Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to try and lose 60lbs in 28 days

Options

Comments

ArthurG wrote: »
    I'm with you - this has all the hallmarks of a well executed troll.

Especially having to wait over 24 hours for “keyhole” surgery on a ruptured appendix, a life threatening condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I'm with you - this has all the hallmarks of a well executed troll.

Very easy to hide on your sofa and behind the safety of the internet , nice and comfy behind boards.ie and make ablaza claim . :(

Who knows maybe your another Jimmy Saville .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Very easy to hide on your sofa and behind the safety of the internet , nice and comfy behind boards.ie and make ablaza claim . :(

Who knows maybe your another Jimmy Saville .

Wow - being accused of being a paedophile for calling you out on your 'story'..... I think that tells me everything I need to know about you buddy.

Especially having to wait over 24 hours for “keyhole” surgery on a ruptured appendix, a life threatening condition.

People like you is why people get themselves banned from boards.ie

Is my IV line and picture of the ward proof enough for you. Ya piece of S

Wow - being accused of being a paedophile for calling you out on your 'story'..... I think that tells me everything I need to know about you buddy.

I only played you at your own bloody game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

People like you is why people get themselves banned from boards.ie

Is my IV line and picture of the ward proof enough for you. Ya piece of S

I just came in the thread to see how you were getting on.

But I've had my appendix removed, it ruptured when I got a bad tackle in a rugby match about 7 years ago.

If its ruptured you go straight to surgery and they cut you open.

If its only inflammed well then you fast for 24hours (roughly) and get keyhole surgery.

Maybe you heard wrong and its inflammed?

Either way best of look with recovery! I remember after my surgery I could barely walk for the first 2 weeks, I was like the hunchback of notre dame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Mods, can we just lock or remove this thread now. It's becoming seven shades of a sh*tshow.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I just came in the thread to see how you were getting on.

But I've had my appendix removed, it ruptured when I got a bad tackle in a rugby match about 7 years ago.

If its ruptured you go straight to surgery and they cut you open.

If its only inflammed well then you fast for 24hours (roughly) and get keyhole surgery.

Maybe you heard wrong and its inflammed?

Either way best of look with recovery! I remember after my surgery I could barely walk for the first 2 weeks, I was like the hunchback of notre dame.

Well the way you originally worded it seemed like you were saying as I was fabricating the whole thing . Rupture were the words of the doctor and the plan was to initial cut me open fully but for some reason they managed it through key hole .

brianblaze wrote: »
    Mods, can we just lock or remove this thread now. It's becoming seven shades of a sh*tshow.

That's a real first world problem you have there Brian . You must have a very easy life

I didn't accuse you of anything. Your just twisting your words now . I just played you at your own game . Not nice. isn't it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Are you still waiting for the surgery?

6 wrote: »
    Are you still waiting for the surgery?

If you read through the whole thread like you said you did earlier you'd know the answer

That's a real first world problem you have there Brian . You must have a very easy life

My first world problem is that I don't want you to get all the negativity? Cool....

Hey OP, I'd say it must be a right kick in the balls to have geared up mentally to start on your plan, only to find yourself needing surgery.

I don't think continuing with the thread at this point is going to do much good.

Take a break and go again in a month or so when you're recovered.

Sincerely, best of luck.

Hey OP, I'd say it must be a right kick in the balls to have geared up mentally to start on your plan, only to find yourself needing surgery.

I don't think continuing with the thread at this point is going to do much good.

Take a break and go again in a month or so when you're recovered.

Sincerely, best of luck.

Thanks and I agree

My first world problem is that I don't want you to get all the negativity? Cool....

Well you did like the post accusing me of being a troll

Well you did like the post accusing me of being a troll

Well, this thread has turned into you insulting people's advice who know a lot more than you and calling random people paedophiles, so that's not a great sign.

If you're not a troll and this is genuinely how you interact with people trying to help you in real life, I think you should address that before your weight

Well, this thread has turned into you insulting people's advice who know a lot more than you and calling random people paedophiles, so that's not a great sign.

If you're not a troll and this is genuinely how you interact with people trying to help you in real life, I think you should address that before your weight

No you don't know they know more than me it's only your opinion but you don't know it . There were one or 2 good posters but alot of baters. And I didn't call anyone a paedophile I just said the possibility was there. A 99.9% improbability of course but I just wanted to flip back that troll thinking he put out there of me first . If you don't think I know much about fitness test my knowledge of course my knowledge that your judging me on may be because you have alot more than you think yourself . Tell me your stats and your goals muscle gain fatloss and I'll give you a a plan based on my opinion and you can judge me .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Obese
    Unfit
    No muscle
    Weak

Sign me up to your program

Only joking I think you are wonderful

Tell me your stats and your goals muscle gain fatloss and I'll give you a a plan based on my opinion and you can judge me.

I want to lose 60lbs in 28 days....

• Advertisement

I want to lose 60lbs in 28 days....

What's your current weight and height

• Registered Users Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you don't think I know much about fitness test my knowledge of course my knowledge that your judging me on may be because you have alot more than you think yourself . Tell me your stats and your goals muscle gain fatloss and I'll give you a a plan based on my opinion and you can judge me .

Probably better to walk the walk before offering advice to someone.

What's your current weight and height

5'11"
    82kg
    31" waist

190 DL
    175 SQ
    105 Bench

These were all last competition though, lockdown has probably affected my totals.

5'11"
    82kg
    31" waist

190 DL
    175 SQ
    105 Bench

These were all last competition though, lockdown has probably affected my totals.

Have you been able to do any SBD during lockdown?

Not for a fitness plan...just curious since you mentioned comp!

Have you been able to do any SBD during lockdown?

Not for a fitness plan...just curious since you mentioned comp!

I bought an Oly bar and plates but only have 100kg, so just volume on DL's and rows. I'm building a squat rack once i can get the materials and can borrow some tools! I'd say my totals a funked TBH, I wasn't planning any comps this year either way but was working up to a decent bench and a 200DL which was the goal for the summer.

I bought an Oly bar and plates but only have 100kg, so just volume on DL's and rows. I'm building a squat rack once i can get the materials and can borrow some tools! I'd say my totals a funked TBH, I wasn't planning any comps this year either way but was working up to a decent bench and a 200DL which was the goal for the summer.

You've more to work with than me so. Was supposed to do a comp at the end of March but obviously didnt so just been treating this as a fairly extended phase of GPP.

I'd say my numbers have dropped a fair bit but I don't think it'll be all that long to regain.

You've more to work with than me so. Was supposed to do a comp at the end of March but obviously didnt so just been treating this as a fairly extended phase of GPP.

I'd say my numbers have dropped a fair bit but I don't think it'll be all that long to regain.

That's always the way. A week or two of "kitten strength" then it all comes back

That's always the way. A week or two of "kitten strength" then it all comes back

Will probably take a couple of weeks of low volume to establish how strong the kitten is then blast it with reps. All of them.

A selection of bands and a 25kg sandbag is all I have.

5'11"
    82kg
    31" waist

190 DL
    175 SQ
    105 Bench

So where is the 60lbs going to come from . You already have ideal lean stats for your height

• Advertisement

Will probably take a couple of weeks of low volume to establish how strong the kitten is then blast it with reps. All of them.

A selection of bands and a 25kg sandbag is all I have.

I got some resistance bands in pretty soon into lockdown but literally once I had hands on the bar it was a big relief. (Hands are soft as now though. All my callouses are pretty much gone so need to rebuild them!)

Advertisement