Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Dickie10 wrote: »
    crazy to think the little or large village pub with 6 or 7 people in a night is shut yet there letting anyine into the country. of course the curtin twitchers will blame the pub if we get more cases.

There should be an instant ban for anyone using the term "curtain twitchers". It's solely used to try and diminish someone's concern over the pandemic by resorting to name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Hooked

Brilliant. Thanks. So I'm in Dublin, if the Gardai pull me in Sligo on the 21st I'm in the clear?

July 20th date was brought back to June 29th!!!

Travel ban is GONE. On your bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Brilliant. Thanks. So I'm in Dublin, if the Gardai pull me in Sligo on the 21st I'm in the clear?

Tell 'em that you are living in the free country!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

VonLuck wrote: »
    There should be an instant ban for anyone using the term "curtain twitchers". It's solely used to try and diminish someone's concern over the pandemic by resorting to name calling.

It’s just an opinion. But with some only one opinion is allowed. That which fits with said people

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

No that changed in June 29th where you can travel nationally around the country, it was supposed to be July 20th but Phase 3 was brought in three weeks earlier than planned and July 20th will now be Phase 4.

Thanks to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Not that I'm much a fan of the place, and I would prefer to support independent coffee shops, but I was just wondering what's going on with Costa Ireland?

They're the only convenient coffee place near where I work usually and they're not open. The store looks completely abandoned with a big sign up just saying it's closed and there's no cash on premises. Their social media feeds look to have stopped posting several weeks ago too, but the UK stores are definitely all up and running.

It just seems odd given a lot of their suburban / business park stores are pretty big spaces and could definitely handle socially distanced tables without much fuss. I think the one near where I work was even 2m+ between tables long before any of this ever happened.

Seems to be a lot of UK retailers going bang here.

The Costa in Applegreen in Tullamore is open since Wednesday.

I asked the lad working there whats the story with the rest of them and he said they will open on July 20th.

Obviously the powers that be are busy curtain twitching

I wouldn’t mind locking down again at all. No traffic, no crowds. I thought it was very pleasant indeed

This is a disgusting post and one I have sadly seen again and again.

The lack of traffic is the sound of people losing their jobs and the economy collapsing. Those people could be losing their homes very soon.

But as long as its pleasant for you thats ok I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

The Costa near my house has also remained closed. I was chatting to a lady outside, who said that her friend worked in the cafe, and apparently they are not opening again until September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

This is a disgusting post and one I have sadly seen again and again.

The lack of traffic is the sound of people losing their jobs and the economy collapsing. Those people could be losing their homes very soon.

But as long as its pleasant for you thats ok I guess?

Im still not back to work and this fella would love another lockdown :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread.

Hahaha! Delusion.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

bush wrote: »
    Im still not back to work and this fella would love another lockdown :mad:

We will have another lockdown. It's happening in other places, unfortunately it will happen here too.

And given the pics I saw at the weekend with the streets thronged with revellers who were ignoring social distancing, I reckon it will be sooner rather than later.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for another lockdown at the moment, I just think a hell of a lot of people are being irresponsible and pretty much 'asking for it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

BattleCorp wrote: »
    We will have another lockdown. It's happening in other places, unfortunately it will happen here too.

And given the pics I saw at the weekend with the streets thronged with revellers who were ignoring social distancing, I reckon it will be sooner rather than later.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for another lockdown at the moment, I just think a hell of a lot of people are being irresponsible and pretty much 'asking for it'.
    If asking for it is about 25 cases a day or lower after 7 weeks of easing restrictions then yes we are. We can expect cases to continue but we will have to live with the presence of the disease. Keeping its prevalence as low as possible is the aim.

BattleCorp wrote: »

Keep in mind that the disease easily has the potential to stick around for longer than our resources can handle.

Michael Martin already stated that a 2nd lockdown would kill us financially.

If there is a 2nd national lockdown, even more people will be unemployed than last time. And we have less to give.

The pot is constantly shrinking but the people in need would be increasing.

Either a vaccine comes along very soon or we are forced to move forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

road_high wrote: »
    It’s just an opinion. But with some only one opinion is allowed. That which fits with said people

So if it's my opinion that you are an axxxxxe that's fine to say it here then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

is_that_so wrote: »
    If asking for it is about 25 cases a day or lower after 7 weeks of easing restrictions then yes we are. We can expect cases to continue but we will have to live with the presence of the disease. Keeping its prevalence as low as possible is the aim.

Yes , that ..is the aim .
    But won't be possible if those scenes that happened at the weekend continue, he is right too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

How will they manage mass at Christmas. On the box ? or will passes be given on the basis of loyalty points? Maybe they could have a few ‘corporate‘ rows?

But what is clear is that most of us will be having our Christmas dinners at home.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Yes , that ..is the aim .
    But won't be possible if those scenes that happened at the weekend continue, he is right too.
    Oh I know, but we'll keep getting prodded to cop on to ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,000 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Oh I know, but we'll keep getting prodded to cop on to ourselves!

Unfortunately I have the feeling that even if you used a cattle prod, most of those we saw in Dublin city center last weekend would still not cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Grand so let’s wear masks in enclosed spaces and stop inviting the virus in yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

How will they manage mass at Christmas. On the box ? or will passes be given on the basis of loyalty points? Maybe they could have a few ‘corporate‘ rows?

But what is clear is that most of us will be having our Christmas dinners at home.

Most of us usually do no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Most of us usually do no?

Correct. It was a preemptive strike.

And while I do like the odd meal and drink out, I certainly will not miss the work lunch out.

I doubt the pubs will reopen next week fully. The mood music is back to the scaremongering soundtrack and threatening again. That and foreign travel are the core Covidmania shames of sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I doubt the pubs will reopen next week fully. The mood music is back to the scaremongering soundtrack and threatening again. That and foreign travel are the core Covidmania shames of sin.

I think the pubs will open on 20th. FF are all for the publicans! but I do expect a bit of caution re foreign travel. And a clear message re SD and mask wearing.

The lack of leadership and clear messages from Gov is very disappointing. It's not as if Covid landed on the new Administration's desk on day one. Anyway they had to wait for Arlene, so now we are beholden to the UK one way or another, unless we close the border. Not Going To Happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

We've not seen the numbers reflect anything from the stage 3 reopening yet but as it stands the numbers would not be preventive.

They're reminding everyone what to do and what not to do. If you can go into a pub and order a €9 toastie with a pint you can go in for a pint. Doesn't exactly make the risk higher or lower

tom1ie wrote: »
    Grand so let’s wear masks in enclosed spaces and stop inviting the virus in yeah?
    Some of these new cases seem to be coming out of young(er) 'uns being in higher risk locations where you'd never wear a mask anyway. We won't hit zero and will be very dependent on our testing system kicking in and isolating any outbreaks.

Some of these new cases seem to be coming out of young(er) 'uns being in higher risk locations where you'd never wear a mask anyway. We won't hit zero and will be more dependent on our testing system kicking in and isolating any outbreaks.

What locations are these?

We've not seen the numbers reflect anything from the stage 3 reopening yet but as it stands the numbers would not be preventive.

They're reminding everyone what to do and what not to do. If you can go into a pub and order a €9 toastie with a pint you can go in for a pint. Doesn't exactly make the risk higher or lower

When has logic and numbers really came into it? “Caution” trumps all with corona (mania)

What locations are these?
    House parties for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

When has logic and numbers really came into it? “Caution” trumps all with corona (mania)

Numbers have always come into it. If you see adverse effects from one phase they'll rethink the next.

We've not had major issues with reopenings at the moment.

Without valid justification theres no reason come the 20th the final phase doesn't take place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Still feck all community transmission, just have to watch the imported cases now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement