Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Even an old cynic like me would be impressed by that.

It'd be some sight for sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

It is entirely possible he worked in the building. that doesn't mean he was working on alien technology. as for the hand scanner what is the big deal? we know hand scanners existed.

it was a hanger built into the side of a mountain.

the big deal about the scanner was no one believed him when he said about it as nobody knew it even existed. 30 years later then one shows up.

also, brought friends out to see the UFO test flights on 3 different occasions at Papooose lake and not groom lake, he knew the exact time the ufos would be flown. i have no doubt he worked on Alien Tech there

there are no holes in his story and if he was lying it would have come out by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMBC

I was thinking Erich von Däniken and his 1968 book, Chariots of the Gods.

I read a few of Von Daniken's books early 70s and was fascinated by his theories. But in recent years I read that he was a charlatan and made up measurements to fit his theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bangkok wrote: »
    it was a hanger built into the side of a mountain.

the big deal about the scanner was no one believed him when he said about it as nobody knew it even existed. 30 years later then one shows up.

also, brought friends out to see the UFO test flights on 3 different occasions at Papooose lake and not groom lake, he knew the exact time the ufos would be flown. i have no doubt he worked on Alien Tech there

there are no holes in his story and if he was lying it would have come out by now.

30 years later one showed up? what are you on about? He claims to have started working there in late 80's. did we only get hand scanner 30 years after that? are you forgetting that he claims to hold degrees that he doesn't? He claims to have been asked to work on alien technology though he never got further than a junior college. does that hold up to you?

30 years later one showed up? what are you on about? He claims to have started working there in late 80's. did we only get hand scanner 30 years after that? are you forgetting that he claims to hold degrees that he doesn't? He claims to have been asked to work on alien technology though he never got further than a junior college. does that hold up to you?

a hand scanner with longs pins on it as he described it, used to measure the size of bones in your hand he thought at the time. years later was found out thats what the US navy used.

his name showed up in the Los Alamos National Laboratory phone directory, you dont go there unless you have a degree, do you think they hired him straight from school??

there no chance in hell someone can lie that much for years and not get found out. he knew way too much

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    a hand scanner with longs pins on it as he described it, used to measure the size of bones in your hand he thought at the time. years later was found out thats what the US navy used.

his name showed up in the Los Alamos National Laboratory phone directory, you dont go there unless you have a degree, do you think they hired him straight from school??

there no chance in hell someone can lie that much for years and not get found out. he knew way too much

he appeared in a phone directory. that doesnt mean he was a physicist or anything like that. we know he wasnt anything of that caliber as he doesn't have the education for it.

he appeared in a phone directory. that doesnt mean he was a physicist or anything like that. we know he wasnt anything of that caliber as he doesn't have the education for it.

Be fairly easy to delete someones record from a college database in fairness.

How did he know about the ufo test flights and what time they were doing them at?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why do people take everything Lazar says as gospel?

Especially when there is little or no proof of most of what he claims to be true.

What about someone like jesse marcel at roswell, highly decorated career, said what crashed at roswell was aliens and the photo of him with the "wreckage" for the media wasnt the wreckage at all just swapped in for the photo.

He took some of the real wreckage home and woke his 10 year old son that night to show it to him and said he will never see anything like it ever again in his life

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

The Bob Lazar story is interesting. Yes, his qualification history is undocumented but his claim that part of his history was erased to discredit him is evidential in the way in which he was indeed employed by Los Alamos laboratory (pay slips from the Department of Naval Intelligence and his name in the Los Alamos phone book) and at a later court hearing (installing cctv cameras in an illegal brothel) when he was facing 5 years imprisonment. Again, he claimed to work for Los Alamos in S4 before a judge. This would have been the time to come clean if he had to.

The judge also stated that he could not find many records of Lazar, such as his birth certificate.

At the time he was also ridiculed for suggesting the Department of Naval Intelligence would be associated with this project. Along with some of his other claims, look how often the Department of Naval Intelligence has come up in association with UFOs since then (Google ONI UFOs, AATIP was funded by them).

I agree, it's interesting what he said about element 115 being used to power the crafts but that wouldn't be one of the things to make me believe him, because the elements are named in numeric order. Therefore it was possible an element 115 would be discovered at some point.

• Advertisement

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    The Bob Lazar story is interesting. Yes, his qualification history is undocumented but his claim that part of his history was erased to discredit him is evidential in the way in which he was indeed employed by Los Alamos laboratory (pay slips from the Department of Naval Intelligence and his name in the Los Alamos phone book) and at a later court hearing (installing cctv cameras in an illegal brothel) when he was facing 5 years imprisonment. Again, he claimed to work for Los Alamos in S4 before a judge. This would have been the time to come clean if he had to.

The judge also stated that he could not find many records of Lazar, such as his birth certificate.

At the time he was also ridiculed for suggesting the Department of Naval Intelligence would be associated with this project. Along with some of his other claims, look how often the Department of Naval Intelligence has come up in association with UFOs since then (Google ONI UFOs, AATIP was funded by them).

I agree, it's interesting what he said about element 115 being used to power the crafts but that wouldn't be one of the things to make me believe him, because the elements are named in numeric order. Therefore it was possible an element 115 would be discovered at some point.

Yes he worked at los alamos, that much seems probable. What job did he have though? It seems odd that somebody who worked on alien technology would end up installing CCTV in a brothel.

Lazar was quickly becoming known as a thinking outside the box type of scientist with his ideas on propulsion. Following his conversation he claimed he had with Edward Teller (who indeed was speaking at Los Alamos on that day which coincided with Lazar being on the front page of their newspaper, citing him as a scientist at the lab), may have recommended him. Teller once refused to acknowledge that he did not know Lazar and refused to talk about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Yes he worked at los alamos, that much seems probable. What job did he have though? It seems odd that somebody who worked on alien technology would end up installing CCTV in a brothel.

Is also seems odd that someone who worked with Alien technology would have their educational and birth certs eliminated from public record in the days where a single file gone missing from a file cabinet would adequately remove someone's trace.

Did he admit to installing CCTV in a brothel? who's to say it wasn't an attempt to discredit him. Maybe he is a secret pervert, that doesn't really make him any less credible imo. This wacko also installed a Jet engine on his bicycle.

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Is also seems odd that someone who worked with Alien technology would have their educational and birth certs eliminated from public record in the days where a single file gone missing from a file cabinet would adequately remove someone's trace.

Did he admit to installing CCTV in a brothel? who's to say it wasn't an attempt to discredit him. Maybe he is a secret pervert, that doesn't really make him any less credible imo. This wacko also installed a Jet engine on his bicycle.

He was asked to install cctv by the owner. His appearance in court only furthers his credibility as he told the judge he worked at S4. The judge also said he couldn't find records of Lazar. Facing 5 years imprisonment, I'm certain this would be the right time for honesty.

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    He was asked to install cctv by the owner. His appearance in court only furthers his credibility as he told the judge he worked at S4. The judge also said he couldn't find records of Lazar. Facing 5 years imprisonment, I'm certain this would be the right time for honesty.

yes if he was ever going to come clean, that court case would have been where he would have done it

also, him even knowing about S4. i just put it into google maps to see did anything come up and you can zoom right into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

I’ve found this topic very interesting for a number of years, I believe the most compelling case is David Fravor from the nimitz ufo incident, unexplained by the pentagon and backed up by credible accounts, it’s mind boggling

However, regarding lazar, i would question his legitimacy, there is a detailed documentary which debunks a lot of the documentary maker and lazar, i will try find the link but astonishingly something that appears to have been missed is that the hand recognition software lazar speaks about was actually in a very brief scene in the movie close encounters of the third kind which shows an almost identical piece of hand recognition software that Lazar described so one doesn’t have to take a giant leap to see where they got the idea from. The documentary about lazar is made by a guy called jeremy corbell who claims that close encounters of the third kind is his favorite movie and he watched it numerous times yet claims to never have seen the hand recognition software yet it clear as day in the movie!

I will try find the link but I think a as lot of what corbell and some of what lazar describes is total bs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Here is some more food for though about the inter-dimensional theory.

The most popular message by far that aliens pass on to people is to warn them about nuclear weapons, telling them that we should get rid of them at once or we will destroy the planet. Whitley Streiber says they showed him a mental image of the planet exploding into pieces.

There have been a lot of UFO sightings over nuclear power plants and military bases where nukes are being stored.
    Back at the time of the Roswell crash, they were storing nuclear missiles there. UFOs were spotted over the base for about a month or so before the crash.
    Same with the Rendlesham Forest incident in England in 1980. US nukes were being stored there secretly. The UFOs are often seen shining what looks like a beam of light into the silos and warehouses where the missiles are kept.

Even more bizarre, in a US base, that happened, and somehow a missile was completely dismantled and all the pieces laid out perfectly on the floor in the space of a couple of minutes.

In another base in America the missiles started to go offline one by one so that they couldn't be launched. technicians couldn't understand why as there was no fault in the system.
    In an incident in the Soviet Union missiles actually went into launch sequence on their own and couldn't be stopped, they had to start pulling fuses to prevent them from launching.

There have also been UFOs seen buzzing missiles during test launches, the missiles either broke up or exploded in mid-air.

So why would aliens be so interested in nukes and nuclear energy if they have moved so far beyond it or even by-passed it altogether?
    Well, there are scientists who believe that a nuclear explosion doesn't just effect us in our dimension, it is so powerful that it can actually have an effect on other dimensions too.

Maybe when we test nukes we are also doing damage in their world. So if we ever had a nuclear war it might be just as bad for them over there as it is for us over here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

They must be terrified of neutron stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

The most popular message by far that aliens pass on to people is to warn them about nuclear weapons, telling them that we should get rid of them at once or we will destroy the planet. Whitley Streiber says they showed him a mental image of the planet exploding into pieces.

There have been a lot of UFO sightings over nuclear power plants and military bases where nukes are being stored.
    Back at the time of the Roswell crash, they were storing nuclear missiles there. UFOs were spotted over the base for about a month or so before the crash.
    Same with the Rendlesham Forest incident in England in 1980. US nukes were being stored there secretly. The UFOs are often seen shining what looks like a beam of light into the silos and warehouses where the missiles are kept.

Even more bizarre, in a US base, that happened, and somehow a missile was completely dismantled and all the pieces laid out perfectly on the floor in the space of a couple of minutes.

In another base in America the missiles started to go offline one by one so that they couldn't be launched. technicians couldn't understand why as there was no fault in the system.
    In an incident in the Soviet Union missiles actually went into launch sequence on their own and couldn't be stopped, they had to start pulling fuses to prevent them from launching.

There have also been UFOs seen buzzing missiles during test launches, the missiles either broke up or exploded in mid-air.

So why would aliens be so interested in nukes and nuclear energy if they have moved so far beyond it or even by-passed it altogether?
    Well, there are scientists who believe that a nuclear explosion doesn't just effect us in our dimension, it is so powerful that it can actually have an effect on other dimensions too.

Maybe when we test nukes we are also doing damage in their world. So if we ever had a nuclear war it might be just as bad for them over there as it is for us over here.

I’ve always been a sceptic, however, I only read about the incident in Zimbabwe at the school were the aliens warned the children of the same thing. Their were 100 children who witnessed it, all interviewed separately with the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Hopefully the intergalactic federation does something about nuclear weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

How many nukes would it take to blow the earth to pieces?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“And guess who's been practicing medicine without a license?
    That's right, Homer Simpson”

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Definitely this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

a guy who claims that close encounters of the third kind is his favorite movie and he watched it numerous times yet claims to never have seen the hand recognition software yet it clear as day in the movie!

Love this scene from Close Encounters, at the start it looks like a truck pulling up behind him and then different colours of light travelling upwards. Speilberg had a good eye for detail.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I’ve found this topic very interesting for a number of years, I believe the most compelling case is David Fravor from the nimitz ufo incident, unexplained by the pentagon and backed up by credible accounts, it’s mind boggling

However, regarding lazar, i would question his legitimacy, there is a detailed documentary which debunks a lot of the documentary maker and lazar, i will try find the link but astonishingly something that appears to have been missed is that the hand recognition software lazar speaks about was actually in a very brief scene in the movie close encounters of the third kind which shows an almost identical piece of hand recognition software that Lazar described so one doesn’t have to take a giant leap to see where they got the idea from. The documentary about lazar is made by a guy called jeremy corbell who claims that close encounters of the third kind is his favorite movie and he watched it numerous times yet claims to never have seen the hand recognition software yet it clear as day in the movie!

I will try find the link but I think a as lot of what corbell and some of what lazar describes is total bs

https://youtu.be/VmJLSuLmgdg That’s the link to the video I mentioned, if you watch from 9 minutes in it goes over the hand scanner, I think Corbells credibility is questionable to say the least.

Finally I am convinced that fravors story from the nimitz ufo incident is legitimate however Lazar I’m not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

https://youtu.be/VmJLSuLmgdg That’s the link to the video I mentioned, if you watch from 9 minutes in it goes over the hand scanner, I think Corbells credibility is questionable to say the least.

Finally I am convinced that fravors story from the nimitz ufo incident is legitimate however Lazar I’m not so sure.

Typical Corbell interview goes something like this...

Corbell: "I have seen alien body parts in the flesh"
    Interviewer: "So did you take photos or anything"
    Corbell: "my battery died that day sorry"

But I do have a soft spot for the Lazar story. It's believable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭corks finest

This is a great thread, extremely interesting

Finally, highly recommend the recent documentary the phenomenon for anyone interested in this subject.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Mac Diarmada

Whats the opinions here on Dr Steven Greer?

Seems like a phoney to me.

Advertisement