Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Height requirements in dating

Options
  • 08-06-2020 7:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Why are people so strict on them? I'm a 5ft 5in man and a woman on Tinder told me I was cute but too short. Said most of her friends feel the same way.

She's definitely not alone as this is a sentiment shared by many women. In fact there was a study that showed the height of a partner is more important for women than men.

What are short men supposed to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If your penis really is that size, send me a PM urgently.

To thine own self be true

Wear lifts like Tom Cruise or resurrect the Napoleonic wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Redneck Reject1971

Why are people so strict on them? I'm a 5ft 5in man and a woman on Tinder told me I was cute but too short. Said most of her friends feel the same way.

She's definitely not alone as this is a sentiment shared by many women. In fact there was a study that showed the height of a partner is more important for women than men.

Go on a midget dating site?heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

I'd say you'd get on well if you said she was too heavy for you.

Just put 'No fat chicks' as your tagline thing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Date girls who are 5”4 or don’t care.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It’s just a personal preference, that’s all.
    Height (for men) and weight (for women) are two areas that just seem to be an extra sensitive issue when it comes to other people not wanting to pursue things with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Dont overthink it Fegs , a friend of mine is 5 foot 4 , married a lovely girl whos 5foot 9in the States years ago.
    He lives in a real Hill Billy area in the States and says he fits in perfect.
    In saying that , she was a stripper in the bar he drank in.

...or resurrect the Napoleonic wars.

Napoleon was not short - fake news.

OP, you can change lots about yourself, your hair colour, your intellect (read more), your weight, build, but height is a tough one, and you're not going to change womankind's preference anytime soon... so, bar a pretty horrific operation (I think they do it in China) to add height, you need to adapt. And that may mean dating girls smaller than you. Or win the lotto. Them's your choices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Wear lifts like Tom Cruise or resurrect the Napoleonic wars.

Tom Cruise has extraordinary wealth and fame that overpowers any unattractive features he may have including his lack of height.

He's also good looking

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

SusieBlue wrote: »
    It’s just a personal preference, that’s all.
    Height (for men) and weight (for women) are two areas that just seem to be an extra sensitive issue when it comes to other people not wanting to pursue things with them.

The thing is women in most cases can lose weight..Men can't gain height short of extreme leg-lengthening surgeries.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So...
    Size
    Does
    Matter???

I KNEW it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

D3GFWriX4AAKdHI.jpg

banie01 wrote: »
    So...
    Size
    Does
    Matter???

I KNEW it!!!!

You always KNEW it, you were just in denial :p

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

Women don't date men shorter then them unless you are Danny Devito.

You always KNEW it, you were just in denial :p

No...
    I was in your mom :P

banie01 wrote: »
    No...
    I was in your mom :P

Ah, so you have experimented with heterosexual sex :pac:

I knew a guy who was quite short but had the gift of the gab and some sort of magical quality that attracted women to him, so I wouldn't get too hung up on height. You can't change your height anymore than I can change my past so you may as well forget it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Redneck Reject1971

Look if they are more focused on your physical appearance and not on your intelligence.They are not worth the effort,so don't sell yourself short.There are people out there for you,so don't rush it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

Being serious though, such preference is biologically encoded. Dating shorter men hasn't exactly been advantageous in the Darwinian world it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

hmmm, a short man being overly angry about the fact he's short....

Are short men the male 'Karen'?

Ah, so you have experimented with heterosexual sex :pac:

I'd like to say yes...
    I checked with the wife and she said what I do is definitely experimental, but barely sex! :(

Still...

At least I'm tall, I have that at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Lyan wrote: »

And who can blame them?

0cd.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

And who can blame them?

0cd.gif

Is he auditioning to play Gollum there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Lyan wrote: »

If Rhea Pearlman was taller then there could not have been more than a few inches in it.

Bernie Ecclestone is the gold standard for short man with tall women (the money helped, no doubt).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Being too tall isn't great either. Seats don't fit, legroom issues on pubic transport etc. Back problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Marcusm wrote: »
    Bernie Ecclestone is the gold standard for short man with tall women (the money helped, no doubt).

Certainly didn’t hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I'm 5, 7' foot. It's not an issue once you accept ok there are women out there who like height. That's cool, there are also women who don't even care about height.

Just like there are men who don't like tall women or prefer a certain body type. It's only people making excuses for themselves as to why they can't succeed romantically when they talk about height.

It's only a bit of rejection, someone said no, whoopdi di, move on with your day and move onto someone else who you fancy. Maybe don't tar women with one brush with generalising sayings like "they only like height" or my favourite ", if you have a job with a six figure salary, tall, good looking then a woman, will pay attention to you" It's all reductive and points to a pathetic victim mentality.

You'd swear the lovely mothers these people have weren't young and single at one point and got with a shorty themselves to give birth to their short a***!

Honestly though if you're even half decent looking and connect on an emotive and intellectual level you're golden. Most, from my limited experience, women mostly want a kind, nice man who they can feel good and comfortable around.

Look if they are more focused on your physical appearance and not on your intelligence.They are not worth the effort,so don't sell yourself short.There are people out there for you,so don't rush it.

You have to pass the visual test first, intelligence is pretty irrelevant until you pass that, at least for situations where you aren't forced by circumstance to get to know each other.

• Advertisement

chrissb8 wrote: »
    It's only a bit of rejection, someone said no, whoopdi di, move on with your day and move onto someone else who you fancy.

Unless they are literally the next person next to the person that shot you down. :D

Although, it takes some balls to do that though, and I can guarantee you that type of person has had more sexual partners than most.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement