginsburg spring to mind.
    Firstly, the article is on the psychology of section of the University of California's psychology section. So not an advocacy site. It cites numerous studies on the issue and the general consensus is that paedophilia in itself is an orientation.

Pretty hard to find publicly available peer reviewed studies but here's one. Note how it repeatedly states the predisposition to age rather than gender.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.antoniocasella.eu/dnlaw/Capra_2014.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiJtoin7sfqAhUsUhUIHdq2ATUQFjAFegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2dznV_9lr7XkUs0s8bUd89

Here's harvard backing up the same position... If you have journal access, I'm happy to include additional links studies behind pay walls.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/pessimism-about-pedophilia

Advertisement