Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Height requirements in dating

Options

Comments

Can you not just go for extra tiny women?

Come to China. I'd say the average height is 5.5/5.6. Vietnamese/Cambodian women seem to be often smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭pgj2015

If you ever meet a narky wasp of a man who starts roaring at you for some tiny non issue, it is usually a small man, A lot of small men hate tall men and take any opportunity to have a go at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MilitaryRoad

I ran into this non stop when I was online dating, I’d just ask them back what weight they were. It’s sad that the key criteria for evaluating men these days as suitors is whether we are over or under six foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Come to China. I'd say the average height is 5.5/5.6. Vietnamese/Cambodian women seem to be often smaller.

No I've always preferred the taller wans!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MilitaryRoad

pgj2015 wrote: »
    If you ever meet a narky wasp of a man who starts roaring at you for some tiny non issue, it is usually a small man, A lot of small men hate tall men and take any opportunity to have a go at them.

A lot of men don’t care what height you are, they are more interested in you having a normal personality and if you are dateable long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

Women do go out with short guys but they just don't want to be seen in public with them. ;)

Probably true

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Girl_harbour

I'm 5'9 and used to only date guys who were taller than me, mostly because guys shorter than me seemed to have some sort of complex about their height and would make you feel bad almost about being taller than them. Ended up marrying a guy shorter than me who doesnt care about his height and has nothing but positive things to say about me being taller! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

I'm 5ft 1, I wont date men over 6ft as they are way to tall for me

It's not for how we would look for the height gap etc, it's more to do with any type of physical intimacy being awkward.

Trying to hold hands, cuddles and even sex is just plain awkward and uncomfortable with someone who is over a foot taller than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Couldn't give a feck what height he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

I ran into this non stop when I was online dating, I’d just ask them back what weight they were. It’s sad that the key criteria for evaluating men these days as suitors is whether we are over or under six foot.

Doesn't matter what day it is. Women have evolved to find tall, broad shouldered men more attractive, as they possess the physical traits associated with being good protectors and providers. This is deep rooted, monkey brain instinct and no amount of 21st century right-on feminism can change it.

I'm 5ft 1, I wont date men over 6ft as they are way to tall for me

It's not for how we would look for the height gap etc, it's more to do with any type of physical intimacy being awkward.

Trying to hold hands, cuddles and even sex is just plain awkward and uncomfortable with someone who is over a foot taller than you.

Are ye riding standing up?

lukin wrote: »
    It's actually quite amazing how rare it is to see a short guy with a girl. I didn't notice it before but since I have made a mental note just to observe it while I am out and about in shops and public places it is very obvious.
    I know since lockdown we can't go into pubs and clubs but even before that I noticed it; nearly every single guy who is with a girl is at least 5 foot 9 and usually closer to six feet.
    Next time you are in your nearest town or city just take note of it, I guarantee you you will agree with me and say "Jeez I never noticed that before".
    How do you know the short guy hasn't left the missus at home? It's not like all couples are tied at the hip. I've worked with plenty of short guys over the years and they've nearly all had girlfriends.

Far away fields are greener.

I'm 6ft3ish and I wish i was shorter. More proportional, with a better spread of weight and muscle.

It's rare you'll meet guys who are tall and have much in the way of obvious muscle strength. I've always found that women (under 30) will be more attracted to guys with muscles than being tall/slim.

The good news, that (without seriously drastic measures, you cannot do much about height, but you can build muscle.

Small man syndrome. In a few years we'll look on it as a dysphoria, and people can identify as tall.

https://www.healthguidance.org/entry/15851/1/short-man-syndrome-explained.html

They're like terriers, over compensating with the yapping. Most likely to bite

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

How sad would it be to miss out on a soul mate because you can't figure out how to use perspective in life and photography?

Tall women, short men and black cats get by just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

My fiance is shorter than me. I am a ride, he is a ride. I couldn't give a fiddlers about height.

However hairy chest is a whole different conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Doesn't matter what day it is. Women have evolved to find tall, broad shouldered men more attractive, as they possess the physical traits associated with being good protectors and providers. This is deep rooted, monkey brain instinct and no amount of 21st century right-on feminism can change it.

What a load of bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Are ye riding standing up?

Well we know what kind of man you are from that comment.

Have you tried to hold the hand of someone when walking with in excess of a foot difference?
    Kiss on the cheek, or a hug when standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

What a load of bollix.

Its not, we're animals after all. Big boobs signify good mothering ability which is why men are hardwired to find them attractive. We are also subconsciously receptive to pheromones and studies have shown that we find the people with the most attractive scents are more likely to have a different innate immune system to you, meaning the babies will be less likely to die of disease.

I don't get why people can so matter of factly observe all this in other animals but refute it up and down when it comes to us

• Advertisement

There are some women who place great emphasis on the man being taller than them but some of those women probably aren't the type of woman you want to be with anyways and for the rest it's a dating preference I guess, even if it is a fairly shallow one.

We all have our preferences. I couldn't really date or be with a smoker because I, personally, think smoking is vile and I'm not interested outright if you are a single mother but then you could turn around and say that I am being fairly shallow but we like what we like.

As for shorter men feeling threated by a taller partner as another poster mentioned there, well that's just laughable, be comfortable with who you are FFS, then again a lot of men shoot themselves in the foot constantly with stuff like this so I can't say I'm surprised.

Tig98 wrote: »
    Its not, we're animals after all. Big boobs signify good mothering ability which is why men are hardwired to find them attractive. We are also subconsciously receptive to pheromones and studies have shown that we find the people with the most attractive scents are more likely to have a different innate immune system to you, meaning the babies will be less likely to die of disease.

I don't get why people can so matter of factly observe all this in other animals but refute it up and down when it comes to us

Because we are not animals, human interaction is not black and white and at the end of the day, we like what we like.

Just don't be a creep with a chip on your shoulder (very important) and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Because we are not animals, human interaction is not black and white and at the end of the day, we like what we like.

Just don't be a creep with a chip on your shoulder (very important) and you'll be fine.

Or don't be a chip with a creep on your shoulder.

Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Have a friend over 6”3.

He was always a real hit with ladies when we were out on various nights, always had his pick of women.

He’s married with kids now and I can assure you he’s just as miserable as any guy under 5”9.

Height doesn’t correlate to happiness it seems

Well we know what kind of man you are from that comment.

Have you tried to hold the hand of someone when walking with in excess of a foot difference?
    Kiss on the cheek, or a hug when standing?

Every day.
    I'm over a foot taller than herself.
    No problems.

Nonsense.
    We're all drawn to different size fun bags.
    I like them high and pert, cheeky ones, athletic physique. With a nice slim neck and tidy ear.

not pendulous, buxom type.
    Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

big boobs don't specify good mothering ability. Larger breasts don't produce more or better milk for infants. and other animals don't find large breasts attractive. swollen breasts indicate that a female is in estrus so likely to be receptive to mating.

I'm more of a leg man myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

big boobs don't specify good mothering ability. Larger breasts don't produce more or better milk for infants. and other animals don't find large breasts attractive. swollen breasts indicate that a female is in estrus so likely to be receptive to mating.

Yeah but if you had to choose between 2 attractive women, would the bigger boobs not be a factor in your decision?

It would for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yeah but if you had to choose between 2 attractive women, would the bigger boobs not be a factor in your decision?

It would for me.

attraction to large breasts is not universal. quality is more important than quantity for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement