Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Height requirements in dating

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

When I stand on my wallet I'm the tallest man around :D:D.

Being in good Physical shape, good looks, fashion sense, facial hair and good pick-up game, being experienced and good at sex and having wealth, financial security and assets is what helps attracts women especially the higher end top-tier women who can afford to be far choosier. The Ireland of today is far different in dating to around 15 years ago, inward immigration have given Irish men far greater diversity also to choose from and has forced Irish women to greatly up their own game to compete for the alpha males. Online dating apps have given both sexes far easier access to casual sex also and the Irish tragedy of alcoholism in finding a mate is slowly dying away.

El Hecko wrote: »
    And yet you probably dismiss short guys as subhuman.

You quoted her saying she doesn't.

This thread is depressing. I think irish men are gorgeous on the whole. Very sad that so many of you seem to think irish women are subpar to the rest of the world.

I don't believe her for one second that she considers short men to be attractive.

Well I'm sure you'd know more than she would about her own likes and feelings.

Do you want to tell me what men I like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

This thread is depressing. I think irish men are gorgeous on the whole. Very sad that so many of you seem to think irish women are subpar to the rest of the world.

A lot of Irish women are overweight...and or smoke....or both. Very unsexy.

• Advertisement

Imagine actually using the term chad in an unironic way

daheff wrote: »
    A lot of Irish women are overweight...and or smoke....or both. Very unsexy.

Unlike irish men. You'd be hard pushed to find an overweight irish man or one that's a smoker. And certainly you'd never find one that's both!

The main issue with Irish girls is that so many of you are unpleasant, if not downright aggressive and entitled feminists. Too many of you think you entitled to a 6' Chad when you're not all that much to look.

That's fine though. Us guys will stick to South American and SEA women.

Well they're welcome to you El Hecko.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The main issue with Irish girls is that so many of you are unpleasant, if not downright aggressive and entitled feminists. Too many of you think you entitled to a 6' Chad when you're not all that much to look.

That's fine though. Us guys will stick to South American and SEA women.
    I used to think that way when I was going to pubs and nightclubs during my 20's, but after taking up new hobbies and interests outside of the pub scene, I started to think differently. Plenty of sound attractive Irish women out there if you know where to look.

Every woman wants a man taller than her, height is attractive in men, full stop. That's why I cringe when someone tells a short guy to 'just find a girl who is 5'4 lol'.

The 5'4 girl wants a guy who is 6'+

Every woman? Wow!

I'm 5'4 and that's not true of me at all.

My sister is 5'8 and her husband is 5'5.

But please carry on with your broad generalisations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Some guys are picky and some are not.

Same with women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

People can discriminate on any grounds when it comes to dating.

Religion,race,skin colour,social class, discriminate against divorcees,single mothers, height,disabilities etc.

I wouldn't discriminate against any of the above bar divorcees and single mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Nah I don't care either. Despite some people thinking all women think the same. We actually don't.

I definitely don't care. I had a guy 6 foot 3 or something he had a thing for me, personally he annoyed me so I went out with a smallie instead just because he was a nicer guy. Men seem to not have a clue how women think at all.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Some guys are picky and some are not.

Same with women.

Yeah of course. That's fair enough Pherekydes.

It's just this comes up a lot on boards, not just on this thread. That irish women are horrible and can't compare to the rest of the world. Just makes me a bit sad to see so many guys here seem to feel that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Every woman wants a man taller than her, height is attractive in men, full stop. That's why I cringe when someone tells a short guy to 'just find a girl who is 5'4 lol'.

The 5'4 girl wants a guy who is 6'+

Grow a pair. Balls not legs.

Amazing you just happen to have a sister who is an outlier. Simply incredible.

And I don't understand why you are being so defensive. You want a healthy mate with good genes so you will have healthy children. Every woman does.

And in a man, good genes are demonstrated through height and a strong jawline. You don't have to feel guilty about wanting top tier men.

It's really not incredible, at all.

Top tier men?? Will you stop. It's clear you have a problem with women. Or at least irish women but now you're putting down men as well. Or men under 6ft anyway.

And if every woman wants a healthy mate bla bla bla then how do you explain those south american women you mentioned earlier being so ok with any man??

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭lavinia hathaway

I don't believe her for one second that she considers short men to be attractive.

:rolleyes: Handsome is as handsome does!

I said nothing negative at all about height, just how my height was perceived.
    As for dismissing anyone as sub human.... that's quite an assumption.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Closing for review, some of the posts on this thread toward women are an absolute disgrace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement