Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No, we did not land on the moon.

I think he means the collective we as in the human race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Early Christmas panto

Oh yes we did!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

yaknowski wrote: »
    Israeli space dude says there is a base on mars and we aren't ready for the truth.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/07/israeli-space-official-aliens-exist-galactic-federation-humans-not-ready/

He is a respected former space security chief for a major nation. I doubt he has any solid proof to show us but who's to say this isn't true. Anyone who completely rules out the existence of Aliens is ignorant imo.

Trump definitely knows something judging from his responses to recent UFO questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    He is a respected former space security chief for a major nation. I doubt he has any solid proof to show us but who's to say this isn't true. Anyone who completely rules out the existence of Aliens is ignorant imo.

Trump definitely knows something judging from his responses to recent UFO questions.

There's a big difference between believing in life elsewhere and then making the jump to believing every claim about unexplained events being aliens.
    Hasn't this fella said that there is an agreement between the aliens and governments? I'm assuming this agreement covers aliens not disclosing themselves. Does this mean that the sightings that are being reported are those of aliens who are breaching the agreement?

There's a big difference between believing in life elsewhere and then making the jump to believing every claim about unexplained events being aliens.
    Hasn't this fella said that there is an agreement between the aliens and governments? I'm assuming this agreement covers aliens not disclosing themselves. Does this mean that the sightings that are being reported are those of aliens who are breaching the agreement?

I can't speak directly for the Galactic league, or promise this conversation has any sanity to it, but I'd say it's perfectly in their remit to visit here and doesnt actually reveal much at all, very little concrete evidence comes from these, wether it's a ufo sighting in California or an abduction of a farmer in Monaghan. No one really takes these seriously.

If anything a drip feeding of sightings etc will soften the blow of full disclosure, which if it was ever going to happen one would argue we are on the verge of.

As Obama says in his Jimmy Kimmel interview when asked about Aliens - "They exercise strict control over us" maybe there's some truth to his sarcastic tone.

Who knows what's really going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,683 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh right. Not very clear at all. Actually a common thread that all the Apollo guys noted when they went around the world after the landings was that though they went as Americans and it was America that did it and it was done to show the Cold War value of America as the best society, no matter where they went they heard the "we did it!" from people from every corner of the globe, including the Soviet Union. It struck all of them how collective a feeling it turned out to be.

That and the other major effect of those missions was in going to the Moon we really discovered the Earth as the cameras were turned towards it in its entirety for the first time. I think it was Gene Cernan, the last Apollo guy to step off the Moon who said that beyond all the technological advances and the fantastic science involved those two things alone made the whole thing worth every cent.

It was Gene's flight that got us this image:

earth_apollo17.gif

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Technically speaking all life is alien to Earth.. .. .. since RNA came from space long before DNA even 'evolved'.

Which begs the question.. .. .. where did RNA originate from?

*insert X-Files tune*

Btw, if any extra terrestrial life forms happen to be reading this, please don't hesitate to get in touch! Cos I sure as hell don't belong among humanity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The universe (both known and unknown) is so vast, it's absolutely unimaginably vast. There has to be other intelligent life out there. It would be very naive for us to think we are the only intelligent life in the universe. So yes, I do think there are little green men flying around out there somewhere. Have they ever come here, who knows, but they're out there.

This is true. Space is big. Very, VERY, big. Plus, our time on this planet has been tiny in the grand scheme of things. So, the vastness of space, coupled and our miniscule amount of existence makes the odds of any alien contact on this planet extremely small. So small as to be insignificant.

Simply put, the chances that alien life has visited us here are practically non existent.

Do UFO's exist? Sure, there's lot of unidentified flying objects knocking around. But, they're most probably - assuredly IMO - not little green men from space, no matter how much someone wants to "believe".

The odds that anyone from space has landed on earth are, literally, astronomical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Tony EH wrote: »
    This is true. Space is big. Very, VERY, big. Plus, our time on this planet has been tiny in the grand scheme of things. So, the vastness of space, coupled and our miniscule amount of existence makes the odds of any alien contact on this planet extremely small. So small as to be insignificant.

Simply put, the chances that alien life has visited us here are practically non existent.

Do UFO's exist? Sure, there's lot of unidentified flying objects knocking around. But, they're most probably - assuredly IMO - not little green men from space, no matter how much someone wants to "believe".

The odds that anyone from space has landed on earth are, literally, astronomical.

Grey. You said green men. A Reticulan's skin tone is actually grey. They're notorious for their extraction of terrestrial human livers. Due to iron depletion in the Reticulan galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did any of you ever read the Whitley Strieber books, Communion and Transformation. I think Cristopher Walken plays Strieber in the film Communion about his alien visitations.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

saabsaab wrote: »
    Oh yes we did!

Oh no we didn’t !!!

Yes that is what he meant but I’m unclear as to what you think I thought he meant since you think I didn’t know he meant mankind.

Who else could the “we” be?

jmlad2020 wrote: »

Well that is the most ridiculously far fetched thing on the thread so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Yes that is what he meant but I’m unclear as to what you think I thought he meant since you think I didn’t know he meant mankind.

Who else could the “we” be?

Those of us commenting on a thread on an Irish discussion site in 2020... Irish people in general ...

Well that is the most ridiculously far fetched thing on the thread so far
    hmmm...
    No, we did not land on the moon.

Those of us commenting on a thread on an Irish discussion site in 2020... Irish people in general ...

So you think Timberrrrr thought that I thought that branie2 was claiming the Irisha conquered the moon?

hmmm...

Really? Another person who doesn’t get the meaning of that?

Jaysus, apparently I’m too profound altogether...

Really? Another person who doesn’t get the meaning of that?

Jaysus, apparently I’m too profound altogether...

Ok so, if we, meaning (some of) the human race, didn't land on the moon, what did happen? We alighted...?

Or do you mean we didn't ALL go there? Fair enough so

• Advertisement

Ok so, if we, meaning (some of) the human race, didn't land on the moon, what did happen? We alighted...?

Or do you mean we didn't ALL go there? Fair enough so

How many times does a person need to answer the same question?

Trying to make out that I’m a “moon landing denier” from what I have posted is as looney as the moon landing conspiracies.

Just once

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Six times.

There were six crewed U.S. landings between 1969 and 1972, and numerous uncrewed landings.

A total of twelve men have landed on the Moon. This was accomplished with two US pilot-astronauts flying a Lunar Module on each of six NASA missions across a 41-month period starting 20 July 1969, with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on Apollo 11, and ending on 14 December 1972 with Gene Cernan and Jack Schmitt on Apollo 17. Cernan was the last man to step off the lunar surface.

No flying saucers or aliens were involved.

Trying to make out that I’m a “moon landing denier” from what I have posted is as looney as the moon landing conspiracies.
    Ok so
    Grey. You said green men. A Reticulan's skin tone is actually grey. They're notorious for their extraction of terrestrial human livers. Due to iron depletion in the Reticulan galaxy.
    Humankind DIDNT land on the moon,

And there IS little GREY men flying around...

Yeah, goodbye

Just once

If that is so then why are you asking the same question AFTER I have answered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Sorry, I don't want to get involved in your ongoing dispute with eachother, but are we suggesting that the Moon landings were staged on Earth?

Great film called 'Capricorn One' which involved faking a Mars mission. Fascinating film indeed, and of course we haven't been to Mars just yet.

Hopefully Mr Musk might get us there someday.

Six times.

There were six crewed U.S. landings between 1969 and 1972, and numerous uncrewed landings.

A total of twelve men have landed on the Moon. This was accomplished with two US pilot-astronauts flying a Lunar Module on each of six NASA missions across a 41-month period starting 20 July 1969, with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on Apollo 11, and ending on 14 December 1972 with Gene Cernan and Jack Schmitt on Apollo 17. Cernan was the last man to step off the lunar surface.

No flying saucers or aliens were involved.

People do tend to forget about the other guys.

As to that last bit, how do you know?

Ok so

Humankind DIDNT land on the moon,

And there IS little GREY men flying around...

Yeah, goodbye

So you just a thicko ?

You finally accept that I haven’t denied the moon landings and the in your next sentence insist that I have.

And then... ?

Oh dear...

Sorry, I don't want to get involved in your ongoing dispute with eachother, but are we suggesting that the Moon landings were staged on Earth?

Great film called 'Capricorn One' which involved faking a Mars mission. Fascinating film indeed, and of course we haven't been to Mars just yet.

Hopefully Mr Musk might get us there someday.

There is no dispute - such a think requires opposing points of view and yet man doesn’t have one.

As to the moon landing being a hoax, I never posted such a thing.

And that is a great movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,157 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People do tend to forget about the other guys.

As to that last bit, how do you know?

Buzz Aldrin punches anybody that suggests the moon landings were not exactly as described. that is good enough for me.

Advertisement