Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain this summer (MOD WARNING IN POST 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Your should get a job with Met Eireann so with that forecasting.

We've actually recorded a very low level of rainfall since April.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Is it Schengen countries only allowed in from 21st June?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Indeed, prolong the decision forcing us to staycation to get the economy moving. I for one will be either in Lanzarote or nowhere.

Staycation haha, i love it, last year i was looking to book someone in Ireland and ended up Seville, this country is a disgrace when it comes to ripping people off

Absolute horseshít, 48 new cases today and the number has been around 40-60 for about a week or more now.

Have you got a source for your numbers?

Spain had 314 new cases on June 10th, 427 on June 11th, 502 on June 12th, 396 on June 13th, 323 on June 14th. Spain stopped reporting the number of deaths a few weeks ago.

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

kenkin wrote: »
    Is it Schengen countries only allowed in from 21st June?

Dante7 wrote: »
    Ireland and the UK will also be allowed into Spain from the 21st June.

"Government sources confirmed on Sunday evening that despite having left the bloc earlier this year, the United Kingdom is still considered an EU member state given that it is in a transition period and enjoys full membership rights. This means that UK travelers will also be able to enter Spain from June 21."

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2020-06-14/spain-will-reopen-borders-to-eu-states-on-june-21-prime-minister-pedro-sanchez-tells-regional-chiefs.html

• Advertisement

Have you got a source for your numbers?

Spain had 314 new cases on June 10th, 427 on June 11th, 502 on June 12th, 396 on June 13th, 323 on June 14th. Spain stopped reporting the number of deaths a few weeks ago.

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/

At the bottom of the page you linked.

"'Total Cases' is the sum of total cases detected by PRC and antibodies tests."

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Booked Tenerife for end of July. Have Budapest booked for middle of July, but I don't think Aer Lingus are flying to Budapest until August unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Stacksey wrote: »
    Staycation haha, i love it, last year i was looking to book someone in Ireland and ended up Seville, this country is a disgrace when it comes to ripping people off

Exact same thing happened to me a few years ago.
    That plus the chances of crap weather here have made me only do foreign holidays for the last few years. None since March though and probably the rest of the year.

A family member asked us to share renting out a 3 bed house with them for 1 week in Kerry last summer (4 adults and 2 children altogether). I asked them how much was the accommodation and they said €1500. I thought not too bad, but it turned out it was each.

We declined and we went to the south of France. Flights, accommodation, car hire for 2 weeks came to just less than €1600. Probably would have been just over €1000 for the one week.

The ones that went to Kerry found someone else to go with them. They did have nice weather, but im listening to them ever since complaining about the prices of things down there.

no.8 wrote: »
    Your should get a job with Met Eireann so with that forecasting.

We've actually recorded a very low level of rainfall since April.

Its been lashing in Dublin the past week but yeah, Ireland is famous for its long hot sunny Summers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

JimmyVik wrote: »

That plus the chances of crap weather here have made me only do foreign holidays for the last few years. None since March though and probably the rest of the year.

A family member asked us to share renting out a 3 bed house with them for 1 week in Kerry last summer (4 adults and 2 children altogether). I asked them how much was the accommodation and they said €1500. I thought not too bad, but it turned out it was each.

We declined and we went to the south of France. Flights, accommodation, car hire for 2 weeks came to just less than €1600. Probably would have been just over €1000 for the one week.

The ones that went to Kerry found someone else to go with them. They did have nice weather, but im listening to them ever since complaining about the prices of things down there.

Funny.
    We got 12 nights in a 3 bedroom house in Donegal for €850. We can load up the car with anything we need
    5 beaches within 5km
    We can invite who we want to stay for a night or two

• Advertisement

Funny.
    We got 12 nights in a 3 bedroom house in Donegal for €850. We can load up the car with anything we need
    5 beaches within 5km
    We can invite who we want to stay for a night or two

This summer?
    Where did you get that?

VG31 wrote: »
    Their economy depends on tourism. They can't keep their borders closed forever.

Yes their economy does depend on tourism and of course they cannot keep their borders closed forever. But with a few hundred new cases a day and with the Spanish authorities not giving out the numbers of deaths I would be very very reluctant to go there. The Spanish authorities were slow to react to the coronavirus and the consequences of this were very very grim only a few weeks ago. And now again the Spanish authorities are putting the economy before peoples lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Yes their economy does depend on tourism and of course they cannot keep their borders closed forever. But with a few hundred new cases a day and with the Spanish authorities not giving out the numbers of deaths I would be very very reluctant to go there. The Spanish authorities were slow to react to the coronavirus and the consequences of this were very very grim only a few weeks ago. And now again the Spanish authorities are putting the economy before peoples lives.

Spain has many different regions, all quite different from each other. The Canary's, and Balaerics, and parts of mainland Spain have low to extremely low cases of Covid 19. Coupled with this, flights are short to and from Ireland, and airports, flights are easily accessible.
    My only question would be, should they reopen to outside the EU after July 1st, or just keep travel within the EEA for the time being. The US, and the America's are still in the grip of the epidemic.

Why are you persisting with the claim that they have a few hundred new cases each day? It has already been explained to you that that number includes historical antibody tests. Spain had a total of 48 new cases yesterday.

This summer?
    Where did you get that?

Online.
    Was advertised last week for a private holiday home

Others might have missed it as they were looking at flights to Tenerife or the price of a drink in Puerto del Carmen

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Anything I looked at was between 1500 - 2000 for 12 nights, and 800 for 4 nights self catering was a good price. Hope you enjoy it no matter what the weather brings, don't forget the endless social media posts also praising yourselves for your 'staycation' / green jersey, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nharrison02

Going to Spain on 3rd July with my wife and 2 kids. Looks like it's all going ahead fingers crossed. Aer Lingus have altered our flights times a bit but I am looking at that as positive because they are obviously getting the flights schedules updated and getting ready to start up again

Online.
    Was advertised last week for a private holiday home

Others might have missed it as they were looking at flights to Tenerife or the price of a drink in Puerto del Carmen

Thats all a bit vague isnt it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

you are looking in the wrong places 1.5 k each is daft , makey upy ****e. I got a 3 bed modern as hell place in donegal for 550 for a week in july

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Im going to Lanzarote for 8 nights towards the end of July and staying in the Lanzarote Village Hotel on a b and b basis.

Flights and accomadation for my wife and I is €1,120

8 nights in the Dingle Skellig Hotel for the same period (B&B) is €1,916

• Advertisement

Im going to Lanzarote for 8 nights towards the end of July and staying in the Lanzarote Village Hotel on a b and b basis.

dingle is a **** town and a rip off , its just for yanks , and since star wars prices are nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

You can follow the local news from El Pais which has an English version.
    In today's news: "With 70% of Spain in Phase 3 of the coronavirus deescalation plan, the regions resist allowing free movement.
    Fear of new outbreaks is also prompting regional governments to maintain limits on nighttime bars and nightclubs"
    https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-06-15/with-70-of-spain-in-phase-3-of-the-coronavirus-deescalation-plan-the-regions-resist-allowing-free-movement.html

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Manc_Red

I imagine as a clubbers holiday is an absolute no-no this year?

Surely flights will resume to Spain in late August at the latest?, I'm due to fly to Palma on the 8/08.

My gut feeling is that the Brits will flood Spain and trigger a second wave in July.

you are looking in the wrong places 1.5 k each is daft , makey upy ****e. I got a 3 bed modern as hell place in donegal for 550 for a week in july

Please point me to it?
    Im not saying you are lying. I would just like to be able to get a deal like that one too.

air bnb loads there then contact owner direct so you don't pay the daft €120 airbnb add on, you can look it up yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭fortyplus

Going to Spain on 3rd July with my wife and 2 kids. Looks like it's all going ahead fingers crossed. Aer Lingus have altered our flights times a bit but I am looking at that as positive because they are obviously getting the flights schedules updated and getting ready to start up again

Have something similar booked : Ryanair say they are flying from July 1st, but as it's against the Govt travel advice, your normal travel insurance is invalid: e.g. VHI multitrip, no doubt the others are the same. So in the (maybe unlikely) event of an accident, you are on your own, other than European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
    And Ryanair are selling travel insurance that is probably invalidated by the T&C!!

It looks unlikely that any travel restrictions will be lifted by July 1st??

Please point me to it?
    Im not saying you are lying. I would just like to be able to get a deal like that one too.

Done deal

Daft

You do the leg work

Is Lanzarote village hotel the same standard? Highly doubt it as Skelligs is a 5 star.
    Plus, there's huge demand for stats in Ireland so there is little availability pushing up prices

You could rent a large house for two whole families for a week in most holiday locations in Ireland for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

First of all the Dingle Skellig is a four star. As is Lanzarote Village.

You have some fetish with people not travelling chief, it's not healthy.

Considering you are on a travel forum and all that.

And even if I could rent two houses in Ireland for that price I DON'T WANT TO!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

You can travel from July 1st.

Spain accepting Irish tourists from then, or even beforehand.

Gardaí can no longer enforce restrictions here either, so the non essential travel is only advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement