Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    You are basing that on your idea of what you think I'm thinking.

No, what you are posting.

You have dozens upon dozens of posts giving out about government measures which is actually policy based on the advice of NPHET.
    It makes you look like Alex Jones.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Lordy. Personal responsibility.

The countries that have outperformed in the pandemic (I'm thinking of places like Taiwan, NZ, South Korea), did so because they were organised, systematic, had hard measures at their border to mitigate case importation and community spread and communicated with their populace extremely effectively.

Kiwis or Taiwanese aren't a better class of human that practice Betty Boothroyd personal responsibility, they had an organised government and civil service that acted fast, and acted correctly.

Terminator 2 quotes don't crush a pandemic spread, organisation and implementation does.

Certian posters here also apparently find nothing wrong with meat plants acting the maggot and government being obseqious to the industry.

As I said in another thread, do you think we could have closed the border with NI?
    Once you realise the answer to that you will find that we are in a different situation to NZ or Taiwan or South Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,135 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »

You have dozens upon dozens of posts giving out about government measures which is actually policy based on the advice of NPHET.

Dozens of posts about the government on a thread about the government.

I'm shocked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lordy. Personal responsibility.

The countries that have outperformed in the pandemic (I'm thinking of places like Taiwan, NZ, South Korea), did so because they were organised, systematic, had hard measures at their border to mitigate case importation and community spread and communicated with their populace extremely effectively.

Kiwis or Taiwanese aren't a better class of human that practice Betty Boothroyd personal responsibility, they had an organised government and civil service that acted fast, and acted correctly.

Terminator 2 quotes don't crush a pandemic spread, organisation and implementation does.

Certian posters here also apparently find nothing wrong with meat plants acting the maggot and government being obseqious to the industry.

Tossers blaming everyone else for the pandemic situation do, of course.

The boy Stanley was in at first light, his solution, the good old reliable money tree:D

Couldn’t give a toss about cost, horse the taxpayers money in.

What a joke.

Dozens of posts about the government on a thread about the government.

I'm shocked! :)

Dozens of posts criticizing NPHET by proxy with no other science to back him up.

• Advertisement

Dozens of posts criticizing NPHET by proxy with no other science to back him up.

Where and when did NPHET advise Leo that the virus would be history in 3 months or a quarter, because he is saying that was why they threw billions at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It’s a laugh,bunch of scones with zero back up think they can have more influence NPHET.

Maybe they have... amongst the cave dwellers and grunts who believe in the ‘magic money tree’.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Tossers blaming everyone else for the pandemic situation do, of course.

The boy Stanley was in at first light, his solution, the good old reliable money tree:D

Couldn’t give a toss about cost, horse the taxpayers money in.

What a joke.

Betty Boothroyd in the house.

Take the L. The government hasn't dealt well with this. Clapping like seals at Mean Girls quotes and trying to throw shade at a SF representative doesn't change reality. We're getting close to being back to square one. Nothing to celebrate or post dumb emoticons about. Meanwhile, people in Taipei, Auckland and Seoul are going about their business.

Your smartar*se posting style may comfort you online, but your country is in deep trouble.

Clever, hardworking boys eh?

As I said in another thread, do you think we could have closed the border with NI?
    Once you realise the answer to that you will find that we are in a different situation to NZ or Taiwan or South Korea.

South Korea never closed their border. They instituted a mandatory testing regime at the airport and had technology to track quarantine. They had flights coming from China and every other hotspot you can think of throughout the pandemic. They performed, we didn't even try. I recall Leo even went on the radio to tell the public we were following the Korean model when he refused to turn away flights. You might like getting lied to by your political sacred cow, but I don't think the rest of the country appreciates it.

The 'pull on the green jersey' phase is over with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That's completely false.
    Post one example.

• Advertisement

Betty Boothroyd in the house.

Take the L. The government hasn't dealt well with this. Clapping like seals at Mean Girls quotes and trying to throw shade at a SF representative doesn't change reality. We're getting close to being back to square one. Nothing to celebrate or post dumb emoticons about. Meanwhile, people in Taipei, Auckland and Seoul are going about their business.

Your smartar*se posting style may comfort you online, but your country is in deep trouble.

Clever, hardworking boys eh?

Seems a government operating on 'hope' threw billions at a problem and is now as the partner in the new government are only now finding out that the expert advice from the start was that this virus is going to be around for a long time.
    Meanwhile the other partner in government is claiming there will be no austerity to pay back the billions spent...is that a 'hope' or is it based on 'expert' thinking?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Shítposts deleted. Continue to waste mod time and I'll start removing people from the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I just wonder, is there anyone who's not on a comfortable salary defending this (or the previous) government? Because the working poor and lower middle class have been shafted for years, treated even worse during the Covid situation, and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

The_Brood wrote: »
    I just wonder, is there anyone who's not on a comfortable salary defending this (or the previous) government? Because the working poor and lower middle class have been shafted for years, treated even worse during the Covid situation, and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

The numbers affected are growing. The scales already began to tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The_Brood wrote: »

even people on comfortable salaries are getting shafted. Without expenses fiddles and other things or knowing you're being paid 10x what you're worth (RTE) Ireland is a pretty miserable country to be in in terms of taxation. anyone on under 1-200k who isn't solely on the scratcher has been being shafted for years.

Where and when did NPHET advise Leo that the virus would be history in 3 months or a quarter, because he is saying that was why they threw billions at it.

That is not what Leo actually said by the way.

South Korea never closed their border. They instituted a mandatory testing regime at the airport and had technology to track quarantine. They had flights coming from China and every other hotspot you can think of throughout the pandemic. They performed, we didn't even try. I recall Leo even went on the radio to tell the public we were following the Korean model when he refused to turn away flights. You might like getting lied to by your political sacred cow, but I don't think the rest of the country appreciates it.

The 'pull on the green jersey' phase is over with.

Ah, well if you are going to argue a point at least be honest.

True, South Korea didn't close their borders, but they did cancel and stop issuing all visa to enter the country from April.....
    So in effect very few people, if any (apart from South Korean citizens and permanent residents) can get into Korea.... which is a border closing by proxy.

We, in Ireland cannot do that for EU passengers as you well know.

So, again, I ask you. How do you stop people coming into the state from the North?

Ah, well if you are going to argue a point at least be honest.

True, South Korea didn't close their borders, but they did cancel and stop issuing all visa to enter the country from April.....
    So in effect very few people, if any (apart from South Korean citizens and permanent residents) can get into Korea.... which is a border closing by proxy.

So, again, I ask you. How do you stop people coming into the state from the North?

Nope. Incorrect

You can buy a ticket to Seoul tommorow, go through government supervised quarantine having been tested getting off the plane.

Nope. Incorrect

You can buy a ticket to Seoul tommorow, go through government supervised quarantine having been tested getting off the plane.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again.

Before you do anything like that you need to apply for a visa and jump through, not one but three hoops, because they suspended their visa on arrival programme that is normally in operation.
    Then if you get accepted you can then go on that plane and go into quarantine (at your own expense).

Details here:
    http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/ie-en/wpge/m_8214/contents.do

The Korean government have severely restricted the number of visas handed out, so one cant go on a Jolly to South Korea if they want, they would need either an urgent family connection there or some immediate business need to travel there.

In other words, to state that the South Korean border is 'open' as if it was August 2019, not August 2020 is actually a big white lie.

However, again, I ask you how would you treat people coming into the state from NI?

Wrong, wrong and wrong again.

Before you do anything like that you need to apply for a visa and jump through, not one but three hoops.
    Then if you get accepted you can then go on that plane and go into quarantine (at your own expense).

Details here:
    http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/ie-en/wpge/m_8214/contents.do

The Korean government have severely restricted the number of visas handed out, so one cant go on a Jolly to South Korea if they want, they would need either a family connection there or some immediate business need to travel there.

In other words, to state that the South Korean border is 'open' as if it was August 2019, not August 2020 is actually a big white lie.

However, again, I ask you how would you treat people coming into the state from NI?

Absolutely incorrect.

"Irish passport holders can enter Korea without a visa as long as the purpose of their visit is tourism or temporary visit up to 90 days."

You didn't read the link you posted. All visa free nations for Korea remain so, and may enter Korea as long as they follow quarantine measures.

• Advertisement

Absolutely incorrect.

"Irish passport holders can enter Korea without a visa as long as the purpose of their visit is tourism or temporary visit up to 90 days."

You didn't read the link you posted. All visa free nations for Korea remain so, and may enter Korea as long as they follow quarantine measures.

This is old data, you need to read the Covid -19 Update, or even do a little google.

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/2020_02_TSA_detail.html

http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/au-en/brd/m_3304/view.do?seq=761268
    Our Ministry temporarily suspends the validity of the short-term visa issued before April 5, 2020.

In addition, we will temporarily suspend visa waiver agreements and visa-free entry into the country from midnight, April 13, 2020.

This is old data, you need to read the Covid -19 Update, or even do a little google.

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/2020_02_TSA_detail.html

http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/au-en/brd/m_3304/view.do?seq=761268

The suspension of visa waivers is limited to countries that suspended theirs with Korea (there's a list of these countries) as political measure.

Countries that didn't such as Ireland and the USA, are able to travel to Korea visa free.

I personally know one American who has traveled to Korea since the above date, entered, did quarantine, and exited again. I'll inform him a guy on boards thinks he's hallucinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I see Leo is out and about wearing a new pair of ‘fashion shoes’.

I taught poland closed its borders in march for a period?

It's absolutely within our power under public health grounds to restrict entry from certain EU countries. To say we can't is a myth. We chose not to do so. Did we miss the last few months where countries like Austria, Slovenia etc elected to shut out entry on public health grounds?

... which is a border closing by proxy.

Ireland can close its borders to any travelers from any country. A number of EU member contries have done so. The Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, and Spain. Others have restrictions allowing imports etc.

We can also ask Larry Goodman is it ok if we check his non resident polish tax paying workforce for covid and supply them with PPE.

Ireland can close its borders to any travelers from any country.

Can we close the border to NI?
    We can also ask Larry Goodman is it ok if we check his non resident polish tax paying workforce for covid and supply them with PPE.

Here are some facts for you as you have started your lying earlier today than usual.

Larry Goodman has no stake in any of the plants with Covid-19 clusters.

Carroll's is owned by Aryzta
    Brady's is owned by the O'Brien family
    Kildare Chilling by Tom McParland
    Irish Dog Foods by Queallys

Dem the facts.

Can we close the border to NI?

Here are some facts for you as you have started your lying earlier today than usual.

Larry Goodman has no stake in any of the plants with Covid-19 clusters.

Carroll's is owned by Aryzta
    Brady's is owned by the O'Brien family
    Kildare Chilling by Tom McParland
    Irish Dog Foods by Queallys

Dem the facts.

I was civil enough not to call you a liar for your 'mistake' regarding EU countries closing borders.

I will however call you out for peddling misinformation once again:

ABP Meats.
    Official figures show that there have been outbreaks at 12 plants in the Republic of Ireland and 571 workers have tested positive. In Northern Ireland, union officials have raised serious concerns, and last week one worker died.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/may/14/everyones-on-top-of-you-sneezing-and-coughing-life-inside-irelands-meat-plants-covid-19

You listed four. Does Larry have an interest in any of the 12, outside of ABP?

Basically, if these champions of industry put public health over profits by in the very least supplying PPE we wouldn't have the clusters we do and the workers might be paying tax in Ireland. But we'll see no side of a bus adverts about 'tax evasion hurts us all' or 'Give your staff a few masks ffs..'.
    Nine Goodman companies made largely untaxed profit of €170m

No employees
    Between them the four companies, which have no employees, produced profits of €123 million in their most recent financial year, paid almost no tax, and had approximately €2.5 billion in assets at the end of March 2018.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/nine-goodman-companies-made-largely-untaxed-profit-of-170m-1.3943367

But Larry is a private businessman. The kind of person we throw money at and turn a blind eye to. We didn't vote for him.
    We've a habit of rewarding 'dem that don't like to pay tax' with state contracts.

ABP Meats.

I already listed the four plants that were closed and caught up in the latest Covid-19 clusters, not one of them is an ABP plant, or owned or operated by Larry Goodman. This is a fact. Know the difference between a fact and a white lie.

You raised that point in relation to the lockdown measures in the 3 midland counties, that is why I corrected your false statement.

You listed four.

Yes, the 4 the Irish Times reported and where the latest outbreak is.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0809/1158126-covid-19-meat-plants-not-re-open/

Why on earth are you posting a link that is 3 months old, which in Covid tems, like doggy years is about 3 years old.... oh, that's right, to tell another white lie...

But I suppose we can add the name 'Larry Goodman' to the FG Bingo table. :D:)

• Advertisement

To the hard of hearing, can we close the border to NI?

Yes/No..??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement