Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IV - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Are employers notified that you have to quarantine when you return from abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

GocRh wrote: »
    The Irish Times headlines today looking very biased:

'Travel restrictions to stay, green list put on hold' - according to unnamed sources and not official
    'It's reopening way to fast' headline just below, including interview with some professor saying we shouldn't reopen to travel for another 5 years!

The independent and the journal are not reporting any changes to the green list plan.
    20 July is two weeks anyway and really no big deal at this stage. I'd also ease off on the insults about people who are anxious about the speed of reopening. We continue to deal with this in our own ways. The article is a lot more than the clickbait headline. Found it an interesting cross section of opinions myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,914 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Are you covered by travel and health insurance if you travel contrary to government advice ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

charlie14 wrote:
    Are you covered by travel and health insurance if you travel contrary to government advice ?

Not for anything Covid related but that would be the case regardless of the travel advice in place from the government.

Beyond that I am having trouble finding anything definite. I tried ringing my insurer this morning but is seems they are only open Monday to Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

charlie14 wrote: »

I doubt it. In the EU get your EHIC from the HSE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭Penfailed

You're not covered for travel. I'm not sure about health. Check with your insurance provider.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GocRh

Seanachai wrote: »
    Are employers notified that you have to quarantine when you return from abroad?

No, arrival form does not have any employment details.
    In any case the last thing you should do is return to work if you travel. I'm planning on restricting my movements following any future travel until there's a vaccine or no new cases.

Penfailed wrote: »
    You're not covered for travel. I'm not sure about health. Check with your insurance provider.

EHIC will still cover any health emergencies in the EU. But it won't cover travel disruptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

GocRh wrote:
    EHIC will still cover any health emergencies in the EU. But it won't cover travel disruptions.

That's good enough for me 😊

is_that_so wrote: »
    I'd also ease off on the insults about people who are anxious about the speed of reopening.

I did not make any reference to people who are uneasy about the reopening. Everyone will adapt at their own pace.

My only reference was to the statement from the professor interviewed by the IT, which shows how partial and biased IT's editorial has become as they have not included any medical opinion for a risk based, and gradual, reopening.

• Advertisement

Thanks. With the present recommendations I will not be traveling abroad, but it is something anyone who is planning too should take into account.That and if they are covered by the European Health Insurance Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭gral6

No, arrival form does not have any employment details.
    In any case the last thing you should do is return to work if you travel. I'm planning on restricting my movements following any future travel until there's a vaccine or no new cases.

Yes, if you are drawing your stamps, it is an option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

How are you going to manage wearing your face mask on a flight for a couple of hours when you could barely breathe when getting your hair cut?

Ha. It's mad how common this is among my mates. Won't entertain the thought of a mask in their day to day. They're a load of bollix apparently.

But then when it came to talking about a trip abroad we all had planned later this year. And whether it should be switched to a weekend away in Ireland as some expressed reservations. Masks became the main argument for why it will be safe to fly and that masks are mandatory where we were going.

I've no problem flying to a country that has managed covid well. I mask up in shops here and I'd do the same on public transport if I used it. So I'd do the same in another country. But the amount of hypocrisy surrounding masks is mental. Sh1te when it suits one argument. But fúcking brilliant when it suits another one.

Anyone considering travelling should also know that welfare inspectors are collecting the name, date of birth and PPS number of all departing passengers at the boarding gate.

Anyone considering travelling should also know that welfare inspectors are collecting the name, date of birth and PPS number of all departing passengers at the boarding gate.

AFAIK no payments for the period they are out of the country or for the two week quarantine when they return.
    If that is case,it would be an expensive holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

AFAIK no payments for the period they are out of the country or for the two week quarantine when they return.
    If that is case,it would be an expensive holiday

Not correct. people in receipt of social welfare can take two weeks holiday. The quarantine period could possibly withheld. Social welfare officers have no right to ask passengers for personal details.

polesheep wrote: »
    Not correct. people in receipt of social welfare can take two weeks holiday. The quarantine period could possibly withheld. Social welfare officers have no right to ask passengers for personal details.

Have the rules changed on holidays and Social Welfare payments ?
    My understanding was that while your were entitled to take two weeks holidays in the year, you had to inform Social Welfare before doing so.

Have the rules changed on holidays and Social Welfare payments ?
    My understanding was that while your were entitled to take two weeks holidays in the year, you had to inform Social Welfare before doing so.

You do, but you don't have to tell them where you are going. People on social welfare aren't prisoners FFS!

That is not true.

You do, but you don't have to tell them where you are going. People on social welfare aren't prisoners FFS!

Never said they were, but if their names do turn up as traveling abroad when recommended not to, it looks as if they will lose four weeks payments

• Advertisement

Never said they were, but if their names do turn up as traveling abroad when recommended not to, it looks as if they will lose four weeks payments

Wrong again. Do you honestly think that people on social welfare can be singled out for special treatment like that? On second thoughts, you don't, you're just stirring it.

That is not true.

I've traveled this Wednesday and have photos to prove.

Also reported by the media a few months ago that inspections are being carried out

https://www.extra.ie/2020/05/08/news/irish-news/e1million-covid-payment-scam

I've traveled this Wednesday and have photos to prove.

Also reported by the media a few months ago that inspections are being carried out

https://www.extra.ie/2020/05/08/news/irish-news/e1million-covid-payment-scam

I travelled yesterday for essential travel and there was no such controls. There may be some random checks but to say that there are welfare controls on every departure from Dublin is not true.

I travelled yesterday for essential travel and there was no such controls. There may be some random checks but to say that there are welfare cont old on every departure from Dublin is not true.

You could have mentioned what you've experienced on your response, but you chose to call my comment a lie.

How about we have a constructive debate?

I was flying to Frankfurt. All passengers were required to provide their PPS and show an ID. A Garda officer was assisting the operation. Perhaps my flight was targeted as Frankfurt is a large international hub.
    I did not have the time to see if other flights were also being inspected, but I was aware inspections were taking place at the airport.

Where were you flying to?

BTW I'm not PC police and I don't care if your trip was essential. Let's all mind our own business shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

You could have mentioned what you've experienced on your response, but you chose to call my comment a lie.

How about we have a constructive debate?

I was flying to Frankfurt. All passengers were required to provide their PPS and show an ID. A Garda officer was assisting the operation. Perhaps my flight was targeted as Frankfurt is a large international hub.
    I did not have the time to see if other flights were also being inspected, but I was aware inspections were taking place at the airport.

Where were you flying to?

BTW I'm not PC police and I don't care if your trip was essential. Let's all mind our own business shall we?

"Required" to? Under what law? What if you didn't know your PPS number? What if you just refused?

"Required" to? Under what law? What if you didn't know your PPS number? What if you just refused?

I had nothing to hide and didn't want any more stress - flying during a pandemic was stressful enough. So I didn't refuse or asked questions. But I would have refused under normal circumstances.

I do plan to send an email to the Data Protection Officer and to Social Welfare requesting clarifications and the purpose of the indiscriminate data collection on my flight.

Wrong again. Do you honestly think that people on social welfare can be singled out for special treatment like that? On second thoughts, you don't, you're just stirring it.

I wasn`t stirring anything. Garda and Social Welfare officers were carrying out inspections at airports as far back as two months ago

Yesterday the Department of Employment Affairs & Social protection announced that anyone traveling abroad on holiday who are recipients of Jobseekers, Supplementary Welfare Allowance or the Pandemic Unemployment Payment Scheme will not receive payment for their time on holiday or for the two week quarantine period on their return. .

I wasn`t stirring anything. Garda and Social Welfare officers were carrying out inspections at airports as far back as two months ago

Yesterday the Department of Employment Affairs & Social protection announced that anyone traveling abroad on holiday who are recipients of Jobseekers, Supplementary Welfare Allowance or the Pandemic Unemployment Payment Scheme will not receive payment for their time on holiday or for the two week quarantine period on their return. .

You need to check what supplementary welfare allowance is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

is someone missing a trick in Ireland, seems like a clever idea.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1279313016161435654

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

You need to check what supplementary welfare allowance is.

Not really as I`m not a recipient.

Neither am I under Jobseekers Allowance or the Pandemic Unemployment Payment Scheme.

As of yesterday anybody that is receiving payment under any of those three should be aware that according to the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection should they go abroad on holidays they will not receive payment for the time away, or for the two week quarantine period upon their return.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement