Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain this summer (MOD WARNING IN POST 1)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Yep but the special brits go to spain. How can spain be doing well if they still nearly have 600 new cases in a day . I don"t see that as doing well. Mr Trump would.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yep but the special brits go to spain. How can spain be doing well if they still nearly have 600 new cases in a day . I don"t see that as doing well. Mr Trump would.

Spain has a population of 46.7m. 600 people is 0.0001%. That figure also includes backlog.

At its peak in Spain they had approx 9000 cases per day.

My area in Spain hasn’t had a hospitalised case of C19 since May 5th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

As long as you are happy is the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

As long as you are happy is the main thing.

Personally I'm delighted to get a few months in the sun. I can't wait to go over on the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Yep but the special brits go to spain.
    True. expecially to the main resorts.
    Have met British tourists and expats in Italy, France, and they were well educated and pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Looking forward to a week in Salou in August. Hopefully the 2 week isolation thing here will be gone by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I'm going to book a week in Spain for the middle of August, parents have a place there so should be similar to here but better weather. Reading some of the local news online for the area and cases are very low and things starting to get back to normal.

Anyone know how the new checks for entering Spain will work, do you need to prove where you will be staying? Obviously I won't have a hotel booking for my parents place so just wondering what needs to be provided

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

RoryMac wrote: »
    I'm going to book a week in Spain for the middle of August, parents have a place there so should be similar to here but better weather. Reading some of the local news online for the area and cases are very low and things starting to get back to normal.

Anyone know how the new checks for entering Spain will work, do you need to prove where you will be staying? Obviously I won't have a hotel booking for my parents place so just wondering what needs to be provided

This is all I could find in English:

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2020-06-19/spain-updates-covid-19-death-count-says-flare-ups-are-under-control.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

RoryMac wrote: »

Full details aren’t published yet. I suspect knowing the address and providing contact details of your parents will suffice

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2020/06/19/breaking-tourists-required-to-pass-three-health-controls-on-arrival-in-spain/

In seperate news Spain has banned cruise ships docking indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭billyhead

What if your staying in various addresses i.e different hostels each night. Do you have to provide every address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

otnomart wrote: »
    True. expecially to the main resorts.
    Have met British tourists and expats in Italy, France, and they were well educated and pleasant.

I go to Lanzarote twice a year at the moment and I’ve never had any problems with the British.

Now the Dubs on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Any news on the swimming pools are they still 30% capacity? Due to fly on 24th July to Salou but this is putting me off as kids spend most of the day in the pool

casio4 wrote: »
    Any news on the swimming pools are they still 30% capacity? Due to fly on 24th July to Salou but this is putting me off as kids spend most of the day in the pool

EDIT it’s now 75% as of today

It’s still 30%. As always with Spain things aren’t always clear. We are unsure what or if this capacity will be increased to from July. We kept out pool closed in June as the rules would have required us hiring someone to monitor pool. As I understand it though community pools are expected to reopen from July 1st but at what capacity is unclear.

We are considering keeping ours closed in July too. The potential fine for non conformance is very high

casio4 wrote: »

Just had this sent to me. This is the current rules as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does it look like there will be entry controls at Spanish airports on your return trip back to Ireland or will they be happy enough for you to be leaving the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

So looks like there aren't many restrictions in the Canary Islands. Is anyone considering going? We had written our family holiday off this year, nothing booked thank god but according to that article it may be back on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Does it look like there will be entry controls at Spanish airports on your return trip back to Ireland or will they be happy enough for you to be leaving the place?

Cant see why they would...?

They check you when you're coming into their country, so then it's Irelands job to check you coming in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

So looks like there aren't many restrictions in the Canary Islands. Is anyone considering going? We had written our family holiday off this year, nothing booked thank god but according to that article it may be back on the cards.

If they lift the 14 day thing here I will be looking at somewhere all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Knock Airport have opened with a selection of new Ryanair routes from July 1st, including Malaga, Alicante, Palma, Girona, etc. Great news and an interesting development...

https://twitter.com/Irelandwest/status/1274325228022386690?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

If they lift the 14 day thing here I will be looking at somewhere all right!

This is the $6M question? Due to fly on July 5 to Lanzarote and return on the 20th. If Ireland's 14 day quarantine ends on July 9, then we're fine or even if they extend it to July 20 (final stage of roadmap). If not, we can't go and our family loses €1,700 to Ryanair. Cost of switching slights is almost as much as the flights. Insurance won't cover us even if Irish Govt's non-essential travel advice is still in place. I'm sure there are thousands of Irish families in the same boat and waiting for some clarification or light at the end of the tunnel. If Ryanair cxl the flight, at least we get a refund or voucher. By the way flight was booked way back in January. It's now a waiting game. Cabinet committee are due to review later this week.

This is the $6M question? Due to fly on July 5 to Lanzarote and return on the 20th. If Ireland's 14 day quarantine ends on July 9, then we're fine or even if they extend it to July 20 (final stage of roadmap). If not, we can't go and our family loses €1,700 to Ryanair. Cost of switching slights is almost as much as the flights. Insurance won't cover us even if Irish Govt's non-essential travel advice is still in place. I'm sure there are thousands of Irish families in the same boat and waiting for some clarification or light at the end of the tunnel. If Ryanair cxl the flight, at least we get a refund or voucher. By the way flight was booked way back in January. It's now a waiting game. Cabinet committee are due to review later this week.

The only thing in your favour is that come 9th July Ireland will be the only EU country (forget the UK, they have different issues) with a quarantine in place and it will be very hard for the government to justify to not only Brussels but to businesses here aswell.

Also by July 9th the government can see how opening borders has impacted other EU countries.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Does anyone see the 14 day quarantine lasting beyond July 20th, assuming that date as being the date we enter the final phase does not change?

Whats the word from Lanzarote? Business as usual? Swimming pools operating as normal? Black Buffalo still flipping steaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Insurance won't cover us even if Irish Govt's non-essential travel advice is still in place.

Have you spoken to them about that yet?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Whats the word from Lanzarote? Business as usual? Swimming pools operating as normal? Black Buffalo still flipping steaks?

I just saw that the Lanzarote Village Hotel where I had booked from July 20 to July 28 is now not opening until September 1st.

I just saw that the Lanzarote Village Hotel where I had booked from July 20 to July 28 is now not opening until September 1st.

Oh, I hope you get your money back. The 14 day quarantine is a deal breaker but we also have concerns about the restaurants and most importantly the swimming pools for the kids when you get there. According to the article shared in this thread the canaries doesn't have the same pool restrictions as other parts of Spain. restricted swimming pools would be a deal breaker for us as it keeps the kids busy.

Oh, I hope you get your money back. The 14 day quarantine is a deal breaker but we also have concerns about the restaurants and most importantly the swimming pools for the kids when you get there. According to the article shared in this thread the canaries doesn't have the same pool restrictions as other parts of Spain. restricted swimming pools would be a deal breaker for us as it keeps the kids busy.
    same here about the pools not sure where you are going but I'm heading to Salou in Spain I emailed the apartments to see if pool was going to be open and then through a lot of googling and asking here found out the pools are allowed 75% capacity. Got email back to say pool definitely open so I'm going to take the chance and hope with a lot of people staying home and not travelling there won't be too many at the pool anyway

Also the restaurants won't be as busy either so just book in advance that day

• Advertisement

It wasn't a pre-pay so I'm ok that way. We're still going to go just going to sort something else accommodation wise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement