Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provided chargers at shops

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Augeo wrote: »
    Just get folk hogging it then though, as seen with many EV charging spots historically.

Pay normally through an app or provider, then using your Ikea receipt (uploaded to the app via a photo), you get the amount paid refunded as you were a paying customer of Ikea that day.... (charge session timing and Ikea receipt times have to match).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

anyone visiting Ikea in a 50kWh battery car (like a Model 3 SR+) will get about 28% from 2 hours plugged into one of those units.

Am I mad to think that this seems, well, fine?

I mean, it's the kind of model that should have 20 chargers rather than 2, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

MJohnston wrote: »
    Am I mad to think that this seems, well, fine?

I mean, it's the kind of model that should have 20 chargers rather than 2, but still.

I'd prefer 11kW personally but yeah 7kW is fine if there's a lot of them

2x 7kW chargers for a store which probably consumes more from it's floodlights is pretty poor

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

Are all the chargers at Dundrum shopping centre accessible now? I presume all the shops are open now so most of the parking should also be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭innrain

cannco253 wrote: »
    Are all the chargers at Dundrum shopping centre accessible now? I presume all the shops are open now so most of the parking should also be open.

Yes they are accessible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

cannco253 wrote: »

Went on Sunday past to get groceries. All in use bar 1 (3.30 pm). Obviously the one not being used wasn't working.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyone successfully used the Decthalon chargers using their own easygo fob lately- specifically if you don't have any credit in your easygo account (they're supposed to be free).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭eagerv

Has anyone successfully used the Decthalon chargers using their own easygo fob lately- specifically if you don't have any credit in your easygo account (they're supposed to be free).

Are you sure they are free?
    Was there last week, didn't need a charge but was talking to a worker there who thought they were pay now..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,556 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

they are NOT free.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ELM327 wrote: »
    they are NOT free.

Ah balls, what about free with validated Decathalon shopping a la IKEA?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I thought the deal was the lads from Decathlon would give you a fob to start the charge?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I thought the deal was the lads from Decathlon would give you a fob to start the charge?

At the beginning yeah, but then everyone kept the fobs until they only had 1 left... at that point, the guy would come out and start the charge for you...

Then later EasyGo just introduced charging at those units (I presume the last fob was lost/stolen). Seems like a waste of 10 good AC chargers...

If I'm right in saying, it's the largest hub in the country?

wwRYGMtLPkF1.gif

What other public site can charge 10 cars at once? best I've seen is Tesla and their 8 car stalls, then Kelly's Resort in Rosslare have 7 (free) AC chargers

What other public site can charge 10 cars at once?
    Fernhill installed last year, soon to be opened. (on Friday) :)

innrain wrote: »

Fantastic, didn't know about that site.... I suspect they'll be a carpark for a lot of close by owners.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,245 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

innrain wrote: »

link not working

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

it is a coming soon flag. Maybe you have it filtered out

Link worked for me...

Fantastic, didn't know about that site.... I suspect they'll be a carpark for a lot of close by owners.....
    My issues with these is that they are free and the operational hours are limited due to its location. (the park closes @ 4pm from October till March or something like that)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What other public site can charge 10 cars at once? best I've seen is Tesla and their 8 car stalls, then Kelly's Resort in Rosslare have 7 (free) AC chargers

Jazuz, you're right, biggest hub in Ireland!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The eCars chargers at Swords can handle 10 cars at once. They are spread over 3 floors.
    Extremely useful chargers for when you want a parking space near the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Look like Rolecs.
    They'll not be in action too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Then later EasyGo just introduced charging at those units (I presume the last fob was lost/stolen). Seems like a waste of 10 good AC chargers...

Why is it a waste?

Saw on plugshare it is operational

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Lidl Lusk - Store opens today and they have a DC Charger supporting CCS & CHAdeMO. App reports only 29kW on CCS & 30kW on CHAdeMO

Absolutely great to see Lidl supporting DC chargers in their car parks, even these smaller power ones are much useful than the AC units other supermarkets have installed. I mostly see PHEVs charging at the AC supermarket points

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Because they're free of cost. Gotta sip from that 22kW socket at 3kW for a few hours to keep the phev name in the gutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Surprised you dialed down the charging speed, must be habit.

30kW DC is perfect and better than 22kW AC. Hardly anyone gets 22kW from the AC, but everyone can pull 30 on the DC

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

17kW max is still pretty ok though.

It's the JLR phevs with CCS that I worry about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Mercedes phevs have a CCS option also, I have my eye on Prius phevs, Honda clarity, Mitsubishi eclipse/outlander with chademo from japan.

Advertisement