Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Kid Charlemagne

Lessons allowed for over 18's so? :confused:

Definitely not allowed according to our pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Lessons allowed for over 18's so? :confused:

Sorry my post should have said "only allowed for under 18's". My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

3 households allowed meet from May 10th, so 3 balls def allowed. Hopefully clubs will just allow 4 balls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ClutchIt wrote: »
    3 households allowed meet from May 10th, so 3 balls def allowed. Hopefully clubs will just allow 4 balls though.

Nice one happy enough with 3 balls, we don't allow 4 balls in comps as it's too slow.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Nice one happy enough with 3 balls, we don't allow 4 balls in comps as it's too slow.

3 balls worked very well last time for us. Nice and quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭enricoh

Im presuming lessons arent allowed under these guidelines or are they?

Rang the pro yesterday for a lesson, 1 to 1 adult lessons not allowed, he can teach up to 15 kids in one group lesson though!
    Makes perfect sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ClutchIt wrote: »

Why? 3 balls are much better and quicker.
    If it’s singles, I always say it should be 3 balls, if it’s betterball, foresome team etc then 4 balls are good

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Golfer365

"Outdoor events with up to 15 people will be allowed from this date" May 10th

Would this not mean 4 balls will be allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭blue note

Yes, it will.

Are these officially announced? Or is it just leaks and the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Will competitions be back on the cards from the 10th May then, if 4 balls are allowed? I need some competitive action!! :)

• Advertisement

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Will competitions be back on the cards from the 10th May then, if 4 balls are allowed? I need some competitive action!! :)

Is your club not running handicap counting events? 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

4balls will be allowed. Competitions surely will also be permitted. No reason why competitive golf and opens cant resume from Monday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

4balls will be allowed. Competitions surely will also be permitted. No reason why competitive golf and opens cant resume from Monday week.
    The leaks are saying sports matches at a later date, I expect to be lumped in with them initially.

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    The leaks are saying sports matches at a later date, I expect to be lumped in with them initially.

Thats my concern alright. Cant see clubs abiding until June though, regardless of Golf Ireland's interpretation of whatever is mooted.

Looks like 3 balls lads, think he said meeting outdoors with 3 households.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Team training in pods of 15 are allowed

Think we will need wait for Golf Ireland to interpret the crap!

Max 3 households or up to 6 people (from multiple households). Fourballs back from the 10th. Although may mean further intervals between tee times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

4balls will be allowed. Competitions surely will also be permitted. No reason why competitive golf and opens cant resume from Monday week. Straight away

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Max 3 households or up to 6 people (from multiple households). Fourballs back from the 10th. Although may mean further intervals between tee times.

Love the fourballs back...

Have a standing game against another crew...

If two balls went on we would probably set up gamebook golf and have mini tourment for 10 euro a man...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TigerPhil

What are the current golf rules in Northern Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Visitors are allowed as of today in Northern Ireland.

I know my own club is only allowing visitors to play Monday-Friday due to the high demand for tee times at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Needed to go to office today after a year away in Cork and dropped by Frankfield Driving range. Anyone know what the story is because the bays are restricted to GUI and Range members only. Have always used that range and no idea about what being a Range member entails? Tried ringing but there's no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

valoren wrote:
    Needed to go to office today after a year away in Cork and dropped by Frankfield Driving range. Anyone know what the story is because the bays are restricted to GUI and Range members only. Have always used that range and no idea about what being a Range member entails? Tried ringing but there's no answer.

If you are in a club you are a GUI member.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

valoren wrote: »

Glenlo Abbey in Galway has the same set up. I paid something like €80 to join as a range member. Received a card for the machine with €80+worth of balls on it. Filled out a form. Need to sign in and out in the pro shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

valoren wrote: »

Did someone stop you?

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Did someone stop you?

It was closed. Thought open at 9.30 but it's 10.30.

fearruanua wrote: »
    Glenlo Abbey in Galway has the same set up. I paid something like €80 to join as a range member. Received a card for the machine with €80+worth of balls on it. Filled out a form. Need to sign in and out in the pro shop.

Yes, likely the same set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TigerPhil

Visitors are allowed as of today in Northern Ireland.

I know my own club is only allowing visitors to play Monday-Friday due to the high demand for tee times at weekends.
    What are the new rules in Northern Ireland?
    Three per line, four per line?

Household restrictions??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭blue note

Surely we'll fall under training in groups of 15 or less and be allowed 4balls. Or is't it a max of 3 households or 6 people outside? Either way 4balls should be allowed.

That said, I think threeballs work best. The course keeps moving that bit faster and I find it more sociable. In 4 balls it mainly ends up as two person conversations for most of the day. In 3 balls all 3 of you chat together throughout the round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

TigerPhil wrote: »
    What are the new rules in Northern Ireland?
    Three per line, four per line?

Household restrictions??

4 balls.

No restrictions on how many households.

Advertisement