Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A fry-up in the morning. Is it unhealthy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭NSAman

pinktoe wrote: »
    :eek:

So how much salt do you use when you have chips?

probably 10 but then he pops a Lotrel..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Red sauce is a masking agent for bad cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

salmocab wrote: »
    Red sauce is a masking agent for bad cooking.

Red sauce sambos was a staple part of the diet in the in-laws house back in the day.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Red sauce sambos was a staple part of the diet in the in-laws house back in the day.

How did the divorce go?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

How did the divorce go?

I was banging a bird about a year ago who used to carry around sachets of ketchup in her handbag in case she needed to use them on her food. Didn’t like to ask for it for in fancy restaurants, Chinese restaurants etc, but had to have it on her food.

She wasn’t even that common, but definitely a complete looper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I was banging a bird about a year ago who used to carry around sachets of ketchup in her handbag in case she needed to use them on her food. Didn’t like to ask for it for in fancy restaurants, Chinese restaurants etc, but had to have it on her food.

huh. I knew a young woman a good few years ago who was the exact same, and could also be described as a looper.

for the record, there was no banging.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

Cienciano wrote: »
    Can of 7up? It's not a childrens birthday, it's a fry up. Tea is the only drink to have with it. And don't give me any of that coffee bollocks

Tea me hole. Auld soft talk!

Wash it down with a pint and ready for round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

Ah ketchup, a likely cover up story for any red river.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭NSAman

conor05 wrote: »

Health and Fitness Magazine called...

They are doing a special on loose stools and wanted your comments.

ablelocks wrote: »
    huh. I knew a young woman a good few years ago who was the exact same, and could also be described as a looper.

for the record, there was no banging.

It appears Johnny was banging who you could not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

conor05 wrote: »

A pint ....of Milk like a real Irish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Used to have a fry nearly every saturday evening in our house disguised as a mixed grill. It would be on the plate just in time for Gladiators. The best part of the fry was dipping the bread into the grease to soak up all the tasty juices.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

NSAman wrote: »
    Health and Fitness Magazine called...

They are doing a special on loose stools and wanted your comments.

The beerfear would be too high to answer any phone calls, especially unknown numbers ðŸ˜႒

Jeju wrote: »
    Used to have a fry nearly every saturday evening in our house disguised as a mixed grill. It would be on the plate just in time for Gladiators. The best part of the fry was dipping the bread into the grease to soak up all the tasty juices.

I know a few houses that still do this, add chips and it becomes an evening meal. Always Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The key to a good fry up is, throwing a few gravy granules and a hand full of cloves into the pan x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

The key to a good fry up is, throwing a few gravy granules and a hand full of cloves into the pan x

Cloves , wha ? X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I once asked if there was an brown sauce in a school friend’s house. His mother replied “No” before adding “we’re not common”.

I would have assumed sauce transcended the “class barrier” but apparently not.

Personally, I always work under the “rule” of ketchup with chips, sausages and burgers and then brown with rashers, pork chops and ham sandwiches.

Brown sauce in the tae can't be bait.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHobYvGHPM0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Flavour Diaper

Haven't had an irish breakfast in ten years and don't miss it. Poor quality meat made from animals that never see the light of day served with sugary beans, oily hash browns and undercooked tomatoes? Each to their own but Nah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Leave it out Reg; you're taking the piss.
    Cloves are good for hot whiskeys and absolutely nothing else.

• Flaccus wrote: »
    And the YR sauce.

WOAH there feller!

All about the HP.

• Advertisement

WOAH there feller!

All about the HP.

Doesn't regular HP taste pretty much the same as YR.

Haven't had an irish breakfast in ten years and don't miss it. Poor quality meat made from animals that never see the light of day served with sugary beans, oily hash browns and undercooked tomatoes? Each to their own but Nah.

Talking out yer hole about poor quality meat. Alot of the sausage and puddings I buy from butchers well known for producing top stuff. And you can buy sugar free beans, cook your own hash browns to perfection. Don't like tomatoes. Sounds to me like you were frequenting kips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I once asked if there was an brown sauce in a school friend’s house. His mother replied “No” before adding “we’re not common”.

Personally, I always work under the “rule” of ketchup with chips, sausages and burgers and then brown with rashers, pork chops and ham sandwiches.

I think the fact you don’t have sauce would actually make you common

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

As with everything you get what you pay for

Go into a sh*thole and expect sh*thole food

That’s like going to Spain, picking the worst restaurant in village and then complaining when the paella is terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

What about Worcestershire sauce? My Granny used to have the YR version and for some reason we used to call it "Yorkshire Relish Thin".
    I loved it on fried potatoes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Flavour Diaper

Flaccus wrote: »
    Talking out yer hole about poor quality meat.

The places I went to on the rare occasion when I felt like an Irish breakfast were entirely unremarkable. Run of the mill. And yes, typically the meat in those places is very poor quality, as is most of the packaged pork that Irish families buy in supermarkets. I'm glad to hear you do otherwise, and I'm certain you also go the extra mile to ensure it's free range.

It appears Johnny was banging who you could would not

fyp.

ablelocks wrote: »
    fyp.

Touché

Touché

I'd say johnny touchéd her up and down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

The places I went to on the rare occasion when I felt like an Irish breakfast were entirely unremarkable. Run of the mill. And yes, typically the meat in those places is very poor quality, as is most of the packaged pork that Irish families buy in supermarkets. I'm glad to hear you do otherwise, and I'm certain you also go the extra mile to ensure it's free range.

In the 10 years you've been out the quality may have improved. One of the big food trends over that period has been to take a type of food previously looked down on and bring it up upmarket with better ingredients. Cafe Sofia rather than lunchtime at The Blacker so to speak.

Personally I love one the odd time. Too often or too much food and they're just heavy. If the ingredients are rubbish they're minging too. Done right they're great.

Advertisement